Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies
Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1340 on: July 08, 2012, 01:22:02 PM »
I think D Lo will average about 15 points a game and Jakarr around 10 but everyone else will be in that 7-9 range. We are goint to run, run, and run some more and put up a to of points.   

D'lo is going to be our best offensive player this year by a wide margin. Hell get plenty of shots and opportunities. Personally I think theres no way he averages 15 a game. I think it will be closer to 18
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

desco80

« Reply #1341 on: July 08, 2012, 01:46:41 PM »
I think D Lo will average about 15 points a game and Jakarr around 10 but everyone else will be in that 7-9 range. We are goint to run, run, and run some more and put up a to of points.   

I hope you're right but my biggest fear is we struggle offensively.    Even if we run as much as possible, at least 75% of our possessions are going to be in the half court.   I'm hoping Branch can be a facilitator because even if we weren't forced to kill the clock because of a lack of depth -- we still had horrible ball movement for most of last year.   Not to mention terrible shooting from the field, from the line, and from 3.

No way around it - we have to be more efficient offensively this year. 

jr49

« Reply #1342 on: July 08, 2012, 07:56:06 PM »

I hope you're right but my biggest fear is we struggle offensively.    Even if we run as much as possible, at least 75% of our possessions are going to be in the half court.   I'm hoping Branch can be a facilitator because even if we weren't forced to kill the clock because of a lack of depth -- we still had horrible ball movement for most of last year.   Not to mention terrible shooting from the field, from the line, and from 3.

Can't we run plays for our front court? I thought our new bigs have skills.

MCNPA

« Reply #1343 on: July 08, 2012, 08:26:05 PM »

Can't we run plays for our front court? I thought our new bigs have skills.

Agreed.  We're not going to be a team full of snipers.  We do have guys that càn score going to the rim though, which is what I expect. 

Marillac

« Reply #1344 on: July 09, 2012, 01:56:34 AM »
“@JonRothstein: Getting the early vibe that Jakarr Sampson could be St. John's go to player in 12-13. Has always reminded me of Chris Singleton.”

When does JR run dry on this comparison crap? Lol

This is borderline http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded.  How anyone could think any player on the roster would be a higher scoring option than Harrison...wow.  Harrison will be around 20 ppg and I expect Sampson just above double-digits. 

« Reply #1345 on: July 09, 2012, 11:22:53 AM »
The video was removed Marillac. Just curious what was it?

Marillac

« Reply #1346 on: July 09, 2012, 04:36:16 PM »

I trie to type retar'ded but the site makes that word into The Hanogver scene  automatically. The only go-to guy for STJ will be Harrison until he leaves.  Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know basketball.

pmg911

« Reply #1347 on: July 11, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »
Marilac- that statement is just ridiculous.

Harrison got a ton of shots last year solely because he was one of two real offensive options on a bad team. The team will have depth an options next season. I do think Harrison gets 15+ per game next year but to say anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know hoops is just a dumb statement.

Be honest, Harrison & Harkless don't not get the numbers they did this past season if we have a full roster. They simply would not have been one court as much if the team had a full roster of scholarship players. If Nuri had stuck it out, Harrison never gets near his season averages.

crgreen

« Reply #1348 on: July 11, 2012, 08:11:40 PM »
Marilac- that statement is just ridiculous.

Harrison got a ton of shots last year solely because he was one of two real offensive options on a bad team. The team will have depth an options next season. I do think Harrison gets 15+ per game next year but to say anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know hoops is just a dumb statement.

Be honest, Harrison & Harkless don't not get the numbers they did this past season if we have a full roster. They simply would not have been one court as much if the team had a full roster of scholarship players. If Nuri had stuck it out, Harrison never gets near his season averages.

Of course, D'lo already had games of 21, 17 and 16 before Nuri Left.   And it was one game after Nuri Left that Amir joined the roster, so those minutes and shots  from his were pretty well absorbed.

« Reply #1349 on: August 02, 2012, 12:38:29 AM »

this guy's love for Sponge Bob is frightening!  LOL  I hope the student section shows up with Sponge Bob masks to the games.

« Reply #1350 on: August 02, 2012, 12:32:44 PM »
There are regrets and then there's that^. Lol.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

paultzman

« Reply #1351 on: August 02, 2012, 01:15:31 PM »
Way to sop up some of That NY culture guys! Nice picture to provoke height debate/concerns for rest of summer!

“@obekpa12: Museum flow wif @KarrSampson14 http://t.co/cA154NtE
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:16:44 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #1352 on: August 02, 2012, 05:24:57 PM »
cAN HE HIT A 12 FOOT BASELINE JUMP SHOT?

Moose

« Reply #1353 on: August 02, 2012, 05:57:27 PM »

Ask yourself that question.  You recruited him.
Don't be mad he called you a clown.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #1354 on: August 02, 2012, 06:36:12 PM »

Yes

jr49

« Reply #1355 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:49 PM »

I trie to type retar'ded but the site makes that word into The Hanogver scene  automatically. The only go-to guy for STJ will be Harrison until he leaves.  Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't know basketball.
The short slow guy, who can't jump is our only go to guy. I think Harrison got balls, and can be a nice player here, but you sure slamming our bigs, and all future recruits.  If I believe your premise I gotta figure we stink the next 3 years. Is the talk that I read on this site sayin DH maybe goin to the league next year for real? I'm not in love with the NBA, but I do watch some. The guards I see in the league are big, fast, strong, can jump and shoot, and defend. Yea, and they dribble with both hands. You were to emphatic to be serious.

« Reply #1356 on: August 02, 2012, 11:49:15 PM »

The short slow guy, who can't jump is our only go to guy. I think Harrison got balls, and can be a nice player here, but you sure slamming our bigs, and all future recruits.  If I believe your premise I gotta figure we stink the next 3 years. Is the talk that I read on this site sayin DH maybe goin to the league next year for real? I'm not in love with the NBA, but I do watch some. The guards I see in the league are big, fast, strong, can jump and shoot, and defend. Yea, and they dribble with both hands. You were to emphatic to be serious.

Im not sure if im totally understanding your post JR, but are you not high on Harrison's game? Did you not see what he did last year in the big east as a freshmen? He was in the top three in PPG during conference games? I think thats got "go to" written all over it. I dont care if he can't jump that high. Hes quick and as tough as they come. Not to mention he does dribble well with both hands.

MCNPA

« Reply #1357 on: August 03, 2012, 12:17:59 AM »
Way to sop up some of That NY culture guys! Nice picture to provoke height debate/concerns for rest of summer!

“@obekpa12: Museum flow wif @KarrSampson14 http://t.co/cA154NtE

Actually not much concern for me.  Jakarr is at least 6'7" if not taller. He's not short at all and was an inch or so shorter than Nerlens when they played.   It tells me Obekpa is at least a legit 6'9" which is great for us at center.  Also great to see these guys becoming friends.  How our team interacts together is über important.  These kids are encouraged to serve at Bread and Life, go to museums and even are worked into a yoga regimen as part of their training.  I love the direction the program has gone and is going under Lavin. 

MCNPA

« Reply #1358 on: August 03, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »

Im not sure if im totally understanding your post JR, but are you not high on Harrison's game? Did you not see what he did last year in the big east as a freshmen? He was in the top three in PPG during conference games? I think thats got "go to" written all over it. I dont care if he can't jump that high. Hes quick and as tough as they come. Not to mention he does dribble well with both hands.

Harrison is not only an emotional leader, but a proven top-level Big East scorer and a warrior.  Anybody who thinks he isn't our go-to guy is crazy.  He's as clutch as they come.  Frankly I haven't seen all too many freshmen as fearless out of the gate.  Our bigs and everybody else will come along, but Harrison is a proven commodity.

paultzman

« Reply #1359 on: August 03, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »
“@WFAN660: #NCAA hoops notes from @JonRothstein: @KarrSampson14, @STJ_Basketball & more http://t.co/V5j2MlHv