Monasch

• 14 replies
Monasch
« on: November 28, 2007, 10:20:06 PM »
Man, I wish I could watch these games.

Man, I wish I could listen to 'em on the radio.

This is bigtime bball??

I find it difficult to believe that every game can't be broadcast on both tv and radio.

Even if the school has to pay to get them on until we start winning enough... it's got to be done.

If our current ad can't do it get someone who can.

Re: Monasch
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 10:22:19 PM »
It's a vicious cycle.   Nobody comes to the games b/c there's no buzz.  There's no buzz b/c there's no big media outlet backing the team.  There's no big media outlet backing the team b/c nobody comes to the games at it is...and there's no buzz (and thus in theory, no money to be made).

You get the idea?  It must change....perhaps spending money is the right idea.  Sure, it's not "cost effective" at first, but in the end, the University profits.  At least in theory.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:22:51 PM by Alleyoops »

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 10:29:02 PM »
we needa get it on tv. i mean it's really pathetic.  YES got somethin about sports memorablila and yankeeographies on.  ik they woulda liked STJ.  even SNY (although 'hatten and fordham paid. they coulda paid YES instead).

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 10:35:12 PM »
yeah i was thinking the same thing about YES, they show weird movies nightly during the Yankees offseason. I'm sure they can fit our games into their schedule I'm sure it will be good for them. But i totally agree with you that we need to get our games on TV it's ridiculous.
We Not Me

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 10:52:35 PM »
i dont know if anyone caught any of the manhattan-fordham game but: production wise, it was the WORST telecast of any sporting event that i have ever seen. i work in sports television so this is one of my things but wow it was bad.  i understand that manhattan athletics is about as much of a mom & pop operation as you can get for a d1 program, but why even bother coughing up money if it was gonna look like that. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 10:59:47 PM »
I think we all know by this point that FR Harrington, for all the good things he's done since he's been here, does not really care about putting a high quality, division 1 team out there. He'll just be happy to field a scandal free team. Either that or he is so woefully behind the times in what it takes to make that leap, i.e. marketing, facilities, top tier coach, in short DOUGH, that he'll never get it. This is a proud basketball tradition we have here, and we're watching it disintegrate before our very eyes...

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 11:06:37 PM »
lol jc... may be right...except for the coach. We've got the right guy.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 11:13:29 PM »
Father Harrington has done wonders for the University.  He's done a piss poor job with the basketball team.  As an alum of both the business school and the law school, his work for the University is something I commend.  As a rabid basketball fan, he's done a horrible job.  I suppose when critiquing FH's performance, you must open your eyes and see more than the basketball court. 

I agree, however, that on this board, where basketball is THE focus, he ought to get ripped apart. 

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 11:15:59 PM »
we just have to remeber harrington isn't the GM of a bball team.  his main responsablity isn't to field a good basketball team. 

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2007, 11:17:06 PM »
we just have to remeber harrington isn't the GM of a bball team.  his main responsablity isn't to field a good basketball team. 

That's exactly my point.

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2007, 11:22:02 PM »
well then maybe we need to bring someone in whos responsibility is to field a good basketball team. FH needs to hand some of that responsibility to some one else and loosen the reins on him so we can be competitive.
We Not Me

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2007, 11:48:00 PM »
we've gone through the harrington thing before.  he doesn't give a damn and he's surrounded by people who quiver at his presence.  this won't change until he's gone.

as far as the quality of the manhattan/fordham tv feed...it's better than nothing.

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2007, 12:40:19 AM »
Don't misunderstand, i think Norm is a very good coach and a class act, but in the position we were in after the Jarvis debacle, I think the shot in the arm we needed was a HUGE coach coming in and grabbing big name recruits. If the university had laid out the cash, we would be talking NCAA's this year no doubt. What I do think however, is that Norm will eventually lead us there, but every year we don't make the NCAA"s we risk becoming more and more of an afterthought in div 1 ball.

redstorm32

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2007, 10:22:51 AM »
coach roberts will bring us to the dance next year

i have confidence in him he can get the job done

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2007, 07:52:06 PM »
yeah i was thinking the same thing about YES, they show weird movies nightly during the Yankees offseason. I'm sure they can fit our games into their schedule I'm sure it will be good for them. But i totally agree with you that we need to get our games on TV it's ridiculous.

When I worked for the professional soccer team here in NY, most of our games were on MSG. YES wanted to cover the few games that were not picked up by MSG, but we couldn't do to our deal with MSG. This might be in play here.