Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

Poison

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #760 on: February 15, 2012, 09:36:08 AM »
I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a really hard time seeing Sampson sign with SJU.  To echo some posters, it's very hard to lock them back up once they've decommitted.

I don't think he leaves the KU campus without signing a LOI.

Sampson is ours.  The only school I fear is Florida which is more of a last minute wild card than anything.  KU is a free trip to see his boy Naadir.  I also heard he's going to Louisville. 

Florida should scare us. Have you seen their cheerleaders?

« Reply #761 on: February 16, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
I really hope I'm wrong, but I have a really hard time seeing Sampson sign with SJU.  To echo some posters, it's very hard to lock them back up once they've decommitted.

Sampson is ours.  The only school I fear is Florida which is more of a last minute wild card than anything.  KU is a free trip to see his boy Naadir.  I also heard he's going to Louisville.
First you say Sampson is ours and then you say you fear Florida. What's to fear if as you say he is ours? I don't understand your logic-please clarify. ???

Marillac

« Reply #762 on: February 16, 2012, 05:35:15 PM »

First you say Sampson is ours and then you say you fear Florida. What's to fear if as you say he is ours? I don't understand your logic-please clarify. ???

I don't make the choices for these kids.  I heard some very, very good stuff about him...but like we have some sort of black cloud around us...a ticket scandal comes up, Malik Stith leaves the team, and our fanbase posts like we are going the the MAAC next year.  If I'm a teenage recruit, I would be scared.  Also, Florida always scares me because the girls are so hot and a kid thinking with the wrong part of his body could be swayed.  And of course while all of this is happening to us, Billy Donovan shows up at Sampson's game and recruits the kid personally.

It's like hearing that a girl will say yes to you if you ask her to the prom in high school and right after you ask her and before she finishes the reply she already took a breath to let out,  Brad Pitt swoops in and asks her. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:16:46 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #763 on: February 16, 2012, 07:13:10 PM »

I don't make the choices for these kids.  I heard some very, very good stuff about him...but like we have some sort of black cloud around us...a ticket scandal comes up, Malik Stith leaves the team, and our fanbase posts like we are going the the MAAC next year.  If I'm a teenage recruit, I would be scared.  Also, Florida always scares me because the girls are so hot and a kid thinking with the wrong part of his body could be swayed.  And of course while all of this is happening to us, Billy Donovan shows up at Sampson's game and recruits the kid personally.

It's like hearing that a girl will say yes to you if you ask her to the prom in high school and right after you ask her and before she finishes the reply she already took a breathe to let out,  Brad Pitt swoops in and asks her.
Sorry but I cannot relate to your analogy because I am the Brad Pitt in your scenario. :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:13:51 PM by Celtics11 »

gman

« Reply #764 on: February 16, 2012, 07:51:54 PM »

It's like hearing that a girl will say yes to you if you ask her to the prom in high school and right after you ask her and before she finishes the reply she already took a breath to let out,  Brad Pitt swoops in and asks her.

We heard very very good things about Anderson and gathers. I believe nothing about recruits anymore unless they commit. In good shape means nothing
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:37:21 PM by gman »

« Reply #765 on: February 16, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »

It's like hearing that a girl will say yes to you if you ask her to the prom in high school and right after you ask her and before she finishes the reply she already took a breathe to let out,  Brad Pitt swoops in and asks her.
Sorry but I cannot relate to your analogy because I am the Brad Pitt in your scenario. :)
Sounds like a man crush on Billy D to me.

Poison

« Reply #766 on: February 16, 2012, 07:55:26 PM »
Shouldn't Billy Donovan be focusing more on replacing that adorable Ervin Walker?

« Reply #767 on: February 16, 2012, 08:17:29 PM »
Shouldn't Billy Donovan be focusing more on replacing that adorable Ervin Walker?
they already have a top 10 pg coming in

Marillac

« Reply #768 on: February 16, 2012, 10:05:05 PM »

They actually need some bigs almst as badly as we do.  They have commitments from top pg's this year and next, though.

« Reply #769 on: February 16, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »

They actually need some bigs almst as badly as we do.  They have commitments from top pg's this year and next, though.

They have some backcourt. Rosario would be my 5th guard on that squad

« Reply #770 on: February 17, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »

We heard very very good things about Anderson and gathers. I believe nothing about recruits anymore unless they commit. In good shape means nothing

To be honest, I won't feel good until the recruits actually step foot on campus and are declared eligible.

PIB

« Reply #771 on: February 18, 2012, 08:59:21 PM »

To be honest, I won't feel good until the recruits actually step foot on campus and are declared eligible.

Smart man.

« Reply #772 on: February 20, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »
don't know that i like this tweet from BrewsterHoops:

"#Providence coaching staff works very hard to develop relationships with the top players in Northeast. Cooley will win in #BigEast."

can this be an indirect jab at Lav's focus on the west coast?

« Reply #773 on: February 20, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »

"#Providence coaching staff works very hard to develop relationships with the top players in Northeast. Cooley will win in #BigEast."

I'm really beginning to dislike Brewster.

Marillac

« Reply #774 on: February 20, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »

Nobody has recruited Sampson harder.  Lav also recruited McGarry and Tharpe from Brewster, so that program and the NEPSAC are getting plenty of love.

« Reply #775 on: February 20, 2012, 08:39:01 PM »

I'm really beginning to dislike Brewster.
twitter Brewster Hoops = J Smith = you dislike J Smith

Oh, even with talent, I bet PC does not ever break top quarter of Beast standings - ever - w/ EC.  SJ's will.

NYCoffey

« Reply #776 on: February 20, 2012, 08:57:30 PM »
I saw a tweet that said none of the coaches except cooley were at the brewster vs. tilton game tonight to see noels. I think they were referring to fl, gtwn, and the other schools not being there to see Noels. I  Don't think it is a reflection on sampsons recruitment.god knows Lavin has put in the time with Jakarr having to recruit him twice.

Moose

« Reply #777 on: February 21, 2012, 12:03:50 AM »

Too bad Cooley can't coach a lick.
Have fun with Ledo next year.  That guy will rip any team apart.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #778 on: February 21, 2012, 12:44:50 AM »

LOL
In regards to Ledo, Should we start a transfer pool? :2funny:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 12:46:16 AM by illscalpya4000 »

« Reply #779 on: February 21, 2012, 01:11:19 AM »

LOL
In regards to Ledo, Should we start a transfer pool? :2funny:

He's probably got his NBA Draft papers already filled out.