Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

boo3

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #880 on: February 25, 2012, 11:01:55 AM »
 Jakarr was not coming here the day he de-committed and opened up his recruitment again.

Happy

« Reply #881 on: February 25, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
Can we please move on from jakarr, the kid did'nt get it done when he had a chance and is now playing the game. I'll take guys like Amir who worked his a@& off to get here, when he had a couple of million reasons to move on. We have two of the best returning sophs next year lets get some guys that want to be part of the program.
[/quote

Can't say move on until he officially eliminates us .

« Reply #882 on: February 25, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
2013 and 2014 kids?  norm roberts redux

« Reply #883 on: February 25, 2012, 11:14:43 AM »
So lets keep wasting time and resources on a kid who does'nt want to be here.

« Reply #884 on: February 25, 2012, 01:27:52 PM »
We MUST get Chris Obekpa. SJU 79, you have any info on him?

« Reply #885 on: February 25, 2012, 02:18:54 PM »
When Gathers signed with Baylor, all the fans said we needed Shepard.  When Shepard signed with SDSU, all the fans said we needed to sign Sampson again.  When Sampson supposedly rules us out of the running, all the fans said we needed to sign Obekpa.

And if we fail to sign him, who are we going to need to sign next?  Listen, I'm holding out hope that there is a grand scheme on the recruiting front, but as of right now it seems the 2012 class is a huge failure.  Signing two or three under the radar JUCO's is kind of unacceptable when your sole responsibility has been recruiting.

« Reply #886 on: February 25, 2012, 02:20:50 PM »
When Gathers signed with Baylor, all the fans said we needed Shepard.  When Shepard signed with SDSU, all the fans said we needed to sign Sampson again.  When Sampson supposedly rules us out of the running, all the fans said we needed to sign Obekpa.

And if we fail to sign him, who are we going to need to sign next?  Listen, I'm holding out hope that there is a grand scheme on the recruiting front, but as of right now it seems the 2012 class is a huge failure.  Signing two or three under the radar JUCO's is kind of unacceptable when your sole responsibility has been recruiting.

+10

Gumby

« Reply #887 on: February 25, 2012, 02:31:19 PM »
I felt the same way, when JS decommitted from us, that he was probably going elsewhere.  I also though there was an air of the KA site reoccurring within the JS site with the only "outside" news coming from and about other schools.  This is never good news.

All the talk about him knowing and liking Coach, his staff, and the players, apparently does not really mean much.

We just beat a very powerful NCAA and Big East school with six guys, all new the the BE.  JS, think about that!

PC as a choice, get real!

« Reply #888 on: February 25, 2012, 02:36:09 PM »
I felt the same way, when JS decommitted from us, that he was probably going elsewhere.  I also though there was an air of the KA site reoccurring within the JS site with the only "outside" news coming from and about other schools.  This is never good news.

All the talk about him knowing and liking Coach, his staff, and the players, apparently does not really mean much.

We just beat a very powerful NCAA and Big East school with six guys, all new the the BE.  JS, think about that!

PC as a choice, get real!

If he goes to Kansas and wants to ride the bench for two years before play, I think I can deal with that. But him going to PC would just be a complete shock.

« Reply #889 on: February 25, 2012, 02:39:46 PM »
The team is going to be fine with or without Sampson.  Besides all the issues this year, I feel like the program has a leader who will bring  sju back to the top. Sampson can come if he wants to!

« Reply #890 on: February 25, 2012, 02:43:23 PM »
He just needs to look at his boy Nadir Tharpe riding pine at Kansas. Kansas is a real good choice but he would have to deal with that possibility. PC has no advantages over STJ. Not sure whats going on with him but it is what it is.

« Reply #891 on: February 25, 2012, 02:51:13 PM »
 :'(fine loose yet another recruit

desco80

« Reply #892 on: February 25, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »
It's not the end of the world,  the program is in  good hands in the long run with Lavin at the helm.
But crappy news like this just gets tiring after awhile.  How many moments have we had like this this season??   Too many.

We've got a solid core, and they'll be very competitive next year, but in my opinion it's going to be another "what if" season.  We'll be competitive in conference, maybe get an NCAA birth.   But these recruiting losses add up.   Sampson and Gathers talent isn't the same as JUCO talent or guys outside the top 100.   

There are exceptions.  But all these recruiting losses are going to cost us at some point. 

Hope this news isn't true.   Has anybody heard anything to suggest we might still be alive?

boo3

« Reply #893 on: February 25, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
:'(fine loose yet another recruit

It's more effective to spell correctly when trolling. FYI.

You are some nice person.

« Reply #894 on: February 25, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
there is no news no one is even saying he's going elsewhere yet  but if he did we are really running out of recruits

desco80

« Reply #895 on: February 25, 2012, 04:15:49 PM »
Jakarr picked a nice weekend to visit Kansas.   What a crowd/scene at this game.   

« Reply #896 on: February 25, 2012, 05:53:19 PM »
Signing day is 2 months away. Let the situation run its course. Things are always changing. If he verbals somewhere then consider us out.

mkras99

« Reply #897 on: February 25, 2012, 06:15:00 PM »
Can't imagine the kid wanting to be anything other than a Jayhawk after today. What a game/comeback/crowd.

« Reply #898 on: February 25, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »
he wont leave kansas without verbaling imo
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #899 on: February 25, 2012, 06:37:13 PM »
Can't imagine the kid wanting to be anything other than a Jayhawk after today. What a game/comeback/crowd.
[/quot

How many questionable calls in KU's favor though late? 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 06:37:54 PM by MCNPA »