Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY - ARIZONA

• 287 replies
Re: Kevin Parrom - SF - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 02:18:52 PM »
once the story is in the paper, people want to know what happened.  hit tried to flesh something out and he says he has a couple of sources.  no one says his story isn't true...they're just saying don't tell it.

nothing to get angry about.  i have respect for both you guys.  in two weeks, hardly anyone will remember parrom's name or antigua's even under hypnosis.

Randomhero423

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 02:43:43 PM »
his coach is a nut.  so i can see him being irritated by something he said. we'll see.

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 04:38:37 PM »
u said heres the story. u wasnt there but yet again some one u know was. only the players was in the locker room did u know that. truck has played with kev for god knows how log now u know for a fact they have a problem. have u coached them. have u sat down with truck or his mother and they said damn i hate kev. hits u wasnt there. i wasnt there. dont put anything up until u know the truth. thats what females do. they gossip. wait till the facts come out. and trust me they will. u called him a troube kid what the hell do u know about him.  whats his fathers name or mothers name or his neice. whats his gpa or favorite color. u dont know. u are the only one who did it. why would u. the damn paper didnt have the info yet u have it. they found out b4 you. but they couldnt publish everything because they dont have the facts. what made u post something like that?

Kob
you do the same thing. You said there would be NO transfers, then shock of shockers Slappy had his yearly couple transfers. Now you might not be in Wright's or Cav's inner circle, but you sure posted the no transfer thing like it was a certainty. Now I also know that your relationship with Burrell will prevent you from saying everything you know, but that is why you would not be considered a great source. Becuase of your relationship you can't always be truthful, but I don't think you should get angry with people for speculating on things on a forum. I understand your situation, but you also can't get mad at people every time they post something that goes against someone you are affiliated with.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 04:41:35 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 04:53:42 PM »
I wonder how the CHSAA will handle this, its probably a daily occurrence in the PSAL-so I can figure out how they deal with it

pmg911

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 04:57:30 PM »
I wonder how the CHSAA will handle this, its probably a daily occurrence in the PSAL-so I can figure out how they deal with it

Marco. . do tell. . how do they deal with it the PSAL..?   and where have you head of a player hitting his coach before in either the CHSAA or PSAL..?

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 05:05:16 PM »

Marco. . do tell. . how do they deal with it the PSAL..?   and where have you head of a player hitting his coach before in either the CHSAA or PSAL..?

Marco. . do tell. . how do they deal with it the PSAL..?   and where have you head of a player hitting his coach before in either the CHSAA or PSAL..?

The PSAL doesnt deal with anything, thugs and corruption is the PSAL. As for a kid hitting his coach, Ive never heard of this which is why an example should be made of this kid. This is absurd

Randomhero423

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 05:24:38 PM »
u said heres the story. u wasnt there but yet again some one u know was. only the players was in the locker room did u know that. truck has played with kev for god knows how log now u know for a fact they have a problem. have u coached them. have u sat down with truck or his mother and they said damn i hate kev. hits u wasnt there. i wasnt there. dont put anything up until u know the truth. thats what females do. they gossip. wait till the facts come out. and trust me they will. u called him a troube kid what the hell do u know about him.  whats his fathers name or mothers name or his neice. whats his gpa or favorite color. u dont know. u are the only one who did it. why would u. the damn paper didnt have the info yet u have it. they found out b4 you. but they couldnt publish everything because they dont have the facts. what made u post something like that?

Kob
you do the same thing. You said there would be NO transfers, then shock of shockers Slappy had his yearly couple transfers. Now you might not be in Wright's or Cav's inner circle, but you sure posted the no transfer thing like it was a certainty. Now I also know that your relationship with Burrell will prevent you from saying everything you know, but that is why you would not be considered a great source. Becuase of your relationship you can't always be truthful, but I don't think you should get angry with people for speculating on things on a forum. I understand your situation, but you also can't get mad at people every time they post something that goes against someone you are affiliated with.

the thing with transfers could change.  what already happened cannot.  big difference..

kob24

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2008, 05:45:39 PM »

Kob
when i was asked about the transfers at the time the kid said no he wasnt leaving. thats from the horses mouth. but this is totaly different. he saying kevin gave him 3 hits and hes a trouble kid and should be in the golden gloves. thats not funny at all. ill have anyones back no matter who. and you are right i am affiliated witht the kids i was at the precint when he was there. i was with his parents consoling them. so you better believe that if i hear some one making things up i am going to correct them. i hope you would to if u was in a stituation like this. was the kid wrong for hitting him yes he was. but he was provoked. not a single one of us with kids hasnt told them if u feel threaten you run away. hell no you protect yourself and thats what he did. but you dont think its a little wierd that he called the cops?

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2008, 05:49:19 PM »

Kob
when i was asked about the transfers at the time the kid said no he wasnt leaving. thats from the horses mouth. but this is totaly different. he saying kevin gave him 3 hits and hes a trouble kid and should be in the golden gloves. thats not funny at all. ill have anyones back no matter who. and you are right i am affiliated witht the kids i was at the precint when he was there. i was with his parents consoling them. so you better believe that if i hear some one making things up i am going to correct them. i hope you would to if u was in a stituation like this. was the kid wrong for hitting him yes he was. but he was provoked. not a single one of us with kids hasnt told them if u feel threaten you run away. hell no you protect yourself and thats what he did. but you dont think its a little wierd that he called the cops?

kob, what did the coach say to provoke him? Was it the usual stuff coaches say to kids who are dogging it or something like that? or was it more of a personal issue?

kob24

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2008, 05:53:56 PM »
marco the lawyers dont want me to say anything so i have to respect it. but it wasnt words.

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 06:43:40 PM »
fellas, the story is gonna come out eventually it just cant come out right now. ive spoken to several people about the incident and several parts of HTGS' story supposedly isnt true. i dont know why he even brought up truck bryant in this. he has nothing to do with what happened.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

kob24

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 06:52:01 PM »
and whats crazy truck and kev is cool as hell. i mean some one may have told htgs and he took it far. and i admit i didnt come off any better which i do apoligize. but like i said its a legal thing and yall will be the 1st to know. ask jj i am a man of my word.

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 09:05:20 PM »
Aint takin no sides here. Aint gonna speculate. All Ill say is this aint indicative of who Kevin Parrom truly is.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

kob24

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 09:09:16 PM »
Aint takin no sides here. Aint gonna speculate. All Ill say is this aint indicative of who Kevin Parrom truly is.
nah but u keeping it real. choz i dont know how long u known kevin. but come on this is kevim parrom we talking about. kevin. anyone who is up on the aau scene or the highschool scene knows his persona. kevin is sorry to say but soft off the court. he isnt a fighter. this is crazy.i cant believe antigua

"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »
Read in the Post this morning Parrom is no longer at the school

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2008, 08:51:52 AM »
HOOPS: Parrom out at St. Ray's

Kevin Parrom was forced to withdraw from St. Raymond's yesterday following an altercation with head coach Oliver Antigua after a team meeting on Tuesday. "He's extremely disappointed," said Parrom's AAU coach, Gary Charles. "They got into a shoving match after the meeting and it doesn't seem like both sides were heard before a decision was made by the school." Parrom, a 6-5 junior at The Bronx school, scored 14.5 ppg this season and is being recruited by several Big East schools.

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2008, 09:08:21 AM »

Kob

Kob
My only point is people are going to put rumors on these type of sites, that is pretty much what they are here for. Very few people have impeccable sources or are 100% in the know who post on these things. And even if they are in the loop, then they can't always post the truth. Some of the stuff posted on these things is correct, A LOT turns out to be false. People should take what they read here with a grain of salt, it is not the NY times. If you are going to be upset by rumors on message boards you will drive yourself crazy!
About the Parrom incident, I don't know the facts so I am not judging. However if the kid with no provocation at all shot Antigua, I am sure you would try and spin it the best way you could to make the kid look better. That is why to me no one , even those with inside info are 100%.

kob24

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2008, 10:01:13 AM »

Kob

Kob
My only point is people are going to put rumors on these type of sites, that is pretty much what they are here for. Very few people have impeccable sources or are 100% in the know who post on these things. And even if they are in the loop, then they can't always post the truth. Some of the stuff posted on these things is correct, A LOT turns out to be false. People should take what they read here with a grain of salt, it is not the NY times. If you are going to be upset by rumors on message boards you will drive yourself crazy!
About the Parrom incident, I don't know the facts so I am not judging. However if the kid with no provocation at all shot Antigua, I am sure you would try and spin it the best way you could to make the kid look better. That is why to me no one , even those with inside info are 100%.
u are right in a sense and i understand what u are saying. i didnt look at it like that

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 04:11:54 PM »
Parrom's Future in Limbo
Kevin Parrom's career at St. Raymond's High School is over and his immediate future is uncertain.

This much is clear: the 6-foot-5 Parrom will not attend a public school for his senior season and will likely go to one of the Catholic or prep schools in New Jersey or New York.

"He's not going to go to public school," said Gary Charles, Parrom's AAU coach with the New York Panthers. "At this point, any school within the area is an option. We haven't really sat down to discuss it."

Parrom, ranked No. 141 in the Rivals 150 for the Class of 2009, was kicked out of the Bronx school after an altercation Tuesday with St. Ray's coach Oliver Antigua in which he ended up hitting Antigua in the face and then being arrested.

Charles said the disagreement stemmed from a discussion about the team in general, not specifically about which AAU program Parrom would play for, as some have reported. Parrom plays for the Panthers.

"They were just having a disagreement about different things," Charles said. "The whole team was there. Oliver was upset with him. It was just normal stuff that coaches and players go through. Oliver said something to him and Kevin said something under his breath.

"Then Oliver said, 'Are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?'"

That led to a fight and Charles said Parrom "swung his arm, just to get (Antigua) off of him. That's when he hit him."

Charles said someone in the school other than Antigua "made them call the cops."

Parrom was arrested and Charles thought there still might be a way to resolve the matter a day later, but he realized that Parrom was done with the school after speaking with him Wednesday.

"When I talked to the kid (Wednesday), that's when I realized that the kid was not going back to St. Ray's, but we did not discuss the school situation," Charles said.

Charles maintains the incident was out of character for Parrom.

"Having gotten to know Kevin in this short couple of months, he's not that type of kid," Charles said. "I've been in plenty of locker rooms where a helluva lot worse happened in the locker room."

Parrom scored 14.5 ppg this season and is being recruited by several Big East schools, including Rutgers and St.  John's. Charles said he did not think those offers would evaporate.

"Who's kidding who?" he said. "His offers are not going to go away."