Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

Happy

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #1000 on: February 28, 2012, 05:22:50 PM »
Jason Smith tweeted the finalists for Jakkar, listing ST Johns. I called him out for listing st johns last before realizing it was in alphabetical order. Doh! He tweeted me back letting me know it was nothing personal, just alphabetical.  Then I got a bunch of Rock Chalk jay hawk tweets from Kansas fans.   Good times.

Calling out his high school coach on twitter... Yea that's the ticket.

boo3

« Reply #1001 on: February 28, 2012, 05:25:58 PM »
Jason Smith tweeted the finalists for Jakkar, listing ST Johns. I called him out for listing st johns last before realizing it was in alphabetical order. Doh! He tweeted me back letting me know it was nothing personal, just alphabetical.  Then I got a bunch of Rock Chalk jay hawk tweets from Kansas fans.   Good times.

Yeah, you can all blame me when he goes to Kansas.

PIB

« Reply #1002 on: February 28, 2012, 06:32:51 PM »

LOLZ.

Any recruit foolish enough to base his decision on some fan(atic)'s post on twitter or a message board is either:

1. Stupid
2. Severely misguided
3. Stupid and severely misguided

« Reply #1003 on: February 28, 2012, 06:38:50 PM »

LOLZ.

Any recruit foolish enough to base his decision on some fan(atic)'s post on twitter or a message board is either:

1. Stupid
2. Severely misguided
3. Stupid and severely misguided

BUT RICARDO TOLD ME HE LOVED ME BACK!

boo3

« Reply #1004 on: February 28, 2012, 06:58:44 PM »
 Lol. It really wasn't a big deal. Once I realized his list was alphabetical, i apologized.  Smith even re-tweeted me asking Jakarr to come here and there was plenty of playing time for him at St. John's. 

I thought it was funny enough to share. Please don't blow this out of proportion.

desco80

« Reply #1005 on: February 28, 2012, 07:53:21 PM »
Saw Smith's tweet about the teams involved with Jakarr ... didn't know Lousiville was recruiting him.  Haven't heard them mentioned with him in a long time.

Does anyone know if they're an actual player in this race, or was JS merely listing them for the sake of making a list?

LJSA

« Reply #1006 on: February 28, 2012, 09:48:20 PM »
Saw Smith's tweet about the teams involved with Jakarr ... didn't know Lousiville was recruiting him.  Haven't heard them mentioned with him in a long time.

Does anyone know if they're an actual player in this race, or was JS merely listing them for the sake of making a list?

Chad Millard played for Smith at Brewster, although not sure how happy he was with Louisville, since he left after a season.

« Reply #1007 on: February 28, 2012, 11:09:49 PM »
I know I am biased since I am a sju fan and follow these boards religiously but after reading the jay hawk site, no one on their has an idea about jakaar.  They seem to be following the sites rivals and zags for any momentum which we know can be misleading.  I would imagine that they have people on those boards who consider themselves on the in and if they are not coming out with hard info on him going there after last weekend we must have a good of a shot as any schools mentioned on list.

« Reply #1008 on: March 01, 2012, 07:11:45 PM »
The Basketball Diary ‏ @TheBBallDiary Close
St Johns is heading up to Endicott on Friday. Providence is heading up on Sunday. The competition for Jakarr Spongebob Sampson is fierce.

Marillac

« Reply #1009 on: March 01, 2012, 07:28:41 PM »

They will be getting a visit. 

mkras99

« Reply #1010 on: March 01, 2012, 07:30:55 PM »

You still confident he ends up at St. John's?

Marillac

« Reply #1011 on: March 01, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »

You still confident he ends up at St. John's?

Yes.

« Reply #1012 on: March 01, 2012, 10:43:54 PM »
can Sampson play in any aa games since he is a post grad student still playing hs ball?

« Reply #1013 on: March 01, 2012, 11:39:05 PM »
I like Marillac's confidence.

paultzman

« Reply #1014 on: March 02, 2012, 06:09:12 PM »
Go get him Coach!

“@NYPost_Brazille: RT @TheBBallDiary: St johns steve lavin and tony chiles are in the building. On time! Front and center in front of brewster bench.”

« Reply #1015 on: March 02, 2012, 07:15:55 PM »
Go get him Coach!

“@NYPost_Brazille: RT @TheBBallDiary: St johns steve lavin and tony chiles are in the building. On time! Front and center in front of brewster bench.”

wouldnt expect anything less out of Lav! Like Gene Hackmen said in behind enemy lines, "lets go get our boy back!"
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kjd01067

« Reply #1016 on: March 05, 2012, 12:57:28 PM »
Just so everyone knows I moved all the Bill Self discussion to its own thread on the college sports board

« Reply #1017 on: March 05, 2012, 01:21:06 PM »
I would actually like to get updates on jakarr when i visit the thread.

Mike

« Reply #1018 on: March 05, 2012, 01:28:24 PM »
I would actually like to get updates on jakarr when i visit the thread.

Same here