Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies
Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #680 on: February 09, 2012, 07:04:35 PM »
Sometimes Jon's sources are as bad as his comparisons. He hustles and is out there but I wouldn't live and breathe on his recruiting juice. PC is trying to develop some buzz through the media which is smart but don't buy into it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #681 on: February 09, 2012, 07:08:03 PM »
To be fair, Providence has a super class coming in with Ledo and Dunn and some promising young players. Council is also no one to sneeze at. Jakaar would also get PT and I believe he likes Cooley. Thus, there are some factors in Prvidence's favor. We have the garden, exposure and a good staff, but Providence would not be an outlandish choice. Let's hope we prevail.

« Reply #682 on: February 09, 2012, 07:11:17 PM »
I've gotten that vibe that PC is in really good shape with him but I still dont understand why in the world he would chose them over us

No coach.

« Reply #683 on: February 09, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
I've gotten that vibe that PC is in really good shape with him but I still dont understand why in the world he would chose them over us

No coach.

Lav will be back, if he is following you around for the second time around it should give you a good indication he's in it for the long haul

« Reply #684 on: February 09, 2012, 07:34:34 PM »
So much TOOL in Jon Rothstein...

fantastic!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #685 on: February 09, 2012, 07:43:22 PM »
We lose sampson to Providence, wow

« Reply #686 on: February 09, 2012, 10:14:19 PM »
We lose sampson to Providence, wow

have we lost him yet?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #687 on: February 09, 2012, 10:22:33 PM »
I hope this talk about Sampson to Providence is premature.  I've heard the hype.  I know Providence players have been attending his games.  Cooley going after him hard.  But I just can't believe he'd end up playing in our conference for another team after being tight with Harkless, Harrison, etc.  Still can't get that photo with him in SJU gear out of my mind.

« Reply #688 on: February 09, 2012, 11:05:56 PM »
Et Tu ? Jakaar? >:(

LJSA

« Reply #689 on: February 09, 2012, 11:40:40 PM »
PC is trying to develop some buzz through the media which is smart but don't buy into it.

Exactly. Plus I think it goes even deeper than that. Psychological games whereby if they repeat the same stuff over and over again Sampson himself will consider them more than he ordinarily would have.

We should start flooding every fan site and sports blog we see saying that Shabazz will be coming here.

« Reply #690 on: February 09, 2012, 11:59:29 PM »
That last interview he had on TV he sounded pretty excited talking about Providence. That being said I can't really understand why anyone would get excited about playing at providence

sju89tr

« Reply #691 on: February 10, 2012, 09:20:41 AM »
If we lose Karr to Providence, I will slit my wrists. Honestly though if he doesn't come our way, I doubt he goes to another Big East school. 

« Reply #692 on: February 10, 2012, 10:24:37 AM »
lavin and our program is a mess

mkras99

« Reply #693 on: February 10, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »
This guy is more annoying than illwill. At least illwill posted his crap all the time. Those cheese guy only comes around after something bad happens.

« Reply #694 on: February 10, 2012, 11:40:14 AM »
I like the post suggesting that we start associating Shabazz with SJU (quoted below, I think, but I am not sure if I am doing this correctly).  Maybe we should start a thread on Shabazz talking about why it is important for a potential 1-and-done to showcase his skills in the world's most famous arena and basketball's national stage.

We should start flooding every fan site and sports blog we see saying that Shabazz will be coming here.
[/quote]

« Reply #695 on: February 10, 2012, 01:14:42 PM »
I like the post suggesting that we start associating Shabazz with SJU (quoted below, I think, but I am not sure if I am doing this correctly).  Maybe we should start a thread on Shabazz talking about why it is important for a potential 1-and-done to showcase his skills in the world's most famous arena and basketball's national stage.

[/quote]
its pretty obvious hes not considering us if we do that thats pretty desperate looking

boo3

« Reply #696 on: February 10, 2012, 01:32:22 PM »
This guy is more annoying than illwill. At least illwill posted his crap all the time. Those cheese guy only comes around after something bad happens.

agreed.  this guy is the definition of that word that dave doesn't want us to say around here.  You know, little ugly dude that hangs out under bridges and stuff.

Happy

« Reply #697 on: February 10, 2012, 05:51:24 PM »
Cooley is watching Jakarr again today.  I know Brewster is close .. but this Providence thing just might have legs.

« Reply #698 on: February 10, 2012, 05:59:14 PM »
Cooley is watching Jakarr again today.  I know Brewster is close .. but this Providence thing just might have legs.

Coach Lav back out west again. Maybe giving up on Jakarr and shifting his focus to Sheppard?

desco80

« Reply #699 on: February 10, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
No one player will make or break this program, and I still have faith in Lavin.

But I REALLY want(ed) Sampson.   Like others have said I think he's the perfect compliment to Lavin's system, and was made to play along side Moe.
Hope this takes a turn in our favor.