14th???

• 49 replies

Moose

Re: 14th???
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2011, 04:03:01 PM »
I think we finish somewhere in the 8-10 slot.

Lavin said last year just before the season started that he preferred man to man defense but the team (then) wasn't suited for it. This one is and I think we see a lot more of it under certain circumstances but still will use the matchup zone. Look at how effective it was last year with less able manpower. The fly in its ointment was the hot shooter from three-point territory which killed us earlier in the season. We should be much better with that this year.

I think Lavin preferred the man but Dunlap preferred the matchup zone.  In addition remember that 90 feet of heat we had in the beginning of the year.  It pretty much disappeared towards the end of the year because we didn't have the horses.  I expect that to return.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »
USF takes a hit as Sr. PG Anthony Crater is dismissed.

http://bit.ly/lJzD8J

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 08:24:19 PM »
...(Anyone know why Harrison isn't at IS8?)

Only mention of it came in Adam Zagoria's blog yesterday:

"...And Harkless and Sampson could be joined for that game [IS8 semifinal game next Saturday] by fellow St. John’s signees D’Angelo Harrison, a 6-3 guard from Texas, and Norvel Pelle, a 6-10 center from California.
 `I’m going to see if they’re available,' Real Scout coach Nate Blue said of Harrison and Pelle. `If they’re available, then there’s a great chance that they’ll be here.'
Looking ahead to the semis, Real Scout could potentially feature four St. John’s signees in Harkless, Sampson, Harrison and Pelle.

`Definitely Norvel, I don’t know about D’Angelo,' Sampson said. `That’s going to be fun, that’s going to be fun.'”

Moose

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2011, 08:31:42 PM »
...(Anyone know why Harrison isn't at IS8?)

Only mention of it came in Adam Zagoria's blog yesterday:

"...And Harkless and Sampson could be joined for that game [IS8 semifinal game next Saturday] by fellow St. John’s signees D’Angelo Harrison, a 6-3 guard from Texas, and Norvel Pelle, a 6-10 center from California.
 `I’m going to see if they’re available,' Real Scout coach Nate Blue said of Harrison and Pelle. `If they’re available, then there’s a great chance that they’ll be here.'
Looking ahead to the semis, Real Scout could potentially feature four St. John’s signees in Harkless, Sampson, Harrison and Pelle.

`Definitely Norvel, I don’t know about D’Angelo,' Sampson said. `That’s going to be fun, that’s going to be fun.'”

http://bit.ly/jP7qIE

No Pelle at IS8 per this tweet.

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2011, 02:35:51 PM »
Think St Johns will be better than Rutgers next year?

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
i do baldi
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 03:34:55 PM »
i do baldi

Its tough, theyll have a nice frontcourt with Biruta,Randall,Jack and Dane Miller. Some good guards too, I like Mack alot

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2011, 03:40:39 PM »
I like their team and their coach I just think well be to0 deep for them and I hope our zone gives biruta problems cause he is there one big advantage.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

derk

« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2011, 01:42:18 PM »
i do baldi

Its tough, theyll have a nice frontcourt with Biruta,Randall,Jack and Dane Miller. Some good guards too, I like Mack alot

They'll be much improved with a talent upgrade and experience in Biruta and Miller

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2011, 02:32:13 PM »
i do baldi

They'll be much improved with a talent upgrade and experience in Biruta and Miller

Ya, I think Biruta will be the best big man in the conference the next 3 years, beast.  Looking at their recruiting page on rivals, Jerome Seagers is 4 stars-Myles Mack is 3.  Do both start or is Mike Poole the SG?