Boys and Girls HS

• 10 replies
Boys and Girls HS
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:53:30 PM »
Can someone tell me about their boys team this year?

My highschool CBA(NJ) was up by 1 with 17 seconds left and Boys and Girls came down to drain an NBA range 3 pointer to win by 2. So I'm curious if these guys are a power house in NY or not.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

Re: Boys and Girls HS
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 08:56:48 PM »
they are usually one of the top PSAL teams.  big rivalry with lincoln.  i know this year they have a few d1 players this year.  i saw them face holy cross this year.  i didn't think they were that good.

kob24

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »
they got pat jackson, brandon romain, david imes. and this big man whos about 6'8 -6'9 whos gotten much better.

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 05:19:55 PM »
they got pat jackson, brandon romain, david imes. and this big man whos about 6'8 -6'9 whos gotten much better.

All 3 started high school @ Xaverian...    Romain & Imes were both kicked out of Xaverian and Jackson transferred into B&G for his senior season...  Roman & Imes are highly overrated..  I think Jackson can be a good player but he will be in over his head in the Big East @ Rutgers...

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2008, 05:24:51 PM »
Well I don't think CBA has any D1 players on their team and might only have a senior or 2 on the roster. Looks like Geoff Billett is doing a good job in his first year of coaching the boys.

pmg911

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 05:33:40 PM »
Well I don't think CBA has any D1 players on their team and might only have a senior or 2 on the roster. Looks like Geoff Billett is doing a good job in his first year of coaching the boys.

Would love to know what CBA offered that guy to leave Rutgers. .  must have made him one sweet deal...

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 06:04:39 PM »
I know the teachers really get taken care of there compared to other private schools who's pay is usually lower than public schools in the area. Since 1947, our founding year, we've only had 3 different head coaches for basketball making Billet the 4th head coach.

Our alumni program is very strong as I go to at least one alumni event with my class every year in addition to usually attending open alumni events. Its almost like a large fraternity. 99% of my class went onto college there were only two kids that didn't 1 went to the Marines and the other the Navy. I couldn't rave enough about CBA and I was so fortunate to receive a full scholarship to attend there.

On a side note didn't Billet leave Seton Hall not Rutgers?

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »
I just watched the replay of this game on MSG and they won on a NBA 3pt range bank shot...I have no luck with any of my teams. Dolphins, Mavs, Mets, St. Johns...I think I should tell Steinbrenner to put me on the payroll and I'll move to Boston and root for the redsox

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 08:19:40 PM »

that kid is kyrie sutton. he sat out his soph season because he was academically ineligible and last season because he tore his acl.  he is a possible high major if he goes to juco
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 06:34:22 PM »

I think that kid Brian Nellar has a D1 scholly somewhere. Hes a junior right?

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 01:03:03 PM »

I think that kid Brian Nellar has a D1 scholly somewhere. Hes a junior right?

He'll play D1 somewhere but no where really good. He can shoot but I haven't seen him since last year so I'm not sure how much size he put on but he used to be really skinny. His older brother who was in my class year was really good but faded by senior year.