South Florida - Game Thread

• 128 replies

boo3

Re: South Florida - Game Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »
LOL things have gotten so pathetic around here that people are saying, "hey, atleast we're not 0-6."  You guys would make great CEO's of companies.

NEWSFLASH:  Pitt has established itself as a premier program in this country.  they've been to, what- 9 straight ncaa tournaments? 

St. John's is no longer a premier program...Pitt is, and can afford to have a down season.

We can't afford to have a down season? We just had a a down DECADE... we have nowhere else to go but up. 

Things aren't going swimmingly, no question, but I'm 100x more confident that we're moving in the right direction than I have been at any time since the end of the Fran era.

Good post Desco.  Everyone step away from the ledge, take a deep breath.

« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2012, 11:27:26 AM »
LOL things have gotten so pathetic around here that people are saying, "hey, atleast we're not 0-6."  You guys would make great CEO's of companies.

NEWSFLASH:  Pitt has established itself as a premier program in this country.  they've been to, what- 9 straight ncaa tournaments? 

St. John's is no longer a premier program...Pitt is, and can afford to have a down season.

We can't afford to have a down season? We just had a a down DECADE... we have nowhere else to go but up. 

Things aren't going swimmingly, no question, but I'm 100x more confident that we're moving in the right direction than I have been at any time since the end of the Fran era.

Well, we've regressed from last season, which was to be completely expected...but even I didn't expect it to be THIS bad. 

My expectations were minimal, but I atleast thought we'd resemble a Big East basketball team.  Lower-tier, nonetheless.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:27:42 AM by IllWill »

boo3

« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2012, 11:28:03 AM »

I bet you that 90% of the best Ceo's on the planet have read the Norman Vincent Peale book" The Power of Positive Thinking"..

try it sometime.

« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2012, 11:31:25 AM »
I don't know what everyones upset,2013 is the year we make a move up.

boo3

« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2012, 11:34:03 AM »

There you go!  Exactly.  I feel like i've been saying this for 10 years now..

DFF6

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2012, 11:37:33 AM »

This is like George Costanza's opposite day. Moose can't think of anything positive to post, and Baldi is singing the sun will come out tomorrow (in 2013).   8)  If IllWill posts that he likes Greene's jump shot, I guess I'll start rooting for Rider.

desco80

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2012, 11:46:01 AM »

I bet you that 90% of the best Ceo's on the planet have read the Norman Vincent Peale book" The Power of Positive Thinking"..

try it sometime.

Clearly Lavin has.  Somebody was quoted not that long ago as saying it's impossible not to be enthusiastic after spending time around him.   Even if the staff is thinking "Oh shit we're getting killed this season in the paint, we better add two quality post players ASAP" .. they're not going to come out and say that.

If anything we need more of coach's positive energy around the program.

desco80

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2012, 11:56:08 AM »

Well, we've regressed from last season, which was to be completely expected...but even I didn't expect it to be THIS bad. 

My expectations were minimal, but I atleast thought we'd resemble a Big East basketball team.  Lower-tier, nonetheless.

I think we will by the end of the season Will.  And even you have to admit that at times we've looked like a Big East caliber team.   A half against Marquette, the Cincinnati game, the Providence game obviously.   I'm picking straws, I know!  But by the end of the season we'll look much better than we do right now. 

We're 2-5 since conference play started.  I really don't think it's out of the question that we keep that pace up.  With 13 games left that means we win another 4.   And it's not just how many we win, but I think we'll start to lose better too if that makes any sense. 

Things are bad, but really they can't get any worse than they were during some of those 9,11,12 win seasons during Norm.   We're in a far better position than we were then. 

« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2012, 10:51:19 PM »

I dont wanna say this but jumping off this ship is pretty understandable if u are a player who wants to win and play for a Div level coach

This is just crazy talk. I'm pretty sure any poster here with the name Ill in his handle must be nuts

That's like the 5th time in this thread you have referenced or alluded to me...your obsession is disturbing.  But I think it points to the fact that most posters here know that most of what I say is a fair assesment of the team, they just don't want to admit it.  If my points/opinions were completely absurd, I would just be ignored.

Yeah I kind of apologize. Instead of referencing you I should have just said what I thought. That your nuts. You could be the nicest guy in the world ( and I've met a bunch of the nuts here who turned out to be nicer than me ) but I'm being totally honest that on game threads you are straight jacket nuts.

I shouldn't have singled you out so I apologize but it's just you are the craziest in the asylum which makes you easier to single out other than that medium snug tee shirt guy.