Omari and Out [JohnnyJungle.com]

• 81 replies
Re: Omari and Out [JohnnyJungle.com]
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
Omari defriended me on facebook :( ouch!
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2010, 04:22:15 PM »

Maybe you should "friend" the Wear boys

boo3

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2010, 04:45:34 PM »

Maybe you should "friend" the Wear boys

Lol!

boo3

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »
Any word on potential destinations for Lawrence?

my guess would be Arizona

Why?  He could get any run on a lousy St. john's team.  Unless Arizona is lousy  too.

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2010, 06:09:51 PM »
this sucks. omari was a st johns kid and knew how to play. i bet you he goes on to have a real good career
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2010, 06:51:58 PM »
That's really too bad.  Definitely was looking for big things from him.  There is no doubt in my mind he could compete for playing time on this team. 

Best of luck to Omari!  Or hopefully he changes his mind by Monday. :)
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2010, 07:53:11 PM »
This sucks

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2010, 08:56:35 PM »
I agree.. This does suck.  Kid was a freshman who got jerked around by Norm.  He would have been a nice player for us.  I know we are looking nationally now, but we need to keep some of of our own

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2010, 09:02:57 PM »
I agree.. This does suck.  Kid was a freshman who got jerked around by Norm.  He would have been a nice player for us.  I know we are looking nationally now, but we need to keep some of of our own

Please elaborate on how Omari was jerked around last season?

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2010, 09:09:36 PM »
Omari definitely should have gotten more time last year. He should have gotten most if not all of Stith's minutes. He also had a good stretch of games then was mysteriously benched for 3-4 straight games while we were losing. So in that aspect he was definitely jerked.

boo3

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2010, 09:11:26 PM »
 Is it safe to say that Omari won't be blogging on the Jungle anymore?

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2010, 09:13:37 PM »
Is it safe to say that Omari won't be blogging on the Jungle anymore?

Sadly no. I got to take Omari's picture off the Johnny Jungle facebook too. It was so badass too.

boo3

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2010, 09:17:52 PM »
 How do you guys get all this info off of guy's facebook?  I understand some of you are actually friends with some of these guys.  However, not all, i'm sure.  Do you guys just randomly try to "friend ' these players and hope that they accept you,  without knowing who you are?

I'm just curious. I use facebook. But if some random person i don't know tries to "friend " me, i decline.    What gives.

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2010, 09:23:04 PM »
How do you guys get all this info off of guy's facebook?  I understand some of you are actually friends with some of these guys.  However, not all, i'm sure.  Do you guys just randomly try to "friend ' these players and hope that they accept you,  without knowing who you are?

I'm just curious. I use facebook. But if some random person i don't know tries to "friend " me, i decline.    What gives.

Well this was off twitter but as for facebook I generally get these kids on the Johnny Jungle account not my own personal. However you know how many people request me on facebook that visit the site? A lot. I feel guilty declining so I accept everyone. So perhaps they feel the same way or maybe they get so many friend requests they just click accept for everyone. Almost like my friendship with John Calipari's daughter (the hot one).

Poison

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »
This was a kid who had options. When all of the princesses were leaving NY for Pittsburgh, Kentucky, Miami, Ohio and Conn, he stayed, and that should have been worth more.

boo3

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2010, 09:27:45 PM »
This was a kid who had options. When all of the princesses were leaving NY for Pittsburgh, Kentucky, Miami, Ohio and Conn, he stayed, and that should have been worth more.

This could be 100% Omari's decision, we don't know. 

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2010, 09:34:30 PM »
Omari chose St. John's.

Omari would have been a very good player for us.

Omari ultimately was in a bad situation for Omari. If he stays he gets limited playing time at best on this team next season. Then if Lavin recruits over him and plays "his" guys then he's screwed again. The time for him to leave was now and it makes sense.

I'm disappointed but I'm also sympathetic. I wish him the best success he can possibly have and I hope he finds the place he is looking for

Marillac

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2010, 09:42:37 PM »
Good luck to Omari.  I'm disappointed, but I trust Lavin.  If Omari transferred while Norm was here, I'd probably be ridiculously pissed. 

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2010, 09:45:58 PM »
Lavin really doesn't owe too much to anyone on the current roster. Think if Polee and Barry are Lavin's first two recruits and he gets a few more guards next year where would that have left Omari on the totem pole? Its not to say Omari isn't more or as talented as the players that are coming in but he isn't a Lavin recruit.

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2010, 09:51:08 PM »

Please elaborate on how Omari was jerked around last season?

Marco-  I guess the fact that a talented freshman sat the bench while a bunch of underperforming juniors struggled.  Would it have been unreasonable to think ol deserved an extended run to possibly spark the team?