*Fordham-Pregame* Calm Before the Storm: Keeping Things Local [Johnny Jungle]

• 12 replies
St. John’s and Fordham’s history dates back to 1841 when Fordham was known as St. John’s college. It wasn’t until 1907 that it was renamed to Fordham University. This will be the schools’ first meeting since 2002 when St. John’s beat Fordham at Madison Square Garden 81-58.

The Fordham Rams have had some headlines this season as their head coach Derreck Whittenburg was fired. Then interim replacement Jared Grasso was stuck trying to convince disgruntled point guard Jio Fontan to stay at the school. Fontan ultimately decided Fordham wasn’t the place for him and he was granted a conditional release.

Meanwhile in Queens, St. John’s has been on a roll grabbing some national attention playing back to back games on ESPN 2. However the injury bug keeps biting St. John’s with Anthony Mason Jr. still rocking the sweater vest on the sidelines and Justin Burrell who is out for at least another two weeks after spraining his ankle in the very first play against Duke.

Just as St. John’s fans were getting ready to chalk up number 8 in the win column, Fordham crushes Stony Brook by 16 points 93-77. So maybe just maybe Fordham can make a game of this. New coach, new attitude, new hope, and nothing to lose. Thats a dangerous combination for a “trap game” if I ever saw one.

Continue Reading
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 08:03:11 PM by Dave »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

St. John's by 18.

Nicely done!

I'm not so bad of a substitute I tried to find my inner Pico Dulce (that doesn't sound right I know you'll get a laugh from that)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

St JOhns 71 Fordham 57

STJ 74
Fordham 61
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

LJSA

86-60 St. John's. Brownlee leading scorer.

stj wins, 79-61. paris horne breakout game.

Poison

SJU 92. Fordham 58.

They may not be so different than we were when all we really had was Hill and Hamilton. Gaston and Butler, and that seems to be it.

We'll be their first test.

Coker with 8 blocks.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 12:11:56 PM by Poison »

SJU 86
FOR 64

Hardy has a huge game shooting....and DJ continues to be DJ!!  Also, Stith shows why he should be the starting PG!!

Marillac

St. John's by 18.

Damn, I've been good this year !

St JOhns 71 Fordham 57

Not too bad either

SJU 86
FOR 64

Hardy has a huge game shooting....and DJ continues to be DJ!!  Also, Stith shows why he should be the starting PG!!

boothe proved why he Is the starting pg