Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH - ST. JOHN'S

• 1462 replies

DFF6

Re: Jakarr Sampson - SF - Brewster Academy - Akron, OH
« Reply #580 on: January 30, 2012, 12:44:52 PM »
I actually agree with Poison on this one. 

Either pick St. John's or cross them off the list. You already committed once. Everyone , with the exception of Pelle, is here.  Team shows promise, desperately need a power forward, and Lavin has come out and said he's back.  Throw in the the fact that Lavin is still seeing this kid at every possible chance. 

I know its a big decision and all that, but he already made his decision last year.  Don't play us Jakarr!

I feel the same way.  Compounding matters, if after all of the chasing and love that Lavin & co. have thrown at Jakarr post de-committing, Jakarr spurns us (again), and chooses another school, it makes our recruiting efforts look pretty weak. 

derk

« Reply #581 on: January 30, 2012, 01:26:34 PM »
I actually agree with Poison on this one. 

Either pick St. John's or cross them off the list. You already committed once. Everyone , with the exception of Pelle, is here.  Team shows promise, desperately need a power forward, and Lavin has come out and said he's back.  Throw in the the fact that Lavin is still seeing this kid at every possible chance. 

I know its a big decision and all that, but he already made his decision last year.  Don't play us Jakarr!

While I'm confident Coach will be back, I can't fault a kid who is not convinced, and feels that the coach is the major reason for his selection. And just like for Coach having one shot to come back before he loses credilbility, the kid who already decommitted does not want to have to decommit a second time.

Tha Kid

« Reply #582 on: January 30, 2012, 01:42:14 PM »
Thanks for sharing Moose.  Hope we can nab Jakar..
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #583 on: February 02, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »
Going to visit Kansas soon for the Missouri game.  Says SJU, Kansas, Providence, Baylor and Florida are the main one's recruiting him.  Per scout.com:

“Coach (Bill) Self from Kansas, Coach (Steve) Lavin from St. John’s, Coach (Scott) Drew from Baylor, Coach (Ed) Cooley from Providence, and Coach (Billy) Donovan from Florida have been the main ones,” said Sampson of who is recruiting him the hardest.

To date his only trip has been to Baylor, but the Bears Big XII rival Kansas is now set to get a trip from Sampson.

“I have a visit set up with Kansas for an official visit for when they play Missouri,” said Sampson. “That should be a good game and a good atmosphere.”

Likewise the school he originally signed with, St. John’s, remains firmly in the picture.

“It has been hard to watch them, but I am proud of those guys,” said Sampson of the Red Storm. “All of those guys are playing well together and they are growing as players. I just have a great relationship with Coach Lavin. We talk probably twice a week and it is always good.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1155038.html

« Reply #584 on: February 02, 2012, 01:02:24 PM »
Going to visit Kansas soon for the Missouri game.  Says SJU, Kansas, Providence, Baylor and Florida are the main one's recruiting him.  Per scout.com:

“Coach (Bill) Self from Kansas, Coach (Steve) Lavin from St. John’s, Coach (Scott) Drew from Baylor, Coach (Ed) Cooley from Providence, and Coach (Billy) Donovan from Florida have been the main ones,” said Sampson of who is recruiting him the hardest.

To date his only trip has been to Baylor, but the Bears Big XII rival Kansas is now set to get a trip from Sampson.

“I have a visit set up with Kansas for an official visit for when they play Missouri,” said Sampson. “That should be a good game and a good atmosphere.”

Likewise the school he originally signed with, St. John’s, remains firmly in the picture.

“It has been hard to watch them, but I am proud of those guys,” said Sampson of the Red Storm. “All of those guys are playing well together and they are growing as players. I just have a great relationship with Coach Lavin. We talk probably twice a week and it is always good.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1155038.html

Hope seeing a game at Fog  Allen doesnt have too much of an effect on him.

In the end I think lavs relationship with him will win out
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #585 on: February 02, 2012, 01:20:25 PM »
Does he have any say into where his players go to school?
This clown has been my concern all along.   I just think Smith is trying to get himself in good with Self.  I still have no support for that speculation of mine.

« Reply #586 on: February 02, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »
"It has been hard to watch them, but I am proud of those guys,” said Sampson of the Red Storm. “All of those guys are playing well together and they are growing as players. I just have a great relationship with Coach Lavin. We talk probably twice a week and it is always good.”

Whats the wait then? You were signed on & ready last year, jump back on now

Marillac

« Reply #587 on: February 02, 2012, 04:12:40 PM »
This clown has been my concern all along.   I just think Smith is trying to get himself in good with Self.  I still have no support for that speculation of mine.

Smith doesn't push anyone to Kansas.  That is straight from posters on this site. 

« Reply #588 on: February 02, 2012, 04:31:12 PM »
"It has been hard to watch them, but I am proud of those guys,” said Sampson of the Red Storm. “All of those guys are playing well together and they are growing as players. I just have a great relationship with Coach Lavin. We talk probably twice a week and it is always good.”

Whats the wait then? You were signed on & ready last year, jump back on now

He can make it easier to watch when he is going coast to coast and slashing down the middle for us,

sju89tr

« Reply #589 on: February 02, 2012, 04:54:37 PM »

Smith doesn't push anyone to Kansas.  That is straight from posters on this site.

I totally disagree, Brewster coach has an agenda......FOR HIMSELF

« Reply #590 on: February 02, 2012, 05:07:16 PM »

I totally disagree, Brewster coach has an agenda......FOR HIMSELF

Ya, Im sure he took note reading this thread

« Reply #591 on: February 02, 2012, 06:01:31 PM »
I was just thinking. It would be hilarious if Lavin bought a ticket to go see the Kansas/Missouri game.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #592 on: February 02, 2012, 07:15:02 PM »
I was just thinking. It would be hilarious if Lavin bought a ticket to go see the Kansas/Missouri game.

Violation, though right?
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #593 on: February 02, 2012, 09:39:59 PM »
http://coxsportsonline.com/archives/2898

Interview talking about his game today with some game clips along with a recruiting update

« Reply #594 on: February 02, 2012, 11:14:40 PM »
Would have been nice if he had mentioned SJU first among his list of suitors.  Looks like Providence is going after him hard.  I wonder if he knows that we love him more?!

Gumby

« Reply #595 on: February 03, 2012, 12:13:24 AM »
Would have been nice if he had mentioned SJU first among his list of suitors.  Looks like Providence is going after him hard.  I wonder if he knows that we love him more?!

Gee, there are nearly 600 posts on this JS forum.  I would say JS knows we care big time.   We even cared when he decommitted.

We have something no other school, including PC has, his potential team mates at St. John's care big time about him. 

I do not see JS going to Providence.  Another big time program, possibly.

Moose

« Reply #596 on: February 03, 2012, 07:37:48 AM »

Gee, there are nearly 600 posts on this JS forum.  I would say JS knows we care big time.   We even cared when he decommitted.

We have something no other school, including PC has, his potential team mates at St. John's care big time about him. 

The length of the thread did wonders for Kyle eh?

Gumby

« Reply #597 on: February 03, 2012, 07:50:39 AM »

I never said JS was definitely coming here, rather the posters on JJ and others care for him.  He will end up wherever he wants to.  Coach's health, to me, seems a big issue, but hey, you never know with recruits now days.  Regarding KA, I thought his "Vince Chase" necklace was a telling indicator of where he was going to end up.  We need to know what type of necklace JS is wearing.

Moose

« Reply #598 on: February 03, 2012, 08:41:12 AM »

I never said JS was definitely coming here, rather the posters on JJ and others care for him.  He will end up wherever he wants to.  Coach's health, to me, seems a big issue, but hey, you never know with recruits now days.  Regarding KA, I thought his "Vince Chase" necklace was a telling indicator of where he was going to end up.  We need to know what type of necklace JS is wearing.

But you still had your Kyle commitment party even with his Vinny Chase moniker. :)

NYCoffey

« Reply #599 on: February 03, 2012, 11:33:34 AM »
Jakarr Sampson (Brewster Academy 2012) – Sampson played as well as I’ve ever seen from him in Brewster’s victory this afternoon. He has always been potent using a couple dribbles to attack the rim and showcase his absurd athleticism. Today, Sampson punished defenders for playing off him by consistently knocking down mid range jumpers from 12-18 feet. When that shot is falling he becomes basically unguardable because combined with his driving ability leaves defenders to pick their poison. On top of all his impressive offense, Sampson was the catalyst for Brewster defensively playing the top of their full court press. His length and quickness caused turnover after turnover often leading to rim shaking dunks. Undefeated Brewster was frankly in a bit of trouble before going to the press and letting Sampson wreck havoc. He made it obvious why he is one of the most sought after uncommitted players remaining in the 2012 class.

Jakarr Sampson (Brewster Academy 2012) – After not qualifying at St. John’s this season Sampson is taking his time with his decision the 2nd time around. The Johnnies are still involved along with Providence, Kansas, Louisville, Baylor and Pittsburgh. Sampson has a visit to Kansas set on February 25th for their game with Missouri. No other visits are planned as of now but he hopes to visit Providence, Louisville and Baylor. He’s looking for an up-tempo, pressure style as well as somewhere where he’ll be able to play right away.

http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2012-0203/2012-national-prep-school-invitational-day-one/