Omari Lawrence - SG - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY - ST. JOHN's (Signed LOI)

• 260 replies

kjd01067

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:30:16 PM by kjd01067 »

mkras99

Very good interview by purple of redmen.com:

http://www.redmen.com/redmentalk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36513

man that interview sounded (read) bad for SJU. the kid was being nice to norm and the administration. SJU wasnt even mentioned. what a shame.

i wonder if louie in his heyday could landed 2 or 3 possible NYC recruits for 2009, the talent alone in 2009 is fab5 caliber.

stephenson
scott
lawrence
parrom
Padgett

pmg911

man that interview sounded (read) bad for SJU. the kid was being nice to norm and the administration. SJU wasnt even mentioned. what a shame.

i wonder if louie in his heyday could landed 2 or 3 possible NYC recruits for 2009, the talent alone in 2009 is fab5 caliber.

stephenson
scott
lawrence
parrom
Padgett

Coach Carnesecca ALWAYS got players...

kob24

omari still likes st.johns alot. he would want to stay home. all is not lost trust me

We should offer both Omari and Parrom if they want to play together.

kjd01067

Im pretty sure we have already offered both of them.  Would have to ask KOB to be sure though.

Randomhero423

gotta get at least one..

omari still likes st.johns alot. he would want to stay home. all is not lost trust me
with or without the current regime?

kob, i believe you have stated before that omari and kevin both still like st johns and would possibly like to stay home. Do you think if cross came hear to join the staff it would help our chances with them? thanks
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

kob24

gotta get at least one..
no sir u have to get both to get things popping again. those are two players that as a st. johns fan u should be drooling over

Randomhero423

i'd LOVE both.  but we need at least one.  i can't see omari taking us over arizona/memphis.  but if we get both i'd be very confident. 

parrom can flourish in a uptempo system.  he was very veyr good vs. lance. 

Well Chuckie Martin is at Marist and he was the one who was recruiting Omari to go to Memphis.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 01:58:40 AM by Marco Baldi »
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Im sure he wont have the same payroll to recruit with at Marist
« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 02:02:03 AM by Marco Baldi »

kob24

lol omari will not be going to marist hes a high major player. but chuckie is gonna get it poppin.  and coach bricia is recruiting omari so yall still have a shot

lol omari will not be going to marist hes a high major player. but chuckie is gonna get it poppin.  and coach bricia is recruiting omari so yall still have a shot

we all have a shot.....you have to start including yourself in the st. john's family.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

we all have a shot.....you have to start including yourself in the st. john's family.
i cant i have other players in other schools so i cant be one sided.

thanks for your honesty...it makes you a very good read and it enhances this site big time.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2008/05/jamel-jackson-commits-to-seton.html
In the wake of Kevin Parrom’s altercation with St. Ray’s coach Oliver Antigua, talk has surfaced that the 6-6 swingman is transferring. Although a destination has not yet been named, South Kent Prep in Connecticut is the most popular rumor.

Parrom’s not the only one who may be leaving St. Ray’s either. There’s more and more talk that Omari Lawrence (r.), the Ravens’ sublime rising senior guard, may head to a prep as well. Lawrence didn’t exactly deny that it’s a possibility at IS8 yesterday, either.

“All I know,” he said, “is that right now, I play for St. Ray’s.”

Wherever Lawrence plays next season, he’ll be primed for a monster year. Already one of the best players in the city, he showcased a bigger frame when his Panthers lost to Playaz in the IS8 semis. That should aid him in his aggressive forays to the hole next season.

Lawrence is being courted by loads of high-major programs, but word has it that Arizona is the front-runner. Memphis, St. John’s and a host of others are also involved

Randomhero423

his court demeaner suggests he's not a big fan of antigua