• 1462 replies

paultzman

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #1040 on: March 07, 2012, 09:47:27 PM »
“@KarrSampson14: National champion and tournament MVP... #tonice!!!”

Happy

« Reply #1041 on: March 08, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
It appears that the all out social media blitz is on for Jakarr right now . Now that his season is over,, fans from Kansas, Providence, and of course us are tweeting him like crazy to come to each respective school.  So who has the craziest fans??  You should see some of the stuff he is getting.  :D

Poison

« Reply #1042 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:28 AM »
You like corn? You like cow? Come to Kansas. We got both!

Moose

« Reply #1043 on: March 08, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »
It appears that the all out social media blitz is on for Jakarr right now . Now that his season is over,, fans from Kansas, Providence, and of course us are tweeting him like crazy to come to each respective school.  So who has the craziest fans??  You should see some of the stuff he is getting.  :D

Who do you think has the craziest fans?
Remember who broke the Slice news

Happy

« Reply #1044 on: March 08, 2012, 09:37:34 AM »

Who do you think has the craziest fans?

I would think it's Kansas.. But we got some pretty crazy fans :)

Happy

« Reply #1045 on: March 08, 2012, 09:38:54 AM »
You like corn? You like cow? Come to Kansas. We got both!

Nothing beats the Kansas tweet of " come to Kansas Jakarr and join the Family.. We are all related.. Literally "

SJU79

« Reply #1046 on: March 08, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »
I understand that im losing all credability here but since I dont know this kid im only reporting what I hear from people I trust.. Just spoke with a guy at Brewster who SWEARS that Jakarr has not only not eliminated SJU but they are right near the top. The kids on the roster are all over him to come and join in and that is really working on him. He says Fla not really an option, the wow factor of KU is wearing off but Prov is literally ALL OVER him. His guess was a 2 way tie between SJU and Prov with KU close behind and all else out of the picture. Guy also mentioned Norvel is having Issues(not physical health) so as decent people perhaps we could lay off the insults on him and keep him in our prayers

Moose

« Reply #1047 on: March 08, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »
I understand that im losing all credability here but since I dont know this kid im only reporting what I hear from people I trust.. Just spoke with a guy at Brewster who SWEARS that Jakarr has not only not eliminated SJU but they are right near the top. The kids on the roster are all over him to come and join in and that is really working on him. He says Fla not really an option, the wow factor of KU is wearing off but Prov is literally ALL OVER him. His guess was a 2 way tie between SJU and Prov with KU close behind and all else out of the picture. Guy also mentioned Norvel is having Issues(not physical health) so as decent people perhaps we could lay off the insults on him and keep him in our prayers

No worries '79.  Your not losing credibility.  This stuff changes so frequently its impossible to keep up with.  But your latest report jives with what I've been and some others in the know have been hearing as well.

kjd01067

« Reply #1048 on: March 08, 2012, 12:51:30 PM »

Keep the reports coming. Like Moose said this stuff changes all the time so it is impossible to know for sure but I for one always appreciate your updates.

« Reply #1049 on: March 08, 2012, 12:59:23 PM »

Thanks 79. I'm starting to like our chances with reports like this, as well as Lavin's comments like "best class ever."

« Reply #1050 on: March 08, 2012, 01:01:21 PM »

No worries '79.  Your not losing credibility.  This stuff changes so frequently its impossible to keep up with.  But your latest report jives with what I've been and some others in the know have been hearing as well.
MD just got a verbal from PF Charles Mitchell.  now it's time for JaKarr to get back with his guys! 

https://twitter.com/Terptek/status/177811191316484096

« Reply #1051 on: March 08, 2012, 01:06:26 PM »

Keep the reports coming. Like Moose said this stuff changes all the time so it is impossible to know for sure but I for one always appreciate your updates.

+1. Always appreciate what you have to say 79
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1052 on: March 08, 2012, 01:16:17 PM »
if the current roster is all over him to come, we need the fan base to show him the same love.  Providence and KU fans are all over him on twitter.  It's the same 2-3 St John's fans showing him love, over and over again.  doesn't say much about our fans.

« Reply #1053 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »
Thanks 79'. If its between us and Providence then I feel real good about where we stand. Not a shot at them or to say they couldn't beat us for him because they could but we have much more to offer him then they do. Time will tell

« Reply #1054 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:40 PM »

we should probably take down or lock the Pelle thread.  what do you think dave?

Moose

« Reply #1055 on: March 08, 2012, 01:18:56 PM »
if the current roster is all over him to come, we need the fan base to show him the same love.  Providence and KU fans are all over him on twitter.  It's the same 2-3 St John's fans showing him love, over and over again.  doesn't say much about our fans.

You want more fans showing love on Twitter?  I think a small number is manageable.  When half the state of Kansas is doing it, that  seems excessive to me.

« Reply #1056 on: March 08, 2012, 01:19:51 PM »
And I agree with you on Pelle, we need to lay off him and let him chose whats best for him. He's not a punk and seems to be a good dude, no need to insult him

gman

« Reply #1057 on: March 08, 2012, 01:26:06 PM »
Thanks Sju79. Things change. We are dealing with teenagers.

« Reply #1058 on: March 08, 2012, 01:38:13 PM »
I'd like to echo everyone's comments and thank you as well, SJU79!  We really appreciate the info, especially when it's good info like this!

Jakarr would be so sick on this team...MSG, NYC, the Big East, the exposure, this great coaching staff - come home to the Redmen, Jakarr!

MCNPA

« Reply #1059 on: March 08, 2012, 01:49:55 PM »
Jakarr needs to look no further than the 53 pages of posts here as well as another novella full of posts about Jakarr on Redmen.com.  Jakarr is going to have a hard time turning down playing with all his friends and guys he already knows as well as carte Blanche PT next to two of the best SG/SF's in the country.  Our style of play is another factor.  I'm sorry, but for Jakarr, SJU has to be a no brainer.  Cooley can go to as many games as he wants and throw as many of his players under the bus as he wants, he's no Steve Lavin/Dunlap.  If Jakarr wants to be an NBA player, SJU the place to hone his game next to some of the best young talent in the game.  I think we land this kid.  The sooner the better.