Justin Brownlee - F - Chipola College - Tifton, GA -ST. JOHN'S (Signed LOI)

• 95 replies

Poison

Burrell was rated higher than Blair?
By whom?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 08:01:32 PM by Poison »

Evans and Kennedy are the only two guys we have we really go hard on the glass. It seems like Burrell isn't motivated enough to rebound.

motivated enough to rebound? it seems like hes not motivated enough to do anything. i always forget that this is a player rated higher than dajuan blair coming out of hs.

evans outscored and out rebounded him. if burrell was half as motivated as evans is, he could put up 20-12 type #s easy.

but then again with this coaching staff, i dont blame him for not being motivated to play.

i dont think burrell can get 20/12 "easy."  those are some good numbers...

Burrell was rates higher than Blair?
By whom?

rivals.

Evans and Kennedy are the only two guys we have we really go hard on the glass. It seems like Burrell isn't motivated enough to rebound.

motivated enough to rebound? it seems like hes not motivated enough to do anything. i always forget that this is a player rated higher than dajuan blair coming out of hs.

evans outscored and out rebounded him. if burrell was half as motivated as evans is, he could put up 20-12 type #s easy.

but then again with this coaching staff, i dont blame him for not being motivated to play.

I think Burrell could be realistically a 16 and 8 guy easy though. Burrell has an improving face up game.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

I think Burrell could be realistically a 16 and 8 guy easy though. Burrell has an improving face up game.

i agree.

Poison

By whom?

rivals.

It was my understanding that Justin Burrell was rated at 50
nationally, and DeJuan Blair was rated between 15-20.

By whom?

rivals.

It was my understanding that Justin Burrell was rated at 50
nationally, and DeJuan Blair was rated between 15-20.

on espn and scout that's the case. but not on rivals.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/viewrank.asp

blair at 59th burrell 51st.

Poison

Wow, who were these people at Rivals that did this?
They probably never even saw Blair play.

SJU could put Burrell and Evans on Blair and he'd still score at will.

ya idk about rivals anymore..lol..they also had burrell way ahead of jeff tegue..but this shows that mayb we cant keep getn on norm for gettin players we never herd of he just dosnt get the good ones we never herd of..lol

kob24

wow now rivals aint doing a good job. say what yall want but justin was busting ass in high school. he comes here and........... always been the type of player who needed that in ur face coach. he just responds better to them i guess.

pmg911

wow now rivals aint doing a good job. say what yall want but justin was busting ass in high school. he comes here and........... always been the type of player who needed that in ur face coach. he just responds better to them i guess.

How about a coach, period...!!

gonzalo

http://www.tiftongazette.com/sports/local_story_159221204.html?keyword=topstory

Former Tift standout Justin Brownlee signs with St. John’s

Staff reports

TIFTON — Former Tift County basketball standout Justin Brownlee signed a letter of intent to play with St. Johns University last month. Brownlee completed an outstanding season at Chipola Junior College (Fla.) in the 2008-2009 season.

Brownlee was named first-team All-Panhandle Conference and led Chipola to a third place finish in the National Junior College Athletic Association tournament. Brownlee averaged 10.1 points per game and 5.7 rebounds per game for Chipola.

In the third place game, Brownlee led Chipola (34-2) with 20 points in a 102-70 victory over Conners State (Okla.)

Out of high school, Brownlee attended City College of San Francisco, and averaged around 20 points per game to earn first-team, All-State honors.

As a member of the Blue Devils basketball team, Brownlee made first-team All-State and was named the Region 1-AAAAA and Tiftarea Player of the Year in 2006.

Brownlee scored a career high 42 points in a double-overtime loss against Lowndes that same season. He averaged 20.5 points per game as a senior.

Brownlee joined the Tift program under Johnny Spurlin during his junior season after academic problems kept him from playing as a sophomore and the first semester of his junior season.

He averaged 14.2 points per game for the Blue Devils, who made the Class AAAAA Elite Eight in 2005.

When asked about St. Johns, Brownlee said, “I’ve always wanted to play against the best and I feel like the Big East is the best conference in the country.”

Brownlee is the first Tift player to play in the Big East Conference.

Brownlee who is now 6-foot-7, 225 pounds, expects to be a perimeter player for St. Johns. Brownlee said his intentions are to work on outside shooting, defense and conditioning this summer, and hopes to arrive in New York in tip top shape in the fall.

St. John’s head coach, Norm Roberts said on the school’s official website,“Justin is an extremely versatile basketball player, who will be able to fill a number of roles on our team. He is a gifted athlete with an incredible ability to score and create.”

LJSA

Does Oz get in his face in practice? I've never been quite sure who's allowed to do what in the eyes of the NCAA, but I assume Oz is there and not in some office while the team practices.

And I can see why someone would rank Burrell over Blair. Looking at Blair now, you'd think he averaged 35 and 20 in high school as a senior, but that wasn't the case. His numbers were nice, but not ones that destroy Justin's.

JB had a good freshman year and was injured for most of his soph year.  I'm willing to wait and see how he does this coming season before i declare him a bust.  Give the kid a break.

LJSA

JB had a good freshman year and was injured for most of his soph year.  I'm willing to wait and see how he does this coming season before i declare him a bust.  Give the kid a break.

I agree. I was expecting 13 and 7 minimum from him this year, so I was disappointed. But I've decided to now look at it as Justin simply being one year behind my expectations. Hopefully the threat of having his minutes cut drastically because of our newfound depth is enough to keep the fire burning under his ass.

Re: Justin Brownlee - F - Chipola College - Tifton, GA -ST. JOHN'S (Signed LOI)
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2009, 02:12:28 PM »
I have class with Justin seems like a cool dude made him laugh a couple of times.But he is not 6-7 I am 6-3 so he is closer to 6-4 or 6-5 with kicks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2009, 02:13:07 PM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"