tomas

• 3 replies
tomas
« on: January 15, 2008, 06:28:03 PM »
i think its obvious to everyone that tomas would be better in a cheerleading outfit than in the basketball uniform, but i just cant bring myself to jeer him and get on him...he knows his potential, he cant just magically become any better than he is...you can NOT say that he doesnt give 110% every time hes on the court...the problem is, norm fails to realize his talent level is not very high yet still insists on giving him 25 minutes a game...tomas is not very good at all, but when norm puts him on the court, what can he do? all he can do is play to the best of his ability, which he does..the problem is his best ability is not good at all but norm fails to realize that and keeps playing him..if i had a scholarship and norm gave me 25 minutes a game i would give my all, but my team would obviously be at a disadvantage because im not very good, but again that just falls on the coach giving him the minutes...tomas is good for about 10-15 minutes a game..i dont mind him starting because he usually starts off well for the first couple minutes...but he cant keep getting the minutes in crunch time, and that falls on norm, not tomas...

Re: tomas
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 06:37:56 PM »
I still think Tomas is the lesser evil at the center position however I still think he should see no more than 12-16 min a game being on the court for no longer than 4 minutes at a time. Tomas' stats are so much better in his first 2-3 min of action than after that he loses focus, energy, and discipline.

The kid is playing to the best of his ability and for anyone to make fun of him isn't right at all. You can criticize yes but I get upset when people lash out during games at him. It isn't right.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2008, 06:40:10 PM »
playing 25 minutes he's got to get more then 2 rebounds. period.  he must rebound better

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 06:52:28 PM »
I still think Tomas is the lesser evil at the center position however I still think he should see no more than 12-16 min a game being on the court for no longer than 4 minutes at a time. Tomas' stats are so much better in his first 2-3 min of action than after that he loses focus, energy, and discipline.

The kid is playing to the best of his ability and for anyone to make fun of him isn't right at all. You can criticize yes but I get upset when people lash out during games at him. It isn't right.

i agree with you 100% and thats basically what i tried saying in my post...ofcourse we'd like to see him perform better, but hes playing to the best of his ability...its norm that decides to give him the minutes..what is he supposed to do? just play to the best of his ability which is what he does (even though its not very good)

he can be a very effective player like you said if hes playing a few minutes at a time...it just boggles my mind that a big east coach could be so clueless..i probably know basketball the least out of all 4 major sports, yet i feel like a basketball guru when i watch norm coach