Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

Poison

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1420 on: November 01, 2012, 11:57:18 AM »
Hopefully, LeBron didn't teach him how to behave like a 15 year old girl.

crgreen

« Reply #1421 on: November 01, 2012, 01:03:04 PM »
two years ago when jakar played with mo harkless at brewster jakar was first team in the league and maurice was 2nd team.  this year he was player of the year over mcgary and nerls nolan.  maybe one and done but enjoy the ride while he is at sju

Merlens Noel was player ofte year for his division.

From Noel's Official Bio at Kentucky:  " Averaged 12.6 points, 3.9 blocks and 7.2 rebounds per game as a senior for 25-5 Tilton School."    THAT was good enuf for Division POY?    You gotta be kidding me.

« Reply #1422 on: November 01, 2012, 01:07:22 PM »
I'm really curious how Noel will handle Alex Len and Shaq Cleare on Nov 9th.

Moose

« Reply #1423 on: November 01, 2012, 01:39:52 PM »
two years ago when jakar played with mo harkless at brewster jakar was first team in the league and maurice was 2nd team.  this year he was player of the year over mcgary and nerls nolan.  maybe one and done but enjoy the ride while he is at sju

From Noel's Official Bio at Kentucky:  " Averaged 12.6 points, 3.9 blocks and 7.2 rebounds per game as a senior for 25-5 Tilton School."    THAT was good enuf for Division POY?    You gotta be kidding me.

Weren't they in the lesser division.  Not the same as Brewster, SK, etc.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1424 on: November 01, 2012, 01:52:04 PM »

yes
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

crgreen

« Reply #1425 on: November 01, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »

yes

Noel averaged 12 pts 7 rebs and 4  blocks in the LESSER Division????   How in the world was this kid the #1 ranked recruit in the country - among both the junior AND (after he reclassified) Senior class?  I  understand "potential", but shouldn't you also have to, i don't know, PRODUCE at some point as well?  At Jordan Brands he got 4 pts, 5 rebs, 3 blocks.       

KY fans may be in for a shock.    A reminder of how Antony Davis came in ranked as the #1 prospect last year:  "Averaged 32 points, 22 rebounds, and seven blocked shots as a senior at Perspectives Charter High School in Chicago"  and at Jordan Brands it was 29 pts, 11 rebs, 4 blocks....

paultzman

« Reply #1426 on: November 04, 2012, 02:32:04 PM »
“@franfraschilla: Mo was more polished but Jakarr major league athlete with energy. RT @MikeDAngelo1977: who has more upside, mo harkless or Jakarr Sampson?”

Marillac

« Reply #1427 on: November 04, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »

yes

Noel averaged 12 pts 7 rebs and 4  blocks in the LESSER Division????   How in the world was this kid the #1 ranked recruit in the country - among both the junior AND (after he reclassified) Senior class?  I  understand "potential", but shouldn't you also have to, i don't know, PRODUCE at some point as well?  At Jordan Brands he got 4 pts, 5 rebs, 3 blocks.       

KY fans may be in for a shock.    A reminder of how Antony Davis came in ranked as the #1 prospect last year:  "Averaged 32 points, 22 rebounds, and seven blocked shots as a senior at Perspectives Charter High School in Chicago"  and at Jordan Brands it was 29 pts, 11 rebs, 4 blocks....

Noel isn.t 1/20th the player Davis was.

LJSA

« Reply #1428 on: November 04, 2012, 11:11:19 PM »
I'm really curious how Noel will handle Alex Len and Shaq Cleare on Nov 9th.

I think Cleare's butt weighs more than Noel's whole body.

paultzman

« Reply #1429 on: November 26, 2012, 02:17:09 PM »
“@STJ_Basketball: Congrats to @BigEastMBB Rookie of the Week, @KarrSampson14, and to D'Angelo Harrison, who made the Honor Roll two weeks in a row. #stjbb”

Poison

« Reply #1430 on: November 26, 2012, 02:24:41 PM »
“@STJ_Basketball: Congrats to @BigEastMBB Rookie of the Week, @KarrSampson14, and to D'Angelo Harrison, who made the Honor Roll two weeks in a row. #stjbb”

Sampson had a fine week, but jeez, we played Holy Cross and FGC.

« Reply #1431 on: November 26, 2012, 03:07:12 PM »

Why arent they counting his 18 point performance against Baylor on Sunday.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1432 on: November 26, 2012, 03:23:25 PM »

He's more than deserving. FGCU isn't that bad, and most other BE teams are playing the cupcake part of their schedule as well. Congrats Jakarr.

« Reply #1433 on: November 26, 2012, 03:26:58 PM »

so you'd prefer for another player from another school to have won this?!

be happy for our guy.  this is great pub for us. and besides, the more ROTW he gets the higher the chance he wins ROY.

paultzman

« Reply #1434 on: November 26, 2012, 05:34:21 PM »
Boy Kilpatrick is quite a player!

“@BigEastMBB: Want to know why Sean Kilpatrick and JaKarr Sampson were this week's BIG EAST award winners? Check out their highlights http://t.co/wCy4ChlQ

crgreen

« Reply #1435 on: November 26, 2012, 05:47:36 PM »

“@BigEastMBB: Want to know why Sean Kilpatrick and JaKarr Sampson were this week's BIG EAST award winners? Check out their highlights http://t.co/wCy4ChlQ

No offense, but would anyone get anything remotely resembling an accurate take on Jakarr's game from THOSE clips.   "Gee, he looks like a nice passive mid-range shooter..."

paultzman

« Reply #1436 on: November 26, 2012, 05:50:53 PM »

No offense, but would anyone get anything remotely resembling an accurate take on Jakarr's game from THOSE clips.   "Gee, he looks like a nice passive mid-range shooter..."

It is just another positive piece of PR. Did you expect a twenty minute show stopper? Enjoy the honor and pub!

Moose

« Reply #1437 on: November 26, 2012, 05:56:27 PM »

It is just another positive piece of PR. Did you expect a twenty minute show stopper? Enjoy the honor and pub!

I wonder if nitpick.com URL is available
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #1438 on: November 26, 2012, 05:58:08 PM »

I wonder if nitpick.com URL is available

I can think of some investors. Funny line Moose!

Poison

« Reply #1439 on: November 26, 2012, 06:18:28 PM »

He's more than deserving. FGCU isn't that bad, and most other BE teams are playing the cupcake part of their schedule as well. Congrats Jakarr.

I didn't say he wasn't deserving, but come on, FGC is a joke if there ever was one.