Tea Party

• 13 replies
Tea Party
« on: April 16, 2009, 08:24:08 AM »
Anyone see the Tea Parties around the country on Fox News? Some good stuff, but can someone please explain what Fair Tax is and entails?

Re: Tea Party
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 09:16:37 AM »
Anyone see the Tea Parties around the country on Fox News? Some good stuff, but can someone please explain what Fair Tax is and entails?

fair tax is whatever the obama administration wants it to be.

pmg911

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:56:42 AM »

According to Obama. . Fair Tax is making the 15% of the working population that pay 75% of the nations taxes.. . to pay more..   or as our fearless leaders says "their fair share"

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »

According to Obama. . Fair Tax is making the 15% of the working population that pay 75% of the nations taxes.. . to pay more..   or as our fearless leaders says "their fair share"

You mean the 15% that make over 80% of the nation's salary?  Right?

These tea parties were a huge Fox News marketing ploy only thinly disguised as a grass roots movement for bitter, rich, white men.  If there was ever any question that FNC is just an extension of the far right segment of the RNC I think any doubt has been erased.  Their opinions on DC, congressional and Executive privilege have turned 180 degrees purely based upon the party in power.  And now to run this partisan lobbying exercise well, it's disgusting that anyone would consider them a valid news organization.

LJSA

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 11:59:32 PM »
All I know is that I've heard way too many conservatives use the term "teabagging" lately.

Given my maturity level, I of course laughed every time. But still, you'd think someone would have clued them in.

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 01:18:47 PM »
Just remember, if you're going to be doing a lot of tea bagging in the near future, you're going to need a Dick Armey on your side!
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 01:37:37 PM »

And now to run this partisan lobbying exercise well, it's disgusting that anyone would consider them a valid news organization.

oh yeah. .  and Keith Olberman on MSNBC and the NY Times are really what should be considered fair & balanced...

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 01:48:58 PM »

Let me ask you this...

I get up everyday, work hard and try to earn a good living to provide for my family, just like many Americans. Lets say for arguements sake I make $250,000 per year.

Why should I pay a significantly higher tax rate then the guy at the GM plant who makes $75,000 per year...?

I have no problem paying what really is my fair share, that being the same federal tax rate as every other guy in the country who is trying to provide for their family.

The President has all but declared "tax warfare" on the people in this country that the Democratic party has labled "rich".

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 01:51:03 PM »
Can someone please identify what is exactly considered the Middle Class? By Government standards anyway

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 05:17:33 PM »

Let me ask you this...

I get up everyday, work hard and try to earn a good living to provide for my family, just like many Americans. Lets say for arguements sake I make $250,000 per year.

Why should I pay a significantly higher tax rate then the guy at the GM plant who makes $75,000 per year...?

I have no problem paying what really is my fair share, that being the same federal tax rate as every other guy in the country who is trying to provide for their family.

The President has all but declared "tax warfare" on the people in this country that the Democratic party has labled "rich".

Do the math Pat.  The 15% paying 75% are making 80%.  Is that really paying their fair share?   ;)

But seriously tax rates have been higher for the wealthy since taxes were invented, blame Obama if you like - that's your partisan prerogative, but that's just a fact.  It's also a fact that even for the wealthiest under the proposed new tax plan their tax rate would still be lower than it was ten years ago.  And the differences in tax rates aren't that "significant" on a step by step basis.  But if you want to say millionaires are paying at a significantly higher rate than those at the poverty level, well I'll give you that.

And be careful when you throw around flat tax ideas.  That could hurt all socioecomic groups.  Folks making under $50K would go bankrupt and folks like "you" (and I for that matter) making $200K + would likely see a net tax increase as we wouldn't have our property tax, mortgage interest, child care, education, and various other deductions that we are now able to use (and most of which those guys making $75K and less don't have because they can't afford) to bring our effective tax rate as low as folks making half of what we're making.

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »

And now to run this partisan lobbying exercise well, it's disgusting that anyone would consider them a valid news organization.

oh yeah. .  and Keith Olberman on MSNBC and the NY Times are really what should be considered fair & balanced...

I think you misunderstood a bit of what I'm saying.  While I don't agree with FNC's politics I wasn't specifically aking them to task for being convervative Republicans, that's their right - even if I disagree with it.

But while Keith and the old gray lady surely lean hard to the left and have done so for a long time they somehow managed to shy away from creating and sponsoring national partisan grandstanding protests. 

FNC essentially created a pseudo-reality show for nice persons and then covered it as if it were news.  That's the disgusting part.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 05:24:38 PM by yankcranker »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 06:25:55 PM »
Yankcranker's on fire! 

pmg911

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 09:24:27 AM »

I think you misunderstood a bit of what I'm saying.  While I don't agree with FNC's politics I wasn't specifically aking them to task for being convervative Republicans, that's their right - even if I disagree with it.

But while Keith and the old gray lady surely lean hard to the left and have done so for a long time they somehow managed to shy away from creating and sponsoring national partisan grandstanding protests. 

FNC essentially created a pseudo-reality show for nice persons and then covered it as if it were news.  That's the disgusting part.

apologies if I misunderstood

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2009, 02:28:43 AM »

Olberman is more than a hard lean to the left.  He's a joke.  So is Hannity in my book.