Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

ras

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #720 on: February 11, 2012, 11:19:21 AM »
Overall. we have shown Sampson a lot of love. Our fan base is in a bit ot a rut right now. A couple of wins and commits and these threads will have a different tone.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:28:52 AM by ras »

jayro

« Reply #721 on: February 11, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »
Thank you Tiznow-I did err in saying half thimble full as I should have said thimble half empty.

MCNPA

« Reply #722 on: February 11, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »
Overall. we have shown Sampson a lot of love. Our fan base is in a bit ot a rut right now. A couple of wins and commits and these threads will have a different tone.

To spin it a different way, it could be said that Sampson and Gathers failure to commit is a bit of the cause of our fan base rut to begin with... Had we landed one or both by now, this place wild be rosy.  So Jakarr, just commit already so our overy pessimistic fan base of late can recuperate...

boo3

« Reply #723 on: February 11, 2012, 01:07:50 PM »
 Jakarr has got plenty of love from this staff and fanbase.  Ball is in his court.  If he goes elsewhere its nobody's fault.  Its just a decision. I don't want to hear how Lavin and Co. blew this one.  They absolutely did not. 

« Reply #724 on: February 11, 2012, 04:29:58 PM »
Jakarr has got plenty of love from this staff and fanbase.  Ball is in his court.  If he goes elsewhere its nobody's fault.  Its just a decision. I don't want to hear how Lavin and Co. blew this one.  They absolutely did not.

Maybe if it wasn't for the rise fiasco jakar would be here.  But that's clearly not on our infallible coach

« Reply #725 on: February 11, 2012, 04:32:06 PM »
Do you guys think Lavin is blowing smoke when he talks about bringing in a top 10 class?

« Reply #726 on: February 11, 2012, 04:47:15 PM »
Do you guys think Lavin is blowing smoke when he talks about bringing in a top 10 class?

I think lavin probably believed it when he said it.  Wasn't one of norm's classes ranked high in one publication.  Unfortunately volume sometimes skews the rankings

« Reply #727 on: February 11, 2012, 04:49:05 PM »

I think lavin probably believed it when he said it.  Wasn't one of norm's classes ranked high in one publication.  Unfortunately volume sometimes skews the rankings

Didn't he say it this week on a radio interview?

boo3

« Reply #728 on: February 11, 2012, 04:59:08 PM »

Maybe if it wasn't for the rise fiasco jakar would be here.  But that's clearly not on our infallible coach

He could of buckled down and been here for second semester like Amir if he really wanted to. 

Marillac

« Reply #729 on: February 11, 2012, 05:13:03 PM »

He said it a few days ago.  Lavin is going after guys he feels he can land...guys that both he and Dunlap fit into the blueprint of a long, athletic, defensive-minded and versatile roster.  Whether or not that blue print works will be determined over the next three or four years.  Lavin told us he was going to deliver a top ten class last year and he signed the #3 class overall.  This year he says he will deliver a top five or top ten class.  Why doubt him? 

« Reply #730 on: February 11, 2012, 05:24:55 PM »
Most of the posters surely are SJU fans, but it seems obvious that there are a few anti-SJU posters posing as big time SJU fans- who not only bring up negative viewpoints but harp on them constantly.
There are half thimble full fans that are in fact SJU fans but their lot in life is to look on the pessimistic side of things, not just SJU  things. 
Then there are the low-lifes who relish in posting negatively about programs they hope will collapse and they will do their part in trying to bring it about-all the while protesting that they are the true SJU fans and have every right to bash the players, staff and whatever else they can about SJU.  I try not to respond to those I deem to fit in the later category-reaction to their posts fuels them like a narcotic and keeps the negative posts alive longer.
JMHO
To all the true SJU fans-(Marco I believe you to be a true SJU fan even though you have a "slight" IONA lean :)have a great day!

Put the St. John's Kool-Aid down jayro.  It's dreamers like you on this board (AND THERE ARE TONS OF THEM/you dominate the board) that breed/mirror a losing environment here at St. John's, and you inadvertently become much more of a barrier to future success than offering constructive criticisim designed to help the situation.  Everything is always "fine with your club, and don't worry about anything", but meanwhile the RESULTS/FACTS/SEASON RECORD support my opinion over & over again 9 times out of every 10 years.  "Don't worry about this, and don't worry about that" and meanwhile we're losing this guy and that guy and this guy on & on & on...and losing more games than we're ever winning (last season excluded).    It's time to wake up and start taking a long hard look at the facts and stop slurping your Kool-Aid.  EX:  Remember, they didn't like what Jesus was saying either so they nailed him to a cross.  God forbid some of you ever recognized where some St. John's fans like myself are coming from.  We might actually start consistently winning, God forbid.

With fans like you jayro we don't need enemies.  Your a consistent positive happy dreamer that defends below mediocrity/losing, BUT AT LEAST YOUR POSITIVE RIGHT.  Yeah, positive about a false sense of reality.  I can be positive too when the situation TRULY calls for being that way, but does this situation or does the past 10 years TRULY call for being that way?  (Of course it doesn't and all you have to do is look at the facts/the results to know that I'm right (unfortunately), that's if your honest enough with yourselves to do that).  This board isn't ready for someone like me.  I'm too brutally honest and most of you can't deal with that so I'll be eventually shown the door for being 100% SPOT-ON RIGHT.  "Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy".

So lets continue going forward as one big positive happy losing family kidding ourselves.  God forbid we ever STARTED discussing the facts or the unwanted results though and what is potentially needed to start helping the situation.  "Help?  We don't need help, we're just fine..." (lol)

The first thing a person has to do in order to start helping better themselves is to be able to recognize that a problem exists in the first place.  Are we doing that on this board?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 05:44:10 PM by Lapchick1 »

boo3

« Reply #731 on: February 11, 2012, 05:55:02 PM »
 Did you just compare yourself to Jesus?

Now I've seen it all.

Lapchick1-  Don't you think we should wait until the spring signing period is over before we go crazy about our potential team for next year?   This year has been a disappointment off the court, no doubt.   Question for you-  What were your on the court expectation for this season that has you so angry and upset. Did you think we would win twenty? 

ras

« Reply #732 on: February 11, 2012, 05:57:29 PM »
No body is saying we dont have problems. If more players transfer and Lavin cant recruit good players ,we are going to be in deep sh.t.  If this great core stays and Lavin recruits 2 quality bigs and a shooter, the future will look very bright. I think the latter is going to happen.

Moose

« Reply #733 on: February 11, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »
Rojo = Jesus
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #734 on: February 11, 2012, 06:02:15 PM »
Rojo = Jesus

RedJesus  =  the devil  ?

Kidding aside-  that previous post by Rojo might make a top 5 all time head shaking moment for me reading these STJ boards.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 06:03:35 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #735 on: February 11, 2012, 07:15:29 PM »
Brewster is playing ST.Johns Northwestern Military Academy @ Rhode island college right now on Cox Cable
Sorry no links

« Reply #736 on: February 11, 2012, 07:26:19 PM »
Brewster is playing ST.Johns Northwestern Military Academy @ Rhode island college right now on Cox Cable
Sorry no links

Game was played last week Jakarr had a big game

Marillac

« Reply #737 on: February 11, 2012, 07:32:12 PM »
Most of the posters surely are SJU fans, but it seems obvious that there are a few anti-SJU posters posing as big time SJU fans- who not only bring up negative viewpoints but harp on them constantly.
There are half thimble full fans that are in fact SJU fans but their lot in life is to look on the pessimistic side of things, not just SJU  things. 
Then there are the low-lifes who relish in posting negatively about programs they hope will collapse and they will do their part in trying to bring it about-all the while protesting that they are the true SJU fans and have every right to bash the players, staff and whatever else they can about SJU.  I try not to respond to those I deem to fit in the later category-reaction to their posts fuels them like a narcotic and keeps the negative posts alive longer.
JMHO
To all the true SJU fans-(Marco I believe you to be a true SJU fan even though you have a "slight" IONA lean :)have a great day!

This board isn't ready for someone like me.

Finally, we agree on one thing.  Dave, ban this fool or at least suspend him until signing day. 

lihoop

« Reply #738 on: February 11, 2012, 10:24:41 PM »
sorry if I sound naive, but when does the spring signing period begin?

lihoop

« Reply #739 on: February 11, 2012, 10:48:17 PM »
spring signing period begins April 11th thru May 16th for this year per http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/nli/nli