Get the big men going...

• 13 replies

Poison

Get the big men going...
« on: November 28, 2007, 10:53:02 AM »
I'd like to see Norm run a couple plays for the bigs.
Not just Burrell, but let's get them comfortable out there.

We're going to need our big men against the Canes.

Re: Get the big men going...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 03:02:34 PM »
i agree.  tomas is automatic when he gets the ball.  his close in shot is much better than burrell's...

Poison

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 03:05:57 PM »
i agree.  tomas is automatic when he gets the ball.  his close in shot is much better than burrell's...

for now, but i'm really talking about coker and evans. tomas and burrell have been good.

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 03:24:18 PM »

for now, but i'm really talking about coker and evans. tomas and burrell have been good.

Yea i agree Poison I have liked the fast break offense this year but in the half court we really have to get the bigs invovled.  If the bigs can establish themselves down low it allows the offense to move so much smoother and our play makers in mason and wright can work on the outside.  It will be interesting to see how the half court offense runs today with Mase back in the line up.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 03:32:55 PM »

Yea i agree Poison I have liked the fast break offense this year but in the half court we really have to get the bigs invovled.  If the bigs can establish themselves down low it allows the offense to move so much smoother and our play makers in mason and wright can work on the outside.  It will be interesting to see how the half court offense runs today with Mase back in the line up.

I expect Mase to defer to Wright and Burrell for now.
I'm still not sold on the All Big East Mason Jr that everyone has been writing about.
Hope I'm wrong.

Let's hope we come out playing strong man to man defense,
and we can use the 2nd half as practice.

nrb155

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 04:58:54 PM »
the big men are key to drawing the double and kickin the ball out to our newly hot shooters. With an established shooter ie Lwright or Amase it will make a defense more weary to double and thats when our big men can go to work...if tomas can perfect that 5 foot baby hook he's unstoppable

Poison

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 05:05:11 PM »
the big men are key to drawing the double and kickin the ball out to our newly hot shooters. With an established shooter ie Lwright or Amase it will make a defense more weary to double and thats when our big men can go to work...if tomas can perfect that 5 foot baby hook he's unstoppable

Tomas is unstoppable without the baby hook.

kob24

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 11:24:39 AM »

i dont know about that 1   :-\ But would some 1 please tell geno to throw justin the oop on the fast breaks hes killing me >:(

redstorm32

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 01:41:45 PM »
im sure justin has opened his mouth up letting geno know he wants the ball high

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 03:56:23 PM »

i dont know about that 1   :-\ But would some 1 please tell geno to throw justin the oop on the fast breaks hes killing me >:(

the best thing geno has done this year is to avoid the rucker like play that's killed us in the past.  he's been solid...other than launching too many ill advised threes.

nrb155

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2007, 06:02:33 PM »
ehh just last game with the threes....i expect him to regain his composure against the U

redstorm32

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007, 04:54:46 PM »
i have no problem with geno shooting the 3 ball but it seems at times he doesnt know when to shoot the 3

last game there were a couple of times he had a wide open look but instead he tried to drive and did nothing and there were those awful 3's he chucked up

im sure coach roberts has opened up geno's eyes too shoot the 3 when open and not so much when being guarded and 30 feet out

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2007, 06:40:44 PM »
How is Tomas auto down low?
Y'all watchin the same playa?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 08:53:10 PM »
How is Tomas auto down low?
Y'all watchin the same playa?

I meant it as a joke.