Early signing starts today ?

• 17 replies
Early signing starts today ?
« on: November 12, 2008, 10:01:49 AM »
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=874650

Wednesday marks the first day high school senior basketball players can sign a national letter of intent, binding them to a college they will call home.

So what are the story lines to watch over the next 10 days? Rivals.com knows.

Big timers waiting

Xavier Henry might make Kansas and Memphis wait for his decision.
Eight of the top 25 players have yet to decide on a college. None of the eight appear to be in a big hurry to sign during the early period.

1. John Wall – See below.
3. Xavier Henry – Two-horse race between Kansas and Memphis.
4. Derrick Favors – See below.
9. Lance Stephenson – Could be looking at non-college options (see below) as well as St. John's.

Molloy '71

Re: Early signing starts today ?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2008, 11:30:34 AM »
I'm assuming Omari signed today?

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 03:20:32 PM »
Noted in thread on Stith & Lawerence that Hardy has signed with St John's. big scoring 2 guard in J>C>

sjd8886

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 12:24:53 AM »
zags says lawrence has the papers and will sign and return them...whats goin on with stith?

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 12:28:47 AM »
zags says lawrence has the papers and will sign and return them...whats goin on with stith?

I also received word from Omari that he will sign tomorrow. Stith is really a mystery. I think I could get a hold of CIA agents easier than him. At this point I'm having my doubts that Stith wants to be here even though I think he'd be a very nice addition we need another "true" PG on the roster and he, like boothe, is tough, lightning quick, and knows how to push the ball.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 01:08:15 AM »

I also received word from Omari that he will sign tomorrow. Stith is really a mystery. I think I could get a hold of CIA agents easier than him. At this point I'm having my doubts that Stith wants to be here even though I think he'd be a very nice addition we need another "true" PG on the roster and he, like boothe, is tough, lightning quick, and knows how to push the ball.

I just asked Zags for the real deal on Malik. He editied the text on his blog regarding Tom K to remove Maliks name completely.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »

I just asked Zags for the real deal on Malik. He editied the text on his blog regarding Tom K to remove Maliks name completely.

Ok I'm withholding again but I don't want to spread rumor but looks like after we sign Omari tomorrow we'll still have an open scholarship.

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 01:41:40 AM »

Ok I'm withholding again but I don't want to spread rumor but looks like after we sign Omari tomorrow we'll still have an open scholarship.

Ok we better hope someone on the roster can  backup Boothe for the net couple of years. Imagine if by some miracle Lance qualifies?

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 01:54:31 AM »

Ok we better hope someone on the roster can  backup Boothe for the net couple of years. Imagine if by some miracle Lance qualifies?

I think Lance is ripe for the taking.

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 02:09:14 AM »

I think Lance is ripe for the taking.

Wow, if Lance comes maybe St Johns can finally beat IONA! lol

LJSA

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:17:36 AM »

So ... did Chaz send in his LOI to Pecora yet?

Randomhero423

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 06:36:22 AM »

friday press conference

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 09:13:30 AM »

friday press conference

Hofstra adds a point guard
Tom Pecora loves recruiting in the city and turning local products into big-time players, especially guards. He's added 5-8 Chaz Williams out of Brooklyn's Bishop Ford HS for next year.

Williams joins St. Dom's 6-8 center Paul Bilbo on the Pride's recruit list. Williams will sign his letter of intent on Friday.

Posted by Arthur Staple on November 12, 2008 1:21 PM

LJSA

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »
Interesting that we were still trying to recruit him even after he had verbaled. Depending on the timeline, the staff may have known for quite a while that Stith wasn't going to happen.

Too bad Chaz was a man of his word, because I would have liked to have seen him and Lawrence in the same backcourt.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 02:05:23 PM »
Interesting that we were still trying to recruit him even after he had verbaled. Depending on the timeline, the staff may have known for quite a while that Stith wasn't going to happen.

Too bad Chaz was a man of his word, because I would have liked to have seen him and Lawrence in the same backcourt.

two 5'8 point guards on the same team is a bad idea. Unless Chaz Williams can score 25 per game.

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 02:14:06 PM »

two 5'8 point guards on the same team is a bad idea. Unless Chaz Williams can score 25 per game.

Stith at 5'9 is much better lol. Lets get Lance!

Randomhero423

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »
chaz would have been a very good get for st john's.  oh well