Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY - ARIZONA

• 287 replies
Re: Kevin Parrom - SF - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2008, 04:01:54 PM »
Who is Wingate ? A blogger or  Rivals staff?
Molloy '71

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2008, 04:02:20 PM »
I'm not a member, so don't know what's been posted (though I have an educated guess), but Maurice Wingate of nychoops.net is reporting that Kevin Parrom is committing somewhere:

http://nychoops.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=1193&script=showmsg.asp&cid=&fid=2563&tid=&mid=

"A source close to the situation is saying that Kevin Parrom will commit to St. John's very soon. You heard it here first."

This guy is kiddin' right?..  :o :o :o .. if he's not i'm heading to the bar right after work..  ;D 8) .. keep ur fingers crossed folks!!

Whered ya get that from oldred?

Right from the link mkras provided - Maurice Wingate from the NYC rivals board.. :o .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2008, 04:04:07 PM »
a "source close to the situation"?  Who's closer than Parrom himself and it sounds like he wants to take his visits...so unless he is worried that someone else will commit before him it wouldn't make sense.

I certainly hope its true though.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2008, 04:05:15 PM »

He's a staff writer for both the SJU & NYC rivals site.. :) .. my head is spinning right now.

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2008, 04:06:11 PM »

He's a staff writer for both the SJU & NYC rivals site.. :) .. my head is spinning right now.

OLdred the optomism is gonna kill some guys here LOL. We're gonna get this kid.

« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2008, 04:06:57 PM »
NYC BALLERS ARE IN PANICK MODE!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:07:39 PM by NYCbuckeye »

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2008, 04:16:02 PM »

OLdred the optomism is gonna kill some guys here LOL. We're gonna get this kid.

LOL... i'm going to shut up for now marco... can't believe this kid would suddenly pull a 180 like that... but STRANGER things have happened i guess... man this would be SWEET though..  ;D .. 'aint no place like this city when MSG is packed & we're puttin' a lickin' on Pukon with kids born & bread in NYC!!

« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2008, 04:19:30 PM »
I'm not a member, so don't know what's been posted (though I have an educated guess), but Maurice Wingate of nychoops.net is reporting that Kevin Parrom is committing somewhere:

http://nychoops.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?sid=1193&script=showmsg.asp&cid=&fid=2563&tid=&mid=

Whatever is posted is false information if its indeed regarding a commitment somewhere. Straight from Kevin's mouth is that he didn't commit anywhere nor does he even have a top 5 yet.

JJ - omari's immediate verbal to sju may have changed everything. did anyone speak with kevin after omari committed?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 04:44:18 PM by NYCbuckeye »

« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2008, 04:19:39 PM »
Fingers crossed. It would be awesome if it happened.

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2008, 04:21:08 PM »
Landesberg missed the boat here, maybe he'll be a Johnny in a couple of years.

« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2008, 04:23:19 PM »

He could have started the NYC trend, but we have burrell to thank for the start and omari for the push that we needed.

« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2008, 05:24:58 PM »

Whatever is posted is false information if its indeed regarding a commitment somewhere. Straight from Kevin's mouth is that he didn't commit anywhere nor does he even have a top 5 yet.

JJ - omari's immediate verbal to sju may have changed everything. did anyone speak with kevin after omari committed?

Yea. I posted before what Kevin said in reference to what was posted on nychoops.net

I know where this rumor is stemming from and as of right now its a rumor.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2008, 08:17:26 PM »
How credible is the source of the rumor?

« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2008, 09:55:30 AM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/index.php/boost-mobile-elite-24-player-evals-notes/#more-2484

* Xavier and St. John’s are standing out as the top two for Kevin Parrom according to the NY Daily News’ Ebenezer Samuel. Parrom was in attendance with recent St. John’s commit Omari Lawrence, who is also his teammate at South Kent Prep and with the NY Panthers, where they played for recent SJU staff addition Oswald Cross.

« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2008, 12:50:46 PM »
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/weiss/2008/08/lincolns-stephenson-battling-a.html

The recruiting battle for South Kent’s Kevin Parrom is heating up. During the summer, Xavier assistant Book Richardson appeared at every game that Parrom played in, sitting near the front row during July’s Reebok All-American Camp.

On Saturday, Parrom showed up at Rucker to watch the Elite 24 game with Omari Lawrence, who recently committed to St. John’s. The two are close friends, having played together since childhood, but you can bet Lawrence was doing his share of lobbying for the Red Storm.

Parrom lists Xavier and St. John’s at the top of his list, followed by South Carolina, Temple, Pitt, UConn and Marquette, but no programs have shown more interest in the 6-6 swingman than the Musketeers and Red Storm.

-Ebenezer Samuel
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 12:53:22 PM by JJ »

Poison

« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2008, 01:20:38 PM »

You can't blame Landesberg for wanting to play for the 12th most storied program in ACC history.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2008, 02:39:56 PM »
You can't blame Landesberg for wanting to play for the 12th most storied program in ACC history.

Good one poison.. lol .. but unlike Landesberg, Parrom has the "cajones" to to stand up to the "pressure" of NYC... hopefully he now sees that with Burrell, Kennedy, Thomas, Coker, Boothe etc... along with his boy Omari... that he could be the final piece to the puzzle for SJU.. 8) .. Plus, signing both OL & KP would send a STRONG message to the rest of the big east as well... something like : "SJU is BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKK" ... unfortunately, i don't have a "good feeling" about this one. I think he ends up at Xavier... which would be a big mistake imo... nonetheless, i would wish him the best & hope norm goes hard after the Williams kid.

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2008, 05:14:10 PM »
I think he ends up at Xavier... which would be a big mistake imo

Why would that be a mistake??? Didn't they make the sweet 16 this past season and they have a true and upcoming coach?

Fingers crossed that he does sign with SJU.

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2008, 06:04:16 PM »

Why would that be a mistake??? Didn't they make the sweet 16 this past season and they have a true and upcoming coach?

This kid belongs in the Big East, not the A-10. I think he comes to St Johns with another soon to follow

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2008, 06:07:33 PM »

It would be a "mistake" IMHO, because he would be missing out on a GREAT oppurtunity to play with his best friend, in the best conference in the country located in the media capital of the world... and be the final piece of the puzzle in bringing a WINNING basketball team back to his home town - New York City.. 8) ... and all the "perks" that come along with it... or he could go to Xavier and MIGHT get some "national exposure" if they make a run at the sweet sixteen or someting... in other words, nobody gives a sh*t.. ;) ... Either way i wish the kid the best.... stay HOME kev!!!