Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

Moose

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #400 on: October 19, 2011, 07:33:08 PM »
I just hope we land Obekpa before Jakarr signs elsewhere, so the staff can have the pleasure of calling him and saying that they will no longer be recruiting him.

At this point it would appear more likely to me to see Ralph Sampson hitting the floor for St Johns before Jakarr lol
Why? What do you know that our other well informed posters don't know? Haven't heard the experts say he is no longer a possibility.

Actually a lot have hinted its a big uphill fight.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #401 on: October 19, 2011, 07:35:21 PM »
I just hope we land Obekpa before Jakarr signs elsewhere, so the staff can have the pleasure of calling him and saying that they will no longer be recruiting him.

At this point it would appear more likely to me to see Ralph Sampson hitting the floor for St Johns before Jakarr lol
Why? What do you know that our other well informed posters don't know? Haven't heard the experts say he is no longer a possibility.

Less likely than signing Ralph Sampson as was opined?

Moose

« Reply #402 on: October 19, 2011, 07:43:18 PM »

Does Ralph have eligibility left?

« Reply #403 on: October 19, 2011, 07:47:22 PM »
Don't think so but I once told Dickie V that the Knicks should trade their whole team for Ralphie boy. :idiot2: On the other hand I was right about not liking the Knicks trading Lonnie Shelton to Seattle for Marvin the Human Eraser Webster as Lonnie helped the Sonics to the NBA championship.

Moose

« Reply #404 on: October 19, 2011, 07:53:05 PM »
Don't think so but I once told Dickie V that the Knicks should trade their whole team for Ralphie boy. :idiot2: On the other hand I was right about not liking the Knicks trading Lonnie Shelton to Seattle for Marvin the Human Eraser Webster as Lonnie helped the Sonics to the NBA championship.

Way before my time :)

But as for Jakarr its just a question of is there mutual interest and is the juice worth the squeeze.  Both are 50/50 I think.  There are some feelings lingering from not qualifying and you have to think that out of 3 kids, one might want a fresh start.  Also coming in for this year is different than next year.  So who knows but Ralph might be a safer bet :)

MCNPA

« Reply #405 on: October 19, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »
I'm passed expecting Jakarr to be here at SJU.  At least Garrett and Pelle have said they are on board.  I know Garrett is committed to getting here this December.  Pelle I think is also, but my guess is that he's tired of the situation he got himself into and our best bet at seeing him in a SJU uniform is having him get qualified this December.  I'm ok with moving past Jakarr if he doesn't want to be here.  I really dont want to lose Pelle who I think has a chance to be special with the right coaching at SJU.

Poison

« Reply #406 on: October 19, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »

Why? What do you know that our other well informed posters don't know? Haven't heard the experts say he is no longer a possibility

There's a poster that gives me very accurate inside info, and has for years. His initials are CS.

LJSA

« Reply #407 on: October 20, 2011, 03:45:27 AM »
There's a poster that gives me very accurate inside info, and has for years. His initials are CS.

Chuck Schumer?

sju89tr

« Reply #408 on: October 20, 2011, 09:30:52 AM »

No inside info Celtic, but the writing is on the wall, I assume if the early signing period passes and he has not signed elsewhere there is a chance he comes back but I think the Dunlap and Lavin visits up to Brewster were to ask Sampson if he was 100% on board to return to St Johns, and if not we had to explore our options as well of replacing his ship.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 09:31:50 AM by sju89tr »

« Reply #409 on: October 30, 2011, 01:20:25 PM »
No news of Jakarr taking officials to anywhere but Baylor ?

Even if he cant get eligible in Dec,
Sounds like he'll be a late signer ?
Molloy '71

« Reply #410 on: November 02, 2011, 10:01:33 PM »
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 08:17:35 AM by fordham96 »

Moose

« Reply #411 on: November 02, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »
Still keeing in touch with SJU:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/02/jakarr-sampson-likely-to-reclassify/

They use the trimester reason and if thats the case it can't bode well for Pelle either.

« Reply #412 on: November 10, 2011, 08:40:43 PM »
BigEastReport The Big East Report
Hearing a lot of mixed reports on JaKarr Sampson as of late. More in favor of St. John's then not though.

« Reply #413 on: November 10, 2011, 09:01:47 PM »
wish he  could elaborate more but its good news
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

« Reply #414 on: November 10, 2011, 09:29:02 PM »
I really love his game.  Hope Jakarr stays on board.

« Reply #415 on: November 11, 2011, 08:31:33 AM »
Hearing a lot of mixed reports on JaKarr Sampson as of late. More in favor of St. John's then not though.

Bigeastreport is a St Johns student who is "reporting" what he reads elsewhere for what it is worth
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #416 on: November 11, 2011, 01:08:09 PM »

Bigeastreport is a St Johns student who is "reporting" what he reads elsewhere for what it is worth

Do you think it is reliable then?

« Reply #417 on: November 11, 2011, 02:29:54 PM »

Do you think it is reliable then?

There is no news with Sampson
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

NYCoffey

« Reply #418 on: November 15, 2011, 01:22:53 PM »
Here are some clips from Brewsters first game. Jakarr is at the beginning.  It sounds like a long shot, but it would really be great to get this guy next year.

http://hoopdreamsmag.com/?p=2016

Moose

« Reply #419 on: November 15, 2011, 02:05:30 PM »
Here are some clips from Brewsters first game. Jakarr is at the beginning.  It sounds like a long shot, but it would really be great to get this guy next year.

http://hoopdreamsmag.com/?p=2016

Next year isn't necessarily a long shot.  We're still in it.