The Flop

• 11 replies
The Flop
« on: December 29, 2007, 11:44:37 PM »
Do we over flop? We do get a fair amount of charges called in our favor but sometimes I feel we are constantly flopping. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Thoughts?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

Re: The Flop
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 11:48:27 PM »
im kinda not mad at the flop...... when it works ;)

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2007, 08:17:22 AM »
Some are acted out.
Be a real man and take a charge when a brother double yo size is gonna dunk on you head. 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Tha Kid

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
overdoing the flop is seriously detrimental to the team.  It puts your entire team out of defensive position and leads to easy hoops.  Risk is not worth the reward.  Make sure there is significant contact before you fall.  The refs have been around the block...sometimes they can be fooled...but they know what you're tryin to do out there.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 06:18:12 PM »
evans is terrible at it and gets over way to late

burrell has probably taken at least 10 charges already. boothe is good at it
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Randomhero423

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 06:22:06 PM »
boothe is our best defender. 

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 06:42:24 PM »
yea evans does too many half ass fouls. If you are going to hack him well hack him and make sure he doesn't make it. Just don't tap him or take an obviously late charge and let him score and 1.

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
overdoing the flop is seriously detrimental to the team.  It puts your entire team out of defensive position and leads to easy hoops.  Risk is not worth the reward.  Make sure there is significant contact before you fall.  The refs have been around the block...sometimes they can be fooled...but they know what you're tryin to do out there.

it works for Duke!!!   haha...seriously though  I can't stand flopping...they need to start calling fouls on floppers...or at least start breaking up the acting classes players are going to.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 10:00:35 PM »
one of my favorite qualities in a player is the willingness to take charges, so i cant complain on this one
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 10:06:58 PM »
one of my favorite qualities in a player is the willingness to take charges, so i cant complain on this one

when is the last st. john's game you went to?

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »

I coach 5th grade CYO this year. .   one of my kids took 3 charges on Saturday..  it was the highlight of the game..!!!

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2007, 10:10:33 PM »
I love someone that will take a charge standing underneath the basket but I'm not asking about charges I'm talking about the flop. When an opposing player is dribbling the ball or on an inbounds play and our guy just goes to the floor. If you get the call great but sometimes we get burnt because our guy is on the floor while his man continues on.