Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY - ARIZONA

• 287 replies
Re: Kevin Parrom - SF - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY
« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
I don't see Uconn going hard after Parrom.  They already have a highly ranked SF committed for 2009. 

I'm more worried about Omari...but like the fact that Omari still calls us the leader after the visit.  Hopefully Norm stays on him and he doesn't get wooed by a big name.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2008, 11:15:58 AM »
Parrom has a long list of suitors and I don't think he is quite ready to narrow down. Perhaps next week some more news might come out about his list.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2008, 11:23:08 AM »
article is very well done.  if i had to guess...he's not coming.  the uconn wall of fame impressed him a bit too much.

we should have a wall...we've had more players in the nba than uconn..sadly though, not recently.

I Know the Parrom's pretty well.  They were more impressed with Norm graduating all his players, Than Calhouns "Wall of Fame". 

Can you comment on this situation any further ?

If your a one and done player or have those asperations that wall of fame might sway u.  If you come from a good house hold with solid values; A four year degree from an institution with ties to some of the most powerfull zip codes (10004 and 10005) in the world, that will be more appealing.
The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event.

« Reply #103 on: August 15, 2008, 02:28:26 PM »
a solid nba career means you can buy your own zip code.

« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2008, 12:15:02 PM »
I think it was interesting his opinion of the campus. I also thought Magic Johnson was a very interesting comparison. I'd like a Magic on the Red Storm.

« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2008, 12:39:07 PM »
As a fan, I don't think you can worry aout UConn getting involved until they formally offer either of these guys. As it is, they're tight on scholarships and have had Coombs locked up for several years.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2008, 12:56:52 AM »
article is very well done.  if i had to guess...he's not coming.  the uconn wall of fame impressed him a bit too much.

we should have a wall...we've had more players in the nba than uconn..sadly though, not recently.

I Know the Parrom's pretty well.  They were more impressed with Norm graduating all his players, Than Calhouns "Wall of Fame".  

"The phrase perfect storm refers to the a simultaneous occurrence of events which, taken individually, would be far less powerful than the result of their chance combination. Such occurrences are, by their very nature, rare, and so even a slight change in any one event contributing to a ‘perfect storm’ would be sufficient to lessen the overall power of the final event."     

That's good to know/hear revolution..  ;D .. keep the insightfull posts coming... btw - just another "tid-bit" of info regarding our recruits u won't find anywhere else..  8) .. long live the jungle!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:29:20 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2008, 04:46:00 PM »
From Zags....

Kevin Parrom says he’s considering attending South Carolina, and it can’t hurt that Michael Boynton, a Brooklyn native who played at Bishop Loughlin High, is an assistant there.

“I talked to coach Boynton a couple of days ago,” Parrom told PalmettoSports.com, which covers South Carolina hoops. “South Carolina is still up there in the mix. They will most likely be in my top five. They’ve been loyal to me and they are just a good school.”

Interesting an assistant from NY with ties to Kev has an impact in the recruiting him....

“I’ve tried cutting the list down but schools keep contacting me and offering me, so that makes it hard,” Parrom told PalmettoSports.

Pretty interesting quote and thats exactly the vibe I got when interviewing Kev the other day. If college was a girl....he isn't exactly looking for a girlfriend just yet. I don't blame him either if I was an up and coming prospect I'd be playing the field for all I could too.

« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2008, 08:27:24 AM »
Kevin Parrom

It wuz like 15 or 20 year ago and I wuz still in high school doin my thing when I first heard the term: "point forward."  Thought to myselves well Im a forward but I sure dont know what a point forward is all 'bout. The I heard who they was talkin bout: Chris Mullin. And I says to myselves, "Yeah, now Im understandin."

The point forward position is basically a small forward who can do at least two thing: dribble the ball decent and pass like he got eyes in the back of his head. Kevin Parrom aint no Chris Mullin (yet), but he a tru point forward in my estimation and one of the most talented playas on the scene.

First thing first... Kev is about 6'6" and has broad shoulders like Omari. Had a lil baby fat on him that is disappearin wit age, mo playin and his own motivation. But he use his body well 'gainst competition when drivin to the hole. Shoulder down, eyes up and you dont wanna stand in his way. Kev runs well and jumps well, but he aint no Tev Baskin. His game is less 'bout athleticism and mo 'bout tru skill. But dont get me wrong, the brother can run and gun wit the big boys.

Kev got hisself an innate feel fo the game. He seem to know where evrybdy is on the floor and so he make some excellent decisions.  He got hisself an excellent look away pass thats flashy but not too flashy. When he run he gets to the middle of the floor when he has the ball and usually make the right pass fo an easy two (he also fill the wing the right way on the break when he dont got the ball). He's the kinda playa when things is breakin down that you glad the ball is in his hand. All that said, I truly beleive wit a lil ball handlin improvement that Kev could easly be a 2 in college cause that bring us to the next thing.

Kev has made amazin strides in the last few year wit his J. He still fall back sometime, but man that thing is rainin most of the time. Kev has become a very good outside shooter and wit his height is difficult to defend on the high school level. He can catch and shoot well and hot the J off the dribble on a very consistent type basis.

Kev gotta learn to be mo aggressive. Thats why kob and me and a lotta other peeps was shocked bout what happen wit Kev and Coach Antigua. Kid is mild mannered to a fault and then he go rumble wit coach? He needs to act mo serious on D like evry high schooler. He can rebound well 'casue of his body size when he block out.

Anyways, like Omari, I'm crazy sad this brother wont be playin his senior season in the CHSAA. Them two woulda done wonders and solidified theyselves as tru NYC stars. They still gonna be, but just not as much up in the Conn.  Whatever the case, Kev can be a tru star in college 'cause few peeps has his skills. Y'all best believe.

-Choz4Life

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2008, 09:01:33 AM »
Kevin Parrom

It wuz like 15 or 20 year ago and I wuz still in high school doin my thing when I first heard the term: "point forward."  Thought to myselves well Im a forward but I sure dont know what a point forward is all 'bout. The I heard who they was talkin bout: Chris Mullin. And I says to myselves, "Yeah, now Im understandin."

The point forward position is basically a small forward who can do at least two thing: dribble the ball decent and pass like he got eyes in the back of his head. Kevin Parrom aint no Chris Mullin (yet), but he a tru point forward in my estimation and one of the most talented playas on the scene.

First thing first... Kev is about 6'6" and has broad shoulders like Omari. Had a lil baby fat on him that is disappearin wit age, mo playin and his own motivation. But he use his body well 'gainst competition when drivin to the hole. Shoulder down, eyes up and you dont wanna stand in his way. Kev runs well and jumps well, but he aint no Tev Baskin. His game is less 'bout athleticism and mo 'bout tru skill. But dont get me wrong, the brother can run and gun wit the big boys.

Kev got hisself an innate feel fo the game. He seem to know where evrybdy is on the floor and so he make some excellent decisions.  He got hisself an excellent look away pass thats flashy but not too flashy. When he run he gets to the middle of the floor when he has the ball and usually make the right pass fo an easy two (he also fill the wing the right way on the break when he dont got the ball). He's the kinda playa when things is breakin down that you glad the ball is in his hand. All that said, I truly beleive wit a lil ball handlin improvement that Kev could easly be a 2 in college cause that bring us to the next thing.

Kev has made amazin strides in the last few year wit his J. He still fall back sometime, but man that thing is rainin most of the time. Kev has become a very good outside shooter and wit his height is difficult to defend on the high school level. He can catch and shoot well and hot the J off the dribble on a very consistent type basis.

Kev gotta learn to be mo aggressive. Thats why kob and me and a lotta other peeps was shocked bout what happen wit Kev and Coach Antigua. Kid is mild mannered to a fault and then he go rumble wit coach? He needs to act mo serious on D like evry high schooler. He can rebound well 'casue of his body size when he block out.

Anyways, like Omari, I'm crazy sad this brother wont be playin his senior season in the CHSAA. Them two woulda done wonders and solidified theyselves as tru NYC stars. They still gonna be, but just not as much up in the Conn.  Whatever the case, Kev can be a tru star in college 'cause few peeps has his skills. Y'all best believe.

-Choz4Life

Once again, thanks for the scouting report choz..  ;D .. fortunately, they BOTH still could/would become STARS in this city if Kevin follows his buddy to SJU.. 8) .. although, i don't have a good feeling that's going to happen.... whatever his decision i wish him the best of luck... just hope he realizes that the grass is NOT always greener on the "other" side.. ;) .. peace!

p.s. - stay home kev & help omari bring NYC ball back where it belongs.. 8) .. ON TOP!!!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 09:12:20 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2008, 09:03:36 AM »
Kevin Parrom

-Choz4Life

Good job choz, think this kid would look good in the red and white?

mkras99

« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2008, 03:20:48 PM »
I'm not a member, so don't know what's been posted (though I have an educated guess), but Maurice Wingate of nychoops.net is reporting that Kevin Parrom is committing somewhere:

http://nychoops.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=1193&script=showmsg.asp&cid=&fid=2563&tid=&mid=

« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2008, 03:34:18 PM »
I'm not a member, so don't know what's been posted (though I have an educated guess), but Maurice Wingate of nychoops.net is reporting that Kevin Parrom is committing somewhere:

http://nychoops.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=1193&script=showmsg.asp&cid=&fid=2563&tid=&mid=

Whatever is posted is false information if its indeed regarding a commitment somewhere. Straight from Kevin's mouth is that he didn't commit anywhere nor does he even have a top 5 yet.

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2008, 03:36:15 PM »

If this is legit (which i doubt)....it would be interesting as to why he would mention it the day after omari verbals to SJU. Will he commit to the RedStorm?

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2008, 03:47:03 PM »

If this is legit (which i doubt)....it would be interesting as to why he would mention it the day after omari verbals to SJU. Will he commit to the RedStorm?

Open up the floodgates, here they come!

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2008, 03:52:19 PM »

Open up the floodgates, here they come!

could you imagine that? if you were kevin, why would you not come now? i'm sure he knows theres only one scholarship left for 09. SJU have offered at least 4 other players (baskin, bruce, williams, maybe lance).
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:36:30 PM by NYCbuckeye »

« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2008, 03:55:11 PM »

what would be your educated guess?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2008, 03:57:50 PM »

"A source close to the situation is saying that Kevin Parrom will commit to St. John's very soon. You heard it here first."

This guy is kiddin' right?..  :o :o :o .. if he's not i'm heading to the bar right after work..  ;D 8) .. keep ur fingers crossed folks!!

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2008, 03:58:57 PM »

"A source close to the situation is saying that Kevin Parrom will commit to St. John's very soon. You heard it here first."

This guy is kiddin' right?..  :o :o :o .. if he's not i'm heading to the bar right after work..  ;D 8) .. keep ur fingers crossed folks!!

Whered ya get that from oldred?