Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies
Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2011, 01:18:01 AM »
you can really see how he became more and more comfortable playing the 4 as the seen progressed. I think he will contribute a great deal from the get go next year
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2011, 11:51:50 PM »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #162 on: March 16, 2011, 06:05:37 AM »
he looks more skilled than brownlee.  i'll accept he's playing against boys while brownlee plays against men.

Moose

« Reply #163 on: March 16, 2011, 06:40:33 AM »
he looks more skilled than brownlee.  i'll accept he's playing against boys while brownlee plays against men.

NEPSAC is a pretty talented conference.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #164 on: March 16, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »

yea he plays against khem birch maurice harkless andre drummond probably some more too

Marillac

« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2011, 01:30:06 AM »

I think Brewster would beat Nuri's juco by 30.  The talent in the NEPSAC is just absurd right now.

« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2011, 04:56:42 PM »

I think Brewster would beat Nuri's juco by 30.  The talent in the NEPSAC is just absurd right now.
Moose and Marillac are dead right on this. It is, by far, the toughest area to play in right now.
It beats the WCAC, Chicago Public, Southern California, North Jersey, CHSAA, Houston, etc.
Brewster alone goes 8 deep in D-I, 7 of them will be playing high-major.

By the end of the year, Angel Nunez, who went to ND Prep and is signed for Louisville, couldn't even get off the bench because of his defense.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/1885/NEPSAC-Announces-All-New-England-Selections.php

JaKarr made first team All-New England Class AAA (the toughest class--guys on the honorable mention are headed to the Big 10 & Big East). Harkless was named second-team.

« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2011, 01:50:52 PM »
Moose and Marillac are dead right on this. It is, by far, the toughest area to play in right now.
It beats the WCAC, Chicago Public, Southern California, North Jersey, CHSAA, Houston, etc.

By the end of the year, Angel Nunez, who went to ND Prep and is signed for Louisville, couldn't even get off the bench because of his defense.

http://www.newenglandrecruitingreport.com/news/article/1885/NEPSAC-Announces-All-New-England-Selections.php

JaKarr made first team All-New England Class AAA (the toughest class--guys on the honorable mention are headed to the Big 10 & Big East). Harkless was named second-team.

The talent in the NEPSAC was being mentioned in the game chat during the Big East Tournament.  Pretty insane talent.  Which is another reason why I'm high on Sampson and Harkless.

« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2011, 03:18:53 PM »

The talent in the NEPSAC was being mentioned in the game chat during the Big East Tournament.  Pretty insane talent.  Which is another reason why I'm high on Sampson and Harkless.
I'd love to see the top 8 teams in the NEPSAC play the 8 teams ESPN/Rise has put/concocted in their version of a "national title."

Moose

« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »
Not promising.

http://bit.ly/fEXBuX

Sources say that St. John's recruit Jakarr Sampson will probably do another year of Prep

« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2011, 04:43:10 PM »
Not promising.

Sources say that St. John's recruit Jakarr Sampson will probably do another year of Prep

Might be a good thing because he seems to be one of the most raw out of the 2011 class.

« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2011, 04:59:18 PM »
Not promising.

I have a hunch this is eligibility related, if true.  I guess this is the reason the Johnnies are pursuing Traylor AND God's Gift.

Moose

« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2011, 05:33:38 PM »
Not promising.

I have a hunch this is eligibility related, if true.  I guess this is the reason the Johnnies are pursuing Traylor AND God's Gift.

It's the only thing it can be.
But a few weeks ago the article from the Ohio paper sounded like he was all qualified.

« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2011, 06:18:20 PM »
I dont think this is worst thing in the world.

« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2011, 06:24:32 PM »
Maybe he realized his pt would be minimal?

Moose

« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2011, 06:41:58 PM »

Yeah thats it Baldi ::)

« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2011, 06:56:09 PM »

Yeah thats it Baldi ::)

Well someone posted eligibility wasnt an issue, another saying he was the rawest of the recruits

« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
He does need to get stronger if he wants to be a PF.  It may help us with some scholarship balance but I think it would benefit us if he came next year.  I think he may need a year to adjust to college because of his strength.   
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2011, 11:52:35 PM »
They ALL need to get stronger.

« Reply #179 on: April 11, 2011, 12:09:22 AM »
They ALL need to get stronger.

Like a great deal of high school players.  I continue to wonder why this is such a big topic when many high school players need to get stronger.  That'll come in time.  I'm more concerned about skill level.  Quite frankly, many of our recruits have a sufficient level of skill.