Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

Happy

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #1100 on: March 09, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Don't know for sure, but told Sampson back in Ohio, perhaps sorting things out. IMO, better for us with home based folks around him more open to SJU than his HS coach.  Not groundbreaking news, but I thought  I'd share it.

Yes he mentioned he was in Ohio on twitter.

LJSA

« Reply #1101 on: March 09, 2012, 05:59:25 PM »
Don't know for sure, but told Sampson back in Ohio, perhaps sorting things out. IMO, better for us with home based folks around him more open to SJU than his HS coach.  Not groundbreaking news, but I thought  I'd share it.

I think it's big news. Sounds like a kid getting ready to announce this week.

« Reply #1102 on: March 09, 2012, 06:12:50 PM »

i think it's spring break...

« Reply #1103 on: March 09, 2012, 06:20:48 PM »

i think it's spring break...

Maybe both!

desco80

« Reply #1104 on: March 09, 2012, 07:55:29 PM »
Watching that video again; I'm not so sure it's a positive for us. 
Jakarr says "We thought we were gonna do something special ya know, but..."
He then goes on to say "... it still could happen".   As if to say "I guess it could still happen".

I'm reading the tea leaves here so anything could still happen, but that sounds more like someone who's not eliminating St Johns.   It doesn't sound like somebody coming here.

Again, it just seems like experience tells us when players decommit and open up their recruiting, they don't end up coming back to their original school.
And it's a shame because I think Jakarr would like it here.

boo3

« Reply #1105 on: March 09, 2012, 08:13:04 PM »
 Stop trying to read the mind of an 18 year old. You will drive yourself crazy. lol. If he wants to be here, he'll come. If not, good luck at Kansas.  We will move on and survive.

desco80

« Reply #1106 on: March 09, 2012, 08:49:47 PM »
Stop trying to read the mind of an 18 year old. You will drive yourself crazy. lol. If he wants to be here, he'll come. If not, good luck at Kansas.  We will move on and survive.

It's true lol.   In a month or so we'll all see where the chips fall.   

PIB

« Reply #1107 on: March 11, 2012, 07:06:31 AM »

Recruiting is fluid. You're dealing with kids. Some handle the spotlight better than others. Some (generally those with good support networks) manage the process pretty well. Other's don't. It could become a circus.

Three of the most important things I have learned following football and basketball recruiting are:

1. There is no such thing as a verbal commitment.

2. Keep recruiting -never stop.

3. Recruiting is fluid. Things change.

4. Never take an "insiders" post/text, etc. as a matter of fact. Instead, take it for what it is worth. 

crgreen

« Reply #1108 on: March 11, 2012, 11:02:25 AM »

Recruiting is fluid. You're dealing with kids. Some handle the spotlight better than others. Some (generally those with good support networks) manage the process pretty well. Other's don't. It could become a circus.

Three of the most important things I have learned following football and basketball recruiting are:

4. Never take an "insiders" post/text, etc. as a matter of fact. Instead, take it for what it is worth.

I'd add a #5:  Never take the PLAYERS post/test, etc. as a matter of fact....

Marillac

« Reply #1109 on: March 11, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »

That is four things not three :)

PIB

« Reply #1110 on: March 12, 2012, 05:47:50 AM »
LOL, yeah I noticed that. I agree with green, also.

« Reply #1112 on: March 12, 2012, 08:50:08 PM »
Him and Mo on the court at the same time would be sick
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #1113 on: March 12, 2012, 08:59:33 PM »
His stroke looks much improved. I love how he finishes with ferocious 1 hand dunks. Really imposing. Him and moe would be dynamite!

My guess is that His college choice and moes decision on staying or leaving happen during the same week.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #1114 on: March 12, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »
NBA first round pick. 

Although I feel like his SF game took a step back at Brewster, playing mostly PF.  At SVSM, he had the ball in his hands a lot and was always on the perimeter in the footage.  Everything here is a dunk.

Moose

« Reply #1115 on: March 12, 2012, 09:03:48 PM »
His stroke looks much improved. I love how he finishes with ferocious 1 hand dunks. Really imposing. Him and moe would be dynamite!

My guess is that His college choice and moes decision on staying or leaving happen during the same week.

I honestly don't think they are related.  If anything his commitment could help Moe stick around.
Remember who broke the Slice news

boo3

« Reply #1116 on: March 12, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
Kid is an absolute stud. Goes without saying, he is the key to the 2012 recruiting class.   We need some great news. Jakkar's commitment would be just what the doctor ordered.

« Reply #1117 on: March 12, 2012, 09:10:56 PM »

I honestly don't think they are related.  If anything his commitment could help Moe stick around.

Your second part is what  I was getting at moose. He commits than moe decides to stay. Im hopeful at least
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #1118 on: March 12, 2012, 09:12:13 PM »
Ugh, I'll be really disappointed if he goes elsewhere.

Happy

« Reply #1119 on: March 12, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »
When Lavin talks about a stellar recruiting class.. It begins and ends with this kid.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 09:18:19 PM by Happy »