Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies
Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #860 on: February 24, 2012, 09:55:33 PM »
According to Jerry Meyer on rivals:

St. John's is still an option for Sampson, a 6-foot-8 combo forward attending Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Academy. I wouldn't, however, consider St. John's as the leader for Sampson.

Right now the team with the strongest momentum in recruiting Sampson is Kansas. The Jayhawks pursued Sampson before he committed to St. John's a year ago, and have vigorously pursued him since he went to prep school and reopened his recruitment.

MCNPA

« Reply #861 on: February 24, 2012, 09:58:44 PM »
According to Jerry Meyer on rivals:

St. John's is still an option for Sampson, a 6-foot-8 combo forward attending Wolfeboro (N.H.) Brewster Academy. I wouldn't, however, consider St. John's as the leader for Sampson.

Right now the team with the strongest momentum in recruiting Sampson is Kansas. The Jayhawks pursued Sampson before he committed to St. John's a year ago, and have vigorously pursued him since he went to prep school and reopened his recruitment.

Jason Smith wants Jakarr to go to Kansas.  Enuff said.

« Reply #862 on: February 24, 2012, 10:41:08 PM »
I'm really looking forward to taking it to baylor next year and providence if he ends up there. Trust me, jakarr and ricardo are going to wish they stuck with us. Ricardo can join the fine line of great baylor players who go onto the nba. And same with jakarr wherever he winds up.

Marillac

« Reply #863 on: February 24, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »
I'm really looking forward to taking it to baylor next year and providence if he ends up there. Trust me, jakarr and ricardo are going to wish they stuck with us. Ricardo can join the fine line of great baylor players who go onto the nba. And same with jakarr wherever he winds up.

Baylor could be insane with a front court of Ike, Rico, and Q. They also have the juco junior Pierre Jackson, and second leading scorer coming back.  We'll bea Providence by 20+ again, though.

LJSA

« Reply #864 on: February 24, 2012, 11:12:48 PM »

Baylor could be insane with a front court of Ike, Rico, and Q. They also have the juco junior Pierre Jackson, and second leading scorer coming back.  We'll bea Providence by 20+ again, though.

As long as they blow everyone out, they'll be fine. As soon as they get involved in a nip and tuck battle during the tournament, Drew will coach them to a loss.

Poison

« Reply #865 on: February 24, 2012, 11:14:46 PM »
If he goes to KU and their rich tradition, how can you argue with his decision.

But if he chooses Providence, Rhode Island and an arena called the Dunkin Donuts Center over the bright lights of NYC, MSG and St. John's than he is crazy.

He committed once. There is no reason why should he should commit somewhere else.

SJU79

« Reply #866 on: February 25, 2012, 10:15:29 AM »
I was wrong on Kyle so please take this for what its worth but as of last night I heard Jakarr had eliminated SJU. Chiles also knows this and feels if he can get some of the kids onthe tea, to pressure him back they might get back in it but as of last night he is no longer considering SJU

boo3

« Reply #867 on: February 25, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
I was wrong on Kyle so please take this for what its worth but as of last night I heard Jakarr had eliminated SJU. Chiles also knows this and feels if he can get some of the kids onthe tea, to pressure him back they might get back in it but as of last night he is no longer considering SJU

Great. Not surprising at all. Thanks for the info.

« Reply #868 on: February 25, 2012, 10:23:50 AM »
I have no inside info at all-but what's happening with these de-commits and misses on recruiting-anyone with inside information care to offer an opinion?

« Reply #869 on: February 25, 2012, 10:33:04 AM »
We are getting owned on the recruiting circuit. And that's all our head coach/GM has been doing

MCNPA

« Reply #870 on: February 25, 2012, 10:33:31 AM »

Not good.  Any good news for us SJU fans?

paultzman

« Reply #871 on: February 25, 2012, 10:40:39 AM »

Baldi makes a fair point, considering Coach Lavin has not only spent great time, but has asserted our class will be a solid one. IMO, he must deliver or lose some credibility. Hope he delivers.

Badi, congrats on IONA win, nice team!

lihoop

« Reply #872 on: February 25, 2012, 10:41:51 AM »
that's tough to hear that we are out of the picture

SJU79

« Reply #873 on: February 25, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »
Good News.....heard from a TOP AAU guy that Lavin is still selling, still hustling, still working and still convincing kids he;s ok and at SJU for the long run. He's also in with a few good players not yet mentioned here and some that have been. I can also tell you Chiles is the type that does not accept no.

MCNPA

« Reply #874 on: February 25, 2012, 10:52:51 AM »
Good News.....heard from a TOP AAU guy that Lavin is still selling, still hustling, still working and still convincing kids he;s ok and at SJU for the long run. He's also in with a few good players not yet mentioned here and some that have been. I can also tell you Chiles is the type that does not accept no.

Good players for 2012?  I know we're in great with a lot of 13',14' kids.  We desperately need kids for next season though. 

boo3

« Reply #875 on: February 25, 2012, 10:56:16 AM »
If we don't get someone to help out Moe down low, he's going to bolt.

« Reply #876 on: February 25, 2012, 10:57:02 AM »

That's all fine and dandy, but we need bodies

Moose

« Reply #877 on: February 25, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »
This stuff is officially 'crazy'
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #878 on: February 25, 2012, 10:59:31 AM »
Can we please move on from jakarr, the kid did'nt get it done when he had a chance and is now playing the game. I'll take guys like Amir who worked his a@& off to get here, when he had a couple of million reasons to move on. We have two of the best returning sophs next year lets get some guys that want to be part of the program.

« Reply #879 on: February 25, 2012, 11:00:40 AM »
Why not let him go then, i'd rather have young men who are committed to being at sju!