An idea,and maybe one to apply at the Martist game...

• 7 replies

Poison

An idea,and maybe one to apply at the Martist game...
« on: December 25, 2007, 11:22:02 PM »
It's obvious that we're not going to be a great defensive team. So we have to score better.

Start Kennedy at the point, Wright at the 2, Mase at the 3, Thomas at the 4, Burrell at the 5.
This team needs to try something new. We're in crisis mode now.

Re: An idea,and maybe one to apply at the Martist game...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 12:30:45 AM »
you know i thought something like this myself ... (i would start larry at the point to bring the ball up but kennedy to start the offense in the half court)

we really dont run an offense that we need a pure point so just having all those threats would make us dangerous ...

we all know there is NO WAY he sits geno

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 11:14:35 AM »
as of now i think its a good idea. Dj is better than malik right now. and is just as good as a point guard as geno is. It will open up more minutes for are best players and get everyone in the game. Plus dj will have some favorable matchups.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 02:57:59 PM »
Its a good idea BUT there is no way geno sits in favor of DJ. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 03:16:47 PM »
But playing Kennedy at the point is a great idea-- here is where we learn whether this kid has enough to play point guard in the Big East (or at least enough potential-- he'll make a lot of turnovers), and this will shorten the rotation.  If he's going to be playing 30-35 minutes a night, we can't be sitting Mason in favor of Paris (who is hit and miss), Malik (who is mostly miss right now/ in this offense), Cav's 2 minute look, and Dele's 5 minute cameos (as he had in the Hawai'i tournament).

I do think, though, that I'm not sure why Roberts hasn't shortened the rotation, and I suspect he's just a bit rigid in the way he goes about managing the on-court team.

Poison

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 08:52:52 PM »
But playing Kennedy at the point is a great idea-- here is where we learn whether this kid has enough to play point guard in the Big East (or at least enough potential-- he'll make a lot of turnovers), and this will shorten the rotation.  If he's going to be playing 30-35 minutes a night, we can't be sitting Mason in favor of Paris (who is hit and miss), Malik (who is mostly miss right now/ in this offense), Cav's 2 minute look, and Dele's 5 minute cameos (as he had in the Hawai'i tournament).

I do think, though, that I'm not sure why Roberts hasn't shortened the rotation, and I suspect he's just a bit rigid in the way he goes about managing the on-court team.

If we can't change the coach right now, at least we can pray that a line up change will help us.
Right now, Jasuloines and Lawrence aren't working.

kob24

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 11:13:41 AM »
norm did tell me hes building for the future and that lineup sounds like the future

nrb155

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 12:14:40 PM »
personally i dont like it...i dont have faith in either DJ or Lwright handling the ball.  although geno really doesnt make anything happen per se on the court, it still is nice to have a guy who can handle the ball against a press or to drive to the hoop