Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

paultzman

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #1020 on: March 05, 2012, 04:22:51 PM »
JaKarr reminds me of Darius Miles a bit. Hopefully a better outcome in store for us.

« Reply #1021 on: March 06, 2012, 03:36:38 PM »
Mike Rutherford ‏ @CardChronicle
Jakarr Sampson reportedly down to Kansas and Providence. Louisville had tried to come on late. Ed Cooley's doing something right.

Don't know how reliable this guy is but this would certainly suck.

https://twitter.com/#!/cardchronicle
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:37:23 PM by kingofk1ngs »

« Reply #1022 on: March 06, 2012, 05:44:59 PM »
Jakarr Sampson reportedly down to Kansas and Providence. Louisville had tried to come on late. Ed Cooley's doing something right.

where there's smoke there's fire.  i think SJU79 said we were out; jason smith keeps touting KS and Prov on twitter.

keeping my fingers crossed.

MCNPA

« Reply #1023 on: March 06, 2012, 05:56:20 PM »

where there's smoke there's fire.  i think SJU79 said we were out; jason smith keeps touting KS and Prov on twitter.

keeping my fingers crossed.

I just hope that Jason Smith isn't effing it up for SJU.  I don't think this is Jakarr speaking.

paultzman

« Reply #1024 on: March 06, 2012, 07:02:57 PM »
Believe me, relax!!

LJSA

« Reply #1025 on: March 06, 2012, 07:06:31 PM »
People need to just keep their cool until he signs elsewhere.

Ever consider he's blowing smoke up his dickhead coach's ass until the last minute?

Happy

« Reply #1026 on: March 06, 2012, 07:27:10 PM »

Ever consider he's blowing smoke up his dickhead coach's ass until the last minute?
[/quote

Still not getting the hate for the Brewster coach.. Because it appears that Jakarr might not come here?  First thing is that we still are in it.. And if he doesn't come here .. It most certainly will not be because of his coach.

paultzman

« Reply #1027 on: March 06, 2012, 07:53:17 PM »
Lavin tweeted another reference to "stellar 2012 class". He also made same comment in Katz interview. Could he be so out there in his predictions without some degree of confidence? A good friend of mine with sound insight into the program, just keeps telling me we will very surprised and pleased. I have no choice, but to have faith in a man with such recruiting success, Rise Academy debacle aside.

LJSA

« Reply #1028 on: March 06, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »

[/quote

Still not getting the hate for the Brewster coach.. Because it appears that Jakarr might not come here?  First thing is that we still are in it.. And if he doesn't come here .. It most certainly will not be because of his coach.

No, not at all. I'm a longtime St. John's fan. If I got pissed every time we lost a big recruit my heart would have given out years ago. When a coach tries to steer a kid in a certain direction for their own personal reasons, that's what bugs me. And that's what I've heard about Smith from about 10 different people -- all very even-tempered as well when it comes to recruiting.

desco80

« Reply #1029 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:46 PM »

[/quote

No, not at all. I'm a longtime St. John's fan. If I got pissed every time we lost a big recruit my heart would have given out years ago. When a coach tries to steer a kid in a certain direction for their own personal reasons, that's what bugs me. And that's what I've heard about Smith from about 10 different people -- all very even-tempered as well when it comes to recruiting.

For those that think Smith is steering Jakarr, or at least trying to...
(I personally wouldn't know the answer)  But are we assuming it's because he's angling for an assistant job at KU or is there something else he stands to get out of it?

Or is it possible he think he's doing the best thing for his kids by pushing them towards Kansas?   

« Reply #1030 on: March 06, 2012, 09:44:16 PM »
Lavin tweeted another reference to "stellar 2012 class". He also made same comment in Katz interview. Could he be so out there in his predictions without some degree of confidence? A good friend of mine with sound insight into the program, just keeps telling me we will very surprised and pleased. I have no choice, but to have faith in a man with such recruiting success, Rise Academy debacle aside.
I know what you mean.  To be honest you gotta have faith in Lavin.  It will work out, he has the drive.

« Reply #1031 on: March 07, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 11:18:57 AM by Choz4Life »
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

desco80

« Reply #1032 on: March 07, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »

Really man?    You're the master of laying hints but you gotta give us more than that  ;D

Are there good things in the works on this beautiful spring day?   Or is that a sign we should move along, nothing to see here?

NYCoffey

« Reply #1033 on: March 07, 2012, 01:48:28 PM »
Sampson is denying he is down to the 2 schools on twitter

James smith ‏ @JamesLilmack105

ยท Open

@KarrSampson14 please respond if the reports that u are down to ku and pc NOT true
JaKarr Sampson JaKarr Sampson ‏ @KarrSampson14

Close

@JamesLilmack105 not true

paultzman

« Reply #1034 on: March 07, 2012, 01:57:05 PM »
 One more game for JS and then good news

« Reply #1035 on: March 07, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »

That is a rather definitive pronouncement.  I always assume that you know something that will make the rest of us very happy.

PIB

« Reply #1036 on: March 07, 2012, 03:44:13 PM »

:up:

« Reply #1037 on: March 07, 2012, 08:14:22 PM »

Good news for who?  Providence, Kansas, or St. John's?

« Reply #1038 on: March 07, 2012, 08:21:34 PM »

desco80

« Reply #1039 on: March 07, 2012, 08:24:04 PM »
Well tonight is Sampson's last game. 
Here's a link to the game streaming live...
Crusader22