Paris and DJ Can't Shoot Today

• 25 replies

redstorm32

Paris and DJ Can't Shoot Today
« on: December 02, 2007, 11:08:07 PM »
but will be able to shoot tomorrow

the work ethic of these 2 is impeccable

between classes and practice these 2 can be found shooting and working on their jumper

with work ethic like these 2 by next year they should be more successful shooters

the talent is there, the work ethic is there, the results will be there

Randomhero423

Re: Paris and DJ Can't Shoot Today
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 11:14:51 PM »
wright was the worst of them all i think.

i think if AMJR it would be a diff game entirely.  but if's don't matter.

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:20:54 PM »
DJ plays his ass off and think a performance like today's game will be rare in his career with us. Same goes with Paris.
We Not Me

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 11:34:45 PM »
Paris was 4 of 8 today i said it last week on jungle radio and i'll say it again i'll take that every game. He hit a nice outside shot as soon as he checked in. His set shots look better than his shots off the dribble as sometimes he overshoots when he is shooting off the dribble.

DJ shoot the ball like a dart. Not a lot of arc but I like his form as he keeps his elbow in and I think he needs to create off the dribble more. I think he didn't do enough today, he didn't do anything particularly bad though either.

We were just flat and I thought we could have run on this team but we didn't see the uptempo team Norm supposedly wants to run.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 11:36:49 PM »
i don't think lawrence is able to be "the straw that stirs the drink' in a running offense.  boothe defintely is. but not lawrence.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 11:41:53 PM »
i don't think lawrence is able to be "the straw that stirs the drink' in a running offense.  boothe defintely is. but not lawrence.

What did Boothe do today or all season to justify this statement?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 12:24:40 AM »
yankeez, DJ was ok today but ive said it since the beginning of the season that i dont think hes going to put up big #s (at least this year) against major teams.  he's going to do a lot of little things well that will help the team win a few of the big games but hes not going to be a big guy numbers wise.   he just doesn't have those tools to do it and i hope people that havent seen him in person can see what i mean about his handle.  he cant go full speed with his handle because he loses control of it too much. i think if he can keep it under control when going full speed he'll be a good penetrating player. 
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 01:22:21 AM »
I appreciate the way DJ attacks the basket, but was not finishing today.  I think it is mainly because the looks werent as good.  Considering it was a real team. 

I dont think Paris is a BE player. 

We could have used QC today.  Our front court is going to be outmatched all season long.  TJ played well i thought and showed good effort.  Coker and Evans wont be any help this year. 

I thought we were done throwing up nba 3's, guess not. 

After watching today's game, 13 wins is about right.

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2007, 02:23:40 AM »
wow, i think paris is definetely a big east player.  he's got all the physical tools and hes the type of player thats going to piece everything together soon IMO.  i do agree with you though that sju will be outmatched for 90% of the big east games at the center position.  they both play hard but tj just isnt all that good and dele isn't a very intelligent player and he gets tired after about 4 or 5 minutes of game action.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2007, 08:29:46 AM »
but will be able to shoot tomorrow

sorry..it doesn't count in practice.

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2007, 08:57:16 AM »
yankeez, DJ was ok today but ive said it since the beginning of the season that i dont think hes going to put up big #s (at least this year) against major teams.  he's going to do a lot of little things well that will help the team win a few of the big games but hes not going to be a big guy numbers wise.   he just doesn't have those tools to do it and i hope people that havent seen him in person can see what i mean about his handle.  he cant go full speed with his handle because he loses control of it too much. i think if he can keep it under control when going full speed he'll be a good penetrating player. 

DJ wuz the second leading scorer wit 10 pts. He got hisself 6 boards 2 dimes and 2 assists and 2 TOs. And he aint gonna be puttin up numbers?
From all I hears, it wudn't DJ who hurt us t'day. 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

redstorm32

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2007, 09:21:50 AM »
hey krusty since you failed reading comp i understand that you didn't understand that was a metaphor

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 10:06:14 AM »
I appreciate the way DJ attacks the basket, but was not finishing today.  I think it is mainly because the looks werent as good.  Considering it was a real team. 

I dont think Paris is a BE player. 

We could have used QC today.  Our front court is going to be outmatched all season long.  TJ played well i thought and showed good effort.  Coker and Evans wont be any help this year. 

I thought we were done throwing up nba 3's, guess not. 

After watching today's game, 13 wins is about right.

Calhoun would have been mauled by that Miami frontline.  Did you see those guys?  QC would need a lot more muscle to handle them.  And I say this as someone who misses him.

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 10:14:00 AM »
hey krusty since you failed reading comp i understand that you didn't understand that was a metaphor

a metaphor for what?  i don't deal in metaphors...i deal in reality.

Poison

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 10:20:25 AM »
yankeez, DJ was ok today but ive said it since the beginning of the season that i dont think hes going to put up big #s (at least this year) against major teams.  he's going to do a lot of little things well that will help the team win a few of the big games but hes not going to be a big guy numbers wise.   he just doesn't have those tools to do it and i hope people that havent seen him in person can see what i mean about his handle.  he cant go full speed with his handle because he loses control of it too much. i think if he can keep it under control when going full speed he'll be a good penetrating player. 

DJ wuz the second leading scorer wit 10 pts. He got hisself 6 boards 2 dimes and 2 assists and 2 TOs. And he aint gonna be puttin up numbers?

Youy're right Choz, it wasn't DJ, it was our coach.

Tha Kid

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 10:23:04 AM »
guys, anyone who watched the game had to realize somethin about DJ.  He got the yips.  Well, kinda.  He was not his normal aggressive self in the first half.  As a frosh, this was bound to happen at some point, and I'm glad he got it out of his system against Miami.  Second half when he REALIZED he needed to be that same agressive guy, he got some more boards, attacked the hoop more, and played like, well, the DJ we all know and love.

Burrell, DJ, and Paris are ALL going to help us come BE time, and I really think Boothe is too.  Hopefully Coker can improve to help, and we can cross our fingers on RT.

Oh yeah there's this guy Mase that's waitin and itchin' to get back in the game.  It's ONE game fellas, let's see how we do in Hawaii.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2007, 10:37:04 AM »
It's not just ONE game....its been over THREE seasons of this with no sign of stopping

I would even feel better if we had one decent pg or big man coming in next year

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
Real good to hear these 2 work hard on their shot.  It's funny how Paris nice form and arc but misses a lot and DJ has a line drive shot that goes in.  I guess whatever makes it go in is ok.  I believe if Paris develops a decent shot he can be a superstar here so keep working hard kid.

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 12:48:23 PM »
granted...there's no substitute for hard work.  these kids are athletic.  if some are really gym rats, they'll be good.

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 02:19:26 PM »

i never said it was dj that hurt the team at all. i thought dj played pretty well but all im saying is that i dont think hes ever going to be the "star" (nothing wrong with that), but what he currently/will be is, IF there are the proper pieces around him, a role player that can play a major role in a championship or winning team. 

i understand that dele is a freshman however this team needs him to play minutes this year and if he doesn't play smarter it will be a long rest of the season.  i think what norm should consider is going small at times with geno/malik, wright, dj/rob thomas (if healthy), mase and burrell on the floor.  this will give them an athletic and good defensive team that can run the floor and if they are anal with boxing out they wont be that bad on the boards.