Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

paultzman

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1380 on: August 14, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »
“@KarrSampson14: New highlights from my dude @TheCrusader22 http://t.co/fGAuPR4S
#nice!!!”

« Reply #1381 on: August 14, 2012, 01:00:57 PM »
his jumper doesn't look that great.  only seems make-able close to the basket. anything beyond the foul line looks like trouble.  but i do like his soft touch down low.  will be tough in the BE playing against bigger, stronger guy.

i'm still excited to seem him.  could be our most exciting player since Showtime Hill.

Moose

« Reply #1382 on: August 14, 2012, 01:42:56 PM »
his jumper doesn't look that great.  only seems make-able close to the basket. anything beyond the foul line looks like trouble.  but i do like his soft touch down low.  will be tough in the BE playing against bigger, stronger guy.

i'm still excited to seem him.  could be our most exciting player since Showtime Hill.

For someone who has seen him live multiple times, his jumper improved drastically from his sr year to prep year.  Not sure which highlights in there are which years.  He is more than capable of hitting the FT line extended Jumper which is all I ask for.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #1383 on: August 14, 2012, 01:51:08 PM »

For someone who has seen him live multiple times, his jumper improved drastically from his sr year to prep year.  Not sure which highlights in there are which years.  He is more than capable of hitting the FT line extended Jumper which is all I ask for.

Moose prevents mass panic again! Ha!

« Reply #1384 on: August 14, 2012, 01:56:54 PM »

that's awesome!  thanks for the update.

MCNPA

« Reply #1385 on: August 14, 2012, 04:02:17 PM »

He won't have trouble playing against bigger stronger guys.  D1 ball isn't made up of a bunch of Charles Oakleys.  Maurice Harkless at the same height had no trouble taking on bigger guys.  We're also a bit bigger overall this season than last season.  Jakarr is quicker and more athletic than most PF's.  Harkless did most of s damage down low and while he is certainly a better outside shooter than Jakarr, I can hardly see Jakarr's 3-pt shooting average be a heck of a lot worse.  Jakarr will work his stuff down low, mid range and open court.

crgreen

« Reply #1386 on: August 14, 2012, 05:28:40 PM »

He won't have trouble playing against bigger stronger guys.  D1 ball isn't made up of a bunch of Charles Oakleys.  Maurice Harkless at the same height had no trouble taking on bigger guys.  We're also a bit bigger overall this season than last season.  Jakarr is quicker and more athletic than most PF's.  Harkless did most of s damage down low and while he is certainly a better outside shooter than Jakarr, I can hardly see Jakarr's 3-pt shooting average be a heck of a lot worse.  Jakarr will work his stuff down low, mid range and open court.

Hasn't he been practicing against guys like Mitch McGary every day for like, two years now?

desco80

« Reply #1387 on: August 14, 2012, 06:16:47 PM »

Hasn't he been practicing against guys like Mitch McGary every day for like, two years now?

Good point.

MCNPA

« Reply #1388 on: August 14, 2012, 09:55:27 PM »

Good point.

And playing against guys like Nerlens Noel as well as a handful of the most talented big forwards in the country.

« Reply #1389 on: August 14, 2012, 11:49:01 PM »
He played in a great league but still has a ways to go. He'll be able to do some things and not be able to do others. It will be interesting to see if he's willing to play to his strengths or foolishly try to do more.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Chilleb

« Reply #1390 on: August 15, 2012, 01:35:15 AM »
Thebballdiary tweeted he dunked on Justin burrel last week and it was ugly..

« Reply #1391 on: August 15, 2012, 06:10:12 AM »
could be our most exciting player since Showtime Hill.

??? In what regard? Dwight Hardy was pretty damn exciting his senior year.

pmg911

« Reply #1392 on: August 15, 2012, 07:48:41 AM »
JaKarr is an athletic freak and will not have the massive weight on his shoulders that a player like Moe Harkless had last year. He is certainly not a one & done player but is one of the more athletic players the program has seen in a long time.

He is going to have some balance around him this year and hopefully he plays well.

Poison

« Reply #1393 on: August 15, 2012, 07:52:22 AM »

When was Showtime exciting? The show never started.

« Reply #1394 on: August 15, 2012, 07:57:55 AM »
I know we were'nt a good team but showtime did ave 20ppg, third in big east in scoring in 2004 if i remember correctly.

Moose

« Reply #1395 on: August 15, 2012, 08:37:37 AM »

You crack me up.  You really do.
Remember who broke the Slice news

derk

« Reply #1396 on: August 15, 2012, 09:08:59 AM »

When he broke the legs of that Providence kid. :)

paultzman

« Reply #1397 on: August 22, 2012, 06:19:37 PM »
Miles Simon worked with Hooper & Karr in Cali;

“@milessimon: Fun week of work with @maxthehooper and @KarrSampson14 u guys are the best!!! #confidenceisthekey”

Poison

« Reply #1398 on: August 22, 2012, 06:51:04 PM »

That was exciting, we cut their lead to 30.

derk

« Reply #1399 on: August 23, 2012, 03:08:52 PM »

That was exciting, we cut their lead to 30.

You crack me up too  :2funny:. Going to enjoy the season ?