Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies
Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #380 on: October 04, 2011, 09:46:10 PM »
More than willing to accept Jakarr back with open arms! The prodigal son returns? :)

« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »
Per Zags....  Mark Turgeon (Maryland) is supposedly going to Brewster today to watch Sampson, as well as Mitch McGary.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/10/04/baylor-going-big-on-brewsters-sampson/
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:57:20 PM by mjdinkins »

sju89tr

« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2011, 07:27:02 PM »
More than willing to accept Jakarr back with open arms! The prodigal son returns? :)

I do too but if another top 50-60 kid who plays the 3/4 becomes available, we got to cut it off with Sampson 

crgreen

« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2011, 09:20:54 PM »

I do too but if another top 50-60 kid who plays the 3/4 becomes available, we got to cut it off with Sampson

Huh?  Why in the world wouldn't you want TWO top 50-60 kids who play the 3/4????????

Moose

« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2011, 09:53:13 PM »

Huh?  Why in the world wouldn't you want TWO top 50-60 kids who play the 3/4????????

Front court help is needed more and there are scholarship limits.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #385 on: October 07, 2011, 07:48:22 PM »

Its just too bad that coach Lavin, with more important things on his mind (as in his health) has to spend time chasing after a "de-commit" who has exhibited no loyalty to the St. John's family at all.  Personally, I say ... move on.  If the person exhibits such behavior before the wedding, what can one expect later on.

Poison

« Reply #386 on: October 07, 2011, 09:02:47 PM »
realfan is right. We shouldn't be chasing him. We already did our part as a University. When he grows up and does his, it could be revisited. We'll see if he gets it together.

LJSA

« Reply #387 on: October 07, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »
Its just too bad that coach Lavin, with more important things on his mind (as in his health) has to spend time chasing after a "de-commit" who has exhibited no loyalty to the St. John's family at all.

And that's why he's a master recruiter. I honestly expect all 17-year-olds to be dopey, but a parent or coach should point out to Sampson that Lavin was scheduled for surgery, and instead of taking it easy, trekked up there to see him before entering the hospital. Unfortunately, I suspect the coach is kind of a dick.

« Reply #388 on: October 07, 2011, 11:25:10 PM »
Its just too bad that coach Lavin, with more important things on his mind (as in his health) has to spend time chasing after a "de-commit" who has exhibited no loyalty to the St. John's family at all.

And that's why he's a master recruiter. I honestly expect all 17-year-olds to be dopey, but a parent or coach should point out to Sampson that Lavin was scheduled for surgery, and instead of taking it easy, trekked up there to see him before entering the hospital. Unfortunately, I suspect the coach is kind of a dick.
His AAU coach?

Moose

« Reply #389 on: October 07, 2011, 11:33:58 PM »

His AAU coach?

Don't want to speak for him but I think he means Brewster coach.

« Reply #390 on: October 07, 2011, 11:43:48 PM »

His AAU coach?

Don't want to speak for him but I think he means Brewster coach.

I wonder his reasoning for that, Coach Smith seems to be a great coach and guy but I may be entirely wrong

LJSA

« Reply #391 on: October 07, 2011, 11:44:25 PM »
You are correct -- I was talking about Brewster's coach. Although after those initial statements when the news first broke, the AAU guy proved himself to be kind of a dick as well.

LJSA

« Reply #392 on: October 07, 2011, 11:45:43 PM »
I wonder his reasoning for that, Coach Smith seems to be a great coach and guy but I may be entirely wrong

I may be entirely wrong, too. It's just a vibe I'm getting from him.

Moose

« Reply #393 on: October 08, 2011, 12:03:58 AM »

I may be entirely wrong, too. It's just a vibe I'm getting from him.

I've heard there is more smoke where that fire comes from.

NYCoffey

« Reply #394 on: October 13, 2011, 10:47:44 AM »
Not that I expected him to come, but Sampson is not attending any midnight madness events. I guess its good that he isn't going to any other schools, but being that Brewster is pretty close I was hoping he would come to St Johns.

pk

Re: So what is the latest status on the players?
« Reply #395 on: October 19, 2011, 01:26:20 AM »
Is Jakarr gone for good? If he's still open does he rethink us (for next season) if Garrett and Pelle are onboard come Dec.? What was Jakarr's relationship with the other frosh (and Lavin) before the NCAA hammer came down? I didn't like his quick decommit but maybe he still wants to join up seeing everyone else oncourt? Or just wishful thinking...

NYCoffey

« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
BrewsterHoops Jason Smith
#Baylor #Pitt #Providence all expected to attend Open Gym today at #Brewster to evaluate @KarrSampson14

LJSA

« Reply #397 on: October 19, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »
I just hope we land Obekpa before Jakarr signs elsewhere, so the staff can have the pleasure of calling him and saying that they will no longer be recruiting him.

sju89tr

« Reply #398 on: October 19, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
I just hope we land Obekpa before Jakarr signs elsewhere, so the staff can have the pleasure of calling him and saying that they will no longer be recruiting him.

At this point it would appear more likely to me to see Ralph Sampson hitting the floor for St Johns before Jakarr lol 

« Reply #399 on: October 19, 2011, 07:30:20 PM »

At this point it would appear more likely to me to see Ralph Sampson hitting the floor for St Johns before Jakarr lol
Why? What do you know that our other well informed posters don't know? Haven't heard the experts say he is no longer a possibility.