Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies
Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #960 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »
You guys are going crazy. Just let things play out.

We are letting things play out, and we currently stand at (0) commitments and numrous Transfers, numrous de-commitments, and numerous academic casulaties.  Now how's that for a real fact?

Branch.

« Reply #961 on: February 26, 2012, 10:28:49 PM »

We are letting things play out, and we currently stand at (0) commitments and numrous Transfers, numrous de-commitments, and numerous academic casulaties.  Now how's that for a real fact?

You should really do some fact checking before posting. St. John's has 1 player committed for 2012
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #962 on: February 26, 2012, 10:35:48 PM »

You should really do some fact checking before posting. St. John's has 1 player committed for 2012

Yes, the Transfer Branch so now we only need about 4 more.  We lost about 4 transfers and at least gained one back.  Well it's better than zero.

What if Obekpa and Sampson go elsewhere, than what?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:37:09 PM by Lapchick1 »

LoganK

« Reply #963 on: February 26, 2012, 10:45:17 PM »

Yes, the Transfer Branch so now we only need about 4 more.  We lost about 4 transfers and at least gained one back.  Well it's better than zero.

Then we will probably drop our basketball program down to DIII, and stop handing out scholarships.  Either that or we will recruit someone else...

« Reply #964 on: February 26, 2012, 10:46:50 PM »
You don't win championships or run a successful program or business by constantly kidding yourself, spinning the results, over-rating your odds and ignoring reality.

4 months ago this program looked like it was in trememdous shape, but things unfortunately went south in a hurry.  EX:  The conference fell apart, Lavin had cancer (and I feel for him because he's apparently a gentleman a very decent man), Pelle & Sampson didn't qualify, Woods decommitted, Gathers decommitted, and a few players transferred. 

Will the current young players that we do have stay for at least 3 years?  Otherwise that becomes a problem too.  I don't like what I foresee right now, but I hope I'm very mistaken because we've sure had enough years now in recent times of watching SJU get their you know what handed to them and very little enjoyment of success.  Lets put it this way; SJU basketball fans are certainly not spolied at this point over what we have had to witness over the past 15 years.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 10:51:12 PM by Lapchick1 »

MCNPA

« Reply #965 on: February 26, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »
You don't win championships or run a successful program or business by constantly kidding yourself, spinning the results, over-rating your odds and ignoring reality.

4 months ago this program looked like it was in trememdous shape, but things unfortunately went south in a hurry.  EX:  The conference fell apart, Lavin had cancer (and I feel for him because he's a gentleman a a great man), Pelle & Sampson didn't qualify, Woods decommitted, Gathers decommitted, and a few players transferred. 

Will the current young players that we do have stay for at least 3 years?  Otherwise that becomes a problem too.

Even with the coach out with cancer and all freshmen a and only 6 guys, we just beat DePaul, UCLA and Notre Dame in the last 3.  We will have our coach back next year, likely all of our players with the addition of Branch and 4 to be named signees.  Things are going fine, and we'll have a better handle after April about our class in its entirety.

« Reply #966 on: February 26, 2012, 11:01:28 PM »

4 months ago this program looked like it was in trememdous shape, but things unfortunately went south in a hurry.  EX:  The conference fell apart, Lavin had cancer (and I feel for him because he's a gentleman a a great man), Pelle & Sampson didn't qualify, Woods decommitted, Gathers decommitted, and a few players transferred. 

Will the current young players that we do have stay for at least 3 years?  Otherwise that becomes a problem too.

Even with the coach out with cancer and all freshmen a and only 6 guys, we just beat DePaul, UCLA and Notre Dame in the last 3.  We will have our coach back next year, likely all of our players with the addition of Branch and 4 to be named signees.  Things are going fine, and we'll have a better handle after April about our class in its entirety.

Well that's certainly an optimistic more popular opinion, but is it realistic/practical?

I sure hope that your right and I'm wrong.  We'll see come April.

This was once a proud BB program with Lapchick & Louie, and now it's become pretty much a perennial loser.  I also root for the NYJ, Knicks, Mets and the Islanders so unfortunately I've grown use to perennial losers and boy oh boy I'm also sick and tired of them by now.  After awhile you don't feel bad for them anymore, and you begin to realize that they don't do the necessary things to ever turn it around.  Lose, lose & lose, that's what they're all #1/successful at but that's about it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:06:40 PM by Lapchick1 »

« Reply #967 on: February 26, 2012, 11:02:02 PM »

4 months ago this program looked like it was in trememdous shape, but things unfortunately went south in a hurry.  EX:  The conference fell apart, Lavin had cancer (and I feel for him because he's apparently a gentleman a very decent man), Pelle & Sampson didn't qualify, Woods decommitted, Gathers decommitted, and a few players transferred. 

Will the current young players that we do have stay for at least 3 years?  Otherwise that becomes a problem too.  I don't like what I foresee right now, but I hope I'm very mistaken because we've sure had enough years now in recent times of watching SJU get their you know what handed to them and very little enjoyment of success.  Lets put it this way; SJU basketball fans are certainly not spolied at this point over what we have had to witness over the past 15 years.

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you say "and I feel for him because he's APPARENTLY a gentlemen a very decent man"?

The man fought and beat cancer.  All while landing a top 50 recruit from 2011.  The state of the program is perfectly fine!!

Tiznow

« Reply #968 on: February 26, 2012, 11:02:31 PM »
Going to DIII may be worth it.  I won't have to read this crap about the program being in shambles. 

Lavin has dismissed the BS rumors of the past two months. 

And we just learned that Sampson is still considering playing for a staff that has turned five freshmen and a sixth first year kid into team that bumped off the third place team in the BE. 

It was a great week for Johnny fans and the future is bright.

« Reply #969 on: February 26, 2012, 11:10:57 PM »

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound when you say "and I feel for him because he's APPARENTLY a gentlemen a very decent man"?

The man fought and beat cancer.  All while landing a top 50 recruit from 2011.  The state of the program is perfectly fine!!

Yes, he fought and beat cancer and I admire him for it, and I find him to be a very honorable and decent man beside that outstanding achievement.  GOD bless him!

I like Steve Lavin, he was a good hire.  He's usually an outstanding recruiter and a decent X's & O's guy who surrounds himself with a solid coaching staff.  However, things have started to get away a little the past few months.  Lets hope he can turn it around and the proof will be in the results.  Nobody is pulling for him more than I am I know that.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:12:03 PM by Lapchick1 »

Happy

« Reply #970 on: February 26, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »

+1

Moose

« Reply #971 on: February 26, 2012, 11:18:23 PM »
So Sunday nights is when the hospital gives computer time? :2funny:
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #972 on: February 26, 2012, 11:19:17 PM »

+1

Another popular post that always gets a lot of approval by the Kool-Aid Club, but that's what Knicks, Mets, Jets & Islanders fans say every year too.  They're all unrealistic optimists.  Every year they say "just let it all play out", and it's been playing out alright where you want to puke at the results.  You know what plays out more than anything else?  "Murphy's Law" unfortunately

Happy

« Reply #973 on: February 26, 2012, 11:21:37 PM »

+1

Another popular post that always gets a lot of approval by the Kool-Aid Club, but that's what Knicks, Mets, Jets & Islanders fans say every year too.  They're all unrealistic optimists.  Every year they say "just let it all play out", and it's been playing out alright where you want to puke at the results.  You know what plays out more than anything else?  "Murphy's Law" unfortunately

You seriously need a hug right about now man.

« Reply #974 on: February 26, 2012, 11:25:43 PM »

+1

You seriously need a hug right about now man.

Actually you know what I really need.  I need an Owner, a GM or a head coach who's stops talking, stops dreaming AND STARTS WINNING.  That's what I need. :)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 11:26:37 PM by Lapchick1 »

crgreen

« Reply #975 on: February 27, 2012, 05:50:26 AM »

+1

UNFORTUNATELY?   Bronson at the top of his game, and Angel Tompkins dancing naked?   :)

tnice

« Reply #976 on: February 27, 2012, 09:13:35 AM »

What if we sign them both?

« Reply #977 on: February 27, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »
It was mentioned not long ago of blocking certain people from contributing on this website until after the April Signing Day.

Any chance of Lapchick1, ShurinaCheese and a couple of other knuckleheads can get censored until after Signing Day?

paultzman

« Reply #978 on: February 27, 2012, 10:47:10 AM »
Lapchick, it is the blue pill, not the purple one.

desco80

« Reply #979 on: February 27, 2012, 12:07:07 PM »
How hard is it to have a constructive conversation?    I don't understand why it always comes down to "optimists" v "pessimists"  ??   
This is such a ridiculous oversimplification.   

We've won 3 games in a row Lapchick, what did you want Lavin to win this year?   the Big East?   The NCAAs??