Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

LJSA

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #740 on: February 12, 2012, 12:57:09 AM »
Lapchick1 is seriously like a WWF character. When he used to post as Buki on redmen.com, he'd start a bunch of positive, pro-St. John's threads that no one EVER responded to. So then he turned into rojo, a heel poster, to get attention, and everyone is giving it to him.

MCNPA

« Reply #741 on: February 12, 2012, 05:49:00 AM »
Lapchick1 is seriously like a WWF character. When he used to post as Buki on redmen.com, he'd start a bunch of positive, pro-St. John's threads that no one EVER responded to. So then he turned into rojo, a heel poster, to get attention, and everyone is giving it to him.

How do these clowns find their way back to these boards all the time and all at once?  Really wish they'd pick another team and clog up their message boards with this stuff. 

Marillac

« Reply #742 on: February 12, 2012, 09:40:37 AM »

LOL this is hysterical.

« Reply #743 on: February 12, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »
Cooley is watching Jakarr again today.  I know Brewster is close .. but this Providence thing just might have legs.

Coach Lav back out west again. Maybe giving up on Jakarr and shifting his focus to Sheppard?
No.  The only way Sampson doesn't end up here is if our fanbase continues to be disgraceful.  If I'm a recruit all of these posts would scare me.  I ask the mods on both boards to be extra strict the next few weeks.  I'm convinced the barrage of insanely neagative postings are the work of fans from different programs.

You sound like bashar asad. 

Marillac

« Reply #744 on: February 12, 2012, 03:47:52 PM »
Cooley is watching Jakarr again today.  I know Brewster is close .. but this Providence thing just might have legs.

Coach Lav back out west again. Maybe giving up on Jakarr and shifting his focus to Sheppard?
No.  The only way Sampson doesn't end up here is if our fanbase continues to be disgraceful.  If I'm a recruit all of these posts would scare me.  I ask the mods on both boards to be extra strict the next few weeks.  I'm convinced the barrage of insanely neagative postings are the work of fans from different programs.

You sound like bashar asad. 

And you sound like a negative Scotch. 

pmg911

« Reply #745 on: February 13, 2012, 03:46:27 PM »
And you sound like a negative Scotch. 

Does anyone know what happened to him, he vanished like a fart in the wind.

jr49

« Reply #746 on: February 13, 2012, 05:43:52 PM »
The next post on this thread should be if Sampson is coming or not. Every time I see a new post I click thinking this is it, and then it's like what is this stuff about.

ras

« Reply #747 on: February 13, 2012, 06:18:16 PM »
The next post on this thread should be if Sampson is coming or not. Every time I see a new post I click thinking this is it, and then it's like what is this stuff about.
+1

« Reply #748 on: February 13, 2012, 08:15:15 PM »
+1
+2

« Reply #749 on: February 13, 2012, 08:46:52 PM »
+1

+3 -- Following this post, any poster who posts here should be banned or such post should be deleted immediately.  How am I doing Marillac?

« Reply #750 on: February 14, 2012, 09:11:17 PM »
+1

+3 -- Following this post, any poster who posts here should be banned or such post should be deleted immediately.  How am I doing Marillac?
Agreed!
btw Sampson to take an offiicial with Shabazz to Kansas per ZAGS!
 :tickedoff:

« Reply #751 on: February 14, 2012, 09:27:14 PM »
I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a really hard time seeing Sampson sign with SJU.  To echo some posters, it's very hard to lock them back up once they've decommitted.

I don't think he leaves the KU campus without signing a LOI.

Moose

« Reply #752 on: February 14, 2012, 09:33:15 PM »
I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a really hard time seeing Sampson sign with SJU.  To echo some posters, it's very hard to lock them back up once they've decommitted.

Are you aware of how many 3 and 4's Kansas has.  PLUS hes visiting with another in Shabazz.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #753 on: February 14, 2012, 10:34:41 PM »

Are you aware of how many 3 and 4's Kansas has.  PLUS hes visiting with another in Shabazz.

Do you feel good about our chances with Sampson?  Doesn't make sense it would take this long if he wanted to be here.  I don't follow it like you and others do though, I may be missing something..

Moose

« Reply #754 on: February 14, 2012, 10:40:31 PM »

Do you feel good about our chances with Sampson?  Doesn't make sense it would take this long if he wanted to be here.  I don't follow it like you and others do though, I may be missing something..

All I've heard is were in very good shape with him.

« Reply #755 on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
I get the feeling Kansas as well. Bill self is one guy that really develops big men. Look at Thomas and that white kid this year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #756 on: February 14, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »

We all thought we were in good shape with Gathers too

Moose

« Reply #757 on: February 14, 2012, 10:58:47 PM »

We all thought we were in good shape with Gathers too

We were.
Things happen.
These are 18 yr old kids with ppl pulling them in different directions, many times the wrong people.
Everyone needs to learn not to get too high or too low when it comes to recruiting.  We had a couple of kids decommitt for a number of reasons.  Fast forward a few years and some of the kids we will never hear from.

« Reply #758 on: February 14, 2012, 11:08:34 PM »
Agree.  Fans in general are so inpatient.  I know Lavin being out concerns people, but you have to take the guy at his word, particularly when coupled with what everyone knows is an illness with side effects that, um, makes it obvious as to why he isn't on the court.  Let's not jump shit already and go nuts over a bad season.  Look no further than my NY Giants, who have a coach that would have been fired 100000 times over by NY fans, and a QB who sooo many fans doubted, both of whom are immortal now and will go down in NY history.

We had our most success in a decade last year on the court (and a surprise to boot), followed by an excellent recruiting class.  Yes, we lost a few of those guys, and it has dramatically changed this season, along with our head coach being out.  But plenty of programs would LOVE to have the five freshman we have right now.  When in the past 10 years did we ever bring in recruits like Mo or D-Lo (plus Amir and Dom).  The answer is that we didn't.

Stay the course and support the guys we have.  I, for one, think the future is bright, and will continue to believe that until Lavin says he is not coming back.

Marillac

« Reply #759 on: February 15, 2012, 03:43:25 AM »

Sampson is ours.  The only school I fear is Florida which is more of a last minute wild card than anything.  KU is a free trip to see his boy Naadir.  I also heard he's going to Louisville.