Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

paultzman

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #700 on: February 10, 2012, 06:20:10 PM »
Not giving up, but smartly protecting his flank. Probably seeing Pangas as well.

« Reply #701 on: February 10, 2012, 07:25:12 PM »
Not giving up, but smartly protecting his flank. Probably seeing Pangas as well.

If Parga is as good as Pangos sign him up right away!!! ; )

« Reply #702 on: February 10, 2012, 08:42:55 PM »
We're not RE-signing Sampson again.  You can forget about it, and watch how right I'm going to be and the same goes for Pelle.

This St. John's BB-program is in big trouble right now.  We've been losing two players a month for the past 4 months either to transfer or academic non-qualifiers.  WHAT A MESS!  I have never seen anything quite this drastic in regard to losing players in such a short period time EVER by any school.

Plus Harkless could enter the NBA draft.  Lavin is in trouble right now and this basketball program is floundering.  Lavin needs to re-establish himself get himself back to where he's visible again otherwise he's not going to be long for this job either.

Right now I don't see a winning season at St. John's in basketball for at LEAST two more years.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:15:35 PM by Lapchick1 »

boo3

« Reply #703 on: February 10, 2012, 08:50:38 PM »
We're not RE-signing Sampson again.  You can forget about it, and watch how right I'm going to be and the same goes for Pelle.

This St. John's BB-program is in big trouble right now.  We've been losing two players a month for the past 4 months either to transfer or academic non-qualifiers.  WHAT A MESS!  I have never seen anything quite this drastic in regard to losing players in such a short period time EVER by any school.

Plus Harkless could enter the NFL draft.  Lavin is in trouble right now and this basketball program is floundering.  Lavin needs to re-establish himself get himself back to where he's visible again otherwise he's not going to be long for this job either.

Right now I don't see a winning season at St. John's in basketball for at two more years.

Harkless would make a mean wideout at the next level.  How are his hands?  Is he willing to go over the middle?  Big question marks as he enters the combine next month.

boo3

« Reply #704 on: February 10, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
 Pelle's not coming?  Your kidding.  I thought for sure he would change his mind.   ::)

What would we do without your prognostications, Lapchick?

No winning seasons for 2 years.  Wanna bet?  Lavin not long for this job?  If you are implying he gets fired for performance, you are out of your mind. 

Seriously man, up the dosage...maybe triple it. 

Wow...just wow
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:54:12 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #705 on: February 10, 2012, 09:22:03 PM »

Plus Harkless could enter the NFL draft.  Lavin is in trouble right now and this basketball program is floundering.  Lavin needs to re-establish himself get himself back to where he's visible again otherwise he's not going to be long for this job either.

Right now I don't see a winning season at St. John's in basketball for at two more years.

A couple things here....

1) No one is talking about Pelle coming back

2) Harkless dont play football

3) Lavin & this program aint floundering

4) Lavin comes back when he is ready & hopefully that is soon. Either way he is fine and will get the job done and will be here on his terms for a while

5) You cant predict the future when we have 7 spots to fill & to think we wont have a winning season in the near future is absurd

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 09:23:47 PM by Redstormy80 »

« Reply #706 on: February 10, 2012, 09:46:15 PM »

LOL

MCNPA

« Reply #707 on: February 10, 2012, 09:49:16 PM »
No one player will make or break this program, and I still have faith in Lavin.

But I REALLY want(ed) Sampson.   Like others have said I think he's the perfect compliment to Lavin's system, and was made to play along side Moe.
Hope this takes a turn in our favor.

Well said... No one player will make or break this program.  That's the way it will always be. 

« Reply #708 on: February 10, 2012, 09:50:27 PM »

LOL

I was thinking my Cowboys might draft him.  Half the guys on their roster aren't football players.   :'(

Marillac

« Reply #709 on: February 11, 2012, 03:16:33 AM »
Cooley is watching Jakarr again today.  I know Brewster is close .. but this Providence thing just might have legs.

Coach Lav back out west again. Maybe giving up on Jakarr and shifting his focus to Sheppard?
No.  The only way Sampson doesn't end up here is if our fanbase continues to be disgraceful.  If I'm a recruit all of these posts would scare me.  I ask the mods on both boards to be extra strict the next few weeks.  I'm convinced the barrage of insanely neagative postings are the work of fans from different programs.

« Reply #710 on: February 11, 2012, 06:48:17 AM »
Marillac has pointed out what I've suspected for some time, that fans of other teams sneak in and drop negative stuff to make our fan base look bad.  Disgraceful.

« Reply #711 on: February 11, 2012, 07:44:44 AM »
Cooley is watching Jakarr again today.  I know Brewster is close .. but this Providence thing just might have legs.

Coach Lav back out west again. Maybe giving up on Jakarr and shifting his focus to Sheppard?
No.  The only way Sampson doesn't end up here is if our fanbase continues to be disgraceful.  If I'm a recruit all of these posts would scare me.  I ask the mods on both boards to be extra strict the next few weeks.  I'm convinced the barrage of insanely neagative postings are the work of fans from different programs.

Could not agree more.

« Reply #712 on: February 11, 2012, 08:12:26 AM »
U-C-L-A!!!

crgreen

« Reply #713 on: February 11, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »

Don't be so sure.   These are exactly the same kind of whackjobs who inhabited Bruin boards during Coach Lavins years there.    You know the ones where getting the #1, #2 and #4 recruing classes in 6 years somehow meant a lazy, poor recruiting, uninformed coach.  Where winning 22 games a season for 6 straight years = a loser bench coach.   Where being one of only 2 coaches in D-1 during a 6 year span to reache the sweet 16 or better = pure luck, a monkey could do it - and the only other monkey was Krzyzewski.   Where being voted to the AP or UPI top 25 for six straight years (during that period only done by K at Duke and Keady at Purdue), was a sign that he was destroying the program.   Where leaving his successor a squad with 4 future NBA players, and two more 15+pt NBDL players - 2 of those six being 7 foot centers, with 2 of the 6 as starters in the NCAA Title game 3 years later...all translated to a program completely destroyed, and a cupboard left completely bare.

How insane can it get?  The mods of the Scout Bruin board actually posted that his greatest sin was than he didn't have the team in a position to challenge for a National Title.   When I tried to point out that thing about K and Lav being the only 2 to the S16 or better 5 times in 6 years, and that meant he was one of the top 2 coaches whose teams DID challege for a title, I was nearly run off the boards - Sweet 16s have nothing to do with winning a title.    But I never could get an answer as to how you get to a National Title WITHOUT getting to the Sweet 16. 

Yes, I'm paranoid on the subject, but being paranoid doesn't mean they AREN'T out to get you.

This is all very "deja vu"....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:01:44 AM by crgreen »

« Reply #714 on: February 11, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »

I've been thinking that for a few weeks also.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say right now I think Marco Baldi is an Iona fan. LOL

« Reply #715 on: February 11, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »

I'm one of the more positive posters here, but I agree with your last statement

« Reply #716 on: February 11, 2012, 10:44:29 AM »
I propose a Salem like witch hunt and seek these posters out and burn them at the stake up in Providence

Moose

« Reply #717 on: February 11, 2012, 10:52:33 AM »

But weren't most of these 'fans' around for the previous regime(s)
Remember who broke the Slice news

jayro

« Reply #718 on: February 11, 2012, 10:59:20 AM »
Most of the posters surely are SJU fans, but it seems obvious that there are a few anti-SJU posters posing as big time SJU fans- who not only bring up negative viewpoints but harp on them constantly.
There are half thimble full fans that are in fact SJU fans but their lot in life is to look on the pessimistic side of things, not just SJU  things. 
Then there are the low-lifes who relish in posting negatively about programs they hope will collapse and they will do their part in trying to bring it about-all the while protesting that they are the true SJU fans and have every right to bash the players, staff and whatever else they can about SJU.  I try not to respond to those I deem to fit in the later category-reaction to their posts fuels them like a narcotic and keeps the negative posts alive longer.
JMHO
To all the true SJU fans-(Marco I believe you to be a true SJU fan even though you have a "slight" IONA lean :)have a great day!

Tiznow

« Reply #719 on: February 11, 2012, 11:13:33 AM »
Most of the posters surely are SJU fans, but it seems obvious that there are a few anti-SJU posters posing as big time SJU fans- who not only bring up negative viewpoints but harp on them constantly.
There are half thimble full fans that are in fact SJU fans but their lot in life is to look on the pessimistic side of things, not just SJU  things. 
Then there are the low-lifes who relish in posting negatively about programs they hope will collapse and they will do their part in trying to bring it about-all the while protesting that they are the true SJU fans and have every right to bash the players, staff and whatever else they can about SJU.  I try not to respond to those I deem to fit in the later category-reaction to their posts fuels them like a narcotic and keeps the negative posts alive longer.
JMHO
To all the true SJU fans-(Marco I believe you to be a true SJU fan even though you have a "slight" IONA lean :)have a great day!

Jayro, glad you posted this.  It would be interesting to get everyone in a room and have at it. 

Sounds like a job for Mike M.