Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies
Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #480 on: December 02, 2011, 04:55:35 PM »
Dave, percentage Sampson or Gathers end up at SJU?

It's foolish to give percentages. St. John's is in good with Gathers but Sampson shocked the staff in opening his recruitment. It's doubtful he'll wind up here.
J Smith - KU pusher

How about Pelle??

MCNPA

« Reply #481 on: December 03, 2011, 09:57:53 AM »
I addition to PF's Perry Ellis and Landen Lucas and Peters,  Kansas just got a commit from top rated 6'7" wing Andrew White.  Gotta think, considering KU's existing talent as well as additions, this should only help us with Jakarr. 

MCNPA

« Reply #482 on: December 03, 2011, 09:58:49 AM »

It's foolish to give percentages. St. John's is in good with Gathers but Sampson shocked the staff in opening his recruitment. It's doubtful he'll wind up here.
J Smith - KU pusher

How about Pelle??

Jayson Smith doesn't coach Pelle. 

« Reply #483 on: December 03, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »

J Smith - KU pusher

How about Pelle??

He also is far from a Kansas pusher. Yes he has a good relationship with them but not all Brewster players go the Kansas, many Brewster alums are at many different schools. I like our chances getting Jakarr back

« Reply #484 on: December 03, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »

J Smith - KU pusher

How about Pelle??

He also is far from a Kansas pusher. Yes he has a good relationship with them but not all Brewster players go the Kansas, many Brewster alums are at many different schools. I like our chances getting Jakarr back
Of course, with a team producing many recruits, you are stating the obvious.  When is a relationship good or unhealthy? When it comes to recruiting, it's when a coach attempts to persuade a player to go to a school that the player may not have the best vibe with, but the coach pushes their own agenda w/o it looking as such.  and KU's obviously a great program, so it's hard to pinpoint.

NYCoffey

« Reply #485 on: December 05, 2011, 12:25:10 PM »
Pretty ironic. Brewster is playing Rise academy. I can see Jakarr taking a swing at somebody.

SalmonSportsGuy Joshua Spaulding
@BrewsterHoops hosts Rise Academy at 5 p.m. at the Smith Center.
4 hours ago
Retweeted by BrewsterHoops

NYCoffey

« Reply #486 on: December 06, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »
SalmonSportsGuy Joshua Spaulding
@BrewsterHoops beats Rise 102-57, six Bobcats in double figures, @KarrSampson14 leads the way with 19.

MCNPA

« Reply #487 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:42 AM »
Still gotta love what Jakarr brings to the table.  Not too many combo forwards in the class better than this kid.

JaKarr Sampson at the NH Prep Classic

« Reply #488 on: January 10, 2012, 10:28:07 AM »
Jakarr would be an AWESOME get. Kid is a gazelle in the truest sense 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #489 on: January 10, 2012, 10:52:32 AM »
Let just hope he comes back to us

sju89tr

« Reply #490 on: January 10, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »

He was the second to commit in 2011 and may be the second in 2012.

« Reply #491 on: January 10, 2012, 10:56:28 AM »

Works for me....

MCNPA

« Reply #492 on: January 10, 2012, 11:02:19 AM »

He took a year to get the schoolwork done.  He has good friends already in the team.  It's a natural fit.  Would love the kid to re-commit and come back home where he belongs. 

DFF6

« Reply #493 on: January 10, 2012, 11:09:50 AM »

He took a year to get the schoolwork done.  He has good friends already in the team.  It's a natural fit.  Would love the kid to re-commit and come back home where he belongs.

Anyone know if Jakarr has stayed in close contact with anyone on the team?  I remember Amir saying that he was working on Jakarr to re-commit to SJU, but I am curious to learn whether anyone has been consistently communicating with Jakarr.

sju89tr

« Reply #494 on: January 10, 2012, 11:12:42 AM »

Anyone know if Jakarr has stayed in close contact with anyone on the team?  I remember Amir saying that he was working on Jakarr to re-commit to SJU, but I am curious to learn whether anyone has been consistently communicating with Jakarr.

He doesn't tweet much so hard to say but I have heard that he is very close to the program.

DFF6

« Reply #495 on: January 10, 2012, 11:27:30 AM »

He doesn't tweet much so hard to say but I have heard that he is very close to the program.

Thanks.  The thought of Jakarr playing with this group next year makes me as excited as a kid on the night before Christmas.

MCNPA

« Reply #496 on: January 10, 2012, 11:59:12 AM »
Jakarr is a ton like UK's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist in his game.  Jakarr taller though and better in the open court.  Really crossing my fingers we can add him.

« Reply #497 on: January 10, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »
Jakarr is a ton like UK's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist in his game.  Jakarr taller though and better in the open court.  Really crossing my fingers we can add him.
Gilchrist great in open court and has already proven he can do it at highest level of college ball. That said love Jakarr's game and open court ability and would welcome him back into the St J's family with open arms.

« Reply #498 on: January 10, 2012, 07:30:48 PM »
Gilchrist was the #3 recruit in the country last year, #1WF.  Sampson was only #40 and #10.  ; )

Sampson would be a great get as would any of the bigs we're discussing.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:31:06 PM by yankcranker »

Mike

« Reply #499 on: January 10, 2012, 08:50:26 PM »
Gilchrist was the #3 recruit in the country last year, #1WF.  Sampson was only #40 and #10.  ; )

Sampson would be a great get as would any of the bigs we're discussing.

MCNPA can make anything sound good ;)