Kevin Parrom - SF - South Kent - Bronx, NY - ARIZONA

• 287 replies
Re: Kevin Parrom - SF - St. Raymonds - Bronx, NY
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2008, 11:18:07 PM »
Where did you hear that from North?  Did he commit somewhere else or did we pull the offer?

sjd8886

« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2008, 11:42:12 PM »
too bad we only have 1 schollie left. its almost like a lottery pick with so much talent in 09...i still have that sick feeling Lance will choose SJU.

knock on wood

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2008, 12:42:42 AM »
Where did you hear that from North?  Did he commit somewhere else or did we pull the offer?

Offer is pulled
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2008, 07:49:36 AM »
plain and simple for the johniees to get back to the dance they need 3 ships to give out for the 2009 studs in new york.

3 for Lance,Parrom and Lawrence?
or durand,omari and lance
or omari kevin durand
or padgett, lance and durand
or O.D omari durand
or bruce, kevin lance
or sherrod lance omari
so many options

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2008, 08:02:10 AM »
what, no dan jennings?  i thought the staff was high on him.

pmg911

« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2008, 08:36:47 AM »
plain and simple for the johniees to get back to the dance they need 3 ships to give out for the 2009 studs in new york.

or omari kevin durand
or O.D omari durand
or bruce, kevin lance
or sherrod lance omari
so many options

Of all the players you list there..    the only kid I feel like they have a legitmate chance to sign is Lance Stephenson. .   and that is only because his Father might want to keep him close to him for his one year of college basketball...

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »

As JJ said offer was pulled.
I believe it was the correct move by the staff.

« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2008, 01:06:21 PM »
or omari kevin durand
or O.D omari durand
or bruce, kevin lance
or sherrod lance omari
so many options
Of all the players you list there..    the only kid I feel like they have a legitmate chance to sign is Lance Stephenson. .   and that is only because his Father might want to keep him close to him for his one year of college basketball...
Stephenson's father shouldn't have to worry if he wants to find a job or get a 6-9 month lease on an apartment in a different area if Stephenson goes away to college.

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2008, 03:36:44 PM »

Offer is pulled

Real good news, hopefully it means the staff feels it can nab a better player in 09.

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2008, 11:22:19 PM »
Bad move - We'll miss out on a good player who could help us win this year.   Then next April we'll be looking for more leftovers with our 4 ships after no big names commit and two more transfers.

I hope I'm wrong.   

pmg911

« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2008, 07:31:55 AM »
Bad move - We'll miss out on a good player who could help us win this year.   Then next April we'll be looking for more leftovers with our 4 ships after no big names commit and two more transfers.

I hope I'm wrong.  

Who is the potenailly good player we are missing out on. .     this is bottom of the barrel time for Div I players or kids who are massive risks for various reasons...

Norm should do the smart thing and save the scholarship...

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2008, 03:21:37 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=823368

As one of the highest risers in the new Rivals.com rankings, Kevin Parrom is becoming a highly sought after recruit. The newly minted four star prospect recently took a visit to Marquette and came away impressed with the campus and what the school could offer him.

Parrom has now been on two good visits.
So far things have gone well this summer for Parrom. He has played well on the floor and taken unofficial visits. The most recent one was to Marquette, and Parrom had a good time.

"The visit was great," said Parrom. "I had a nice time meeting coach Buzz Williams and his staff. What made the visit good was that I was with Omari (Lawrence), and that made things much better to be with my teammate. It was a good visit. It is a good school for guards, and that is a good thing for me, it is a good school."

One thing that definitely stood out to Parrom was the facility that the Golden Eagles share with the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks. "The campus is good. It's not too big and not too small. They play where the Milwaukee Bucks play at, and it is very big. I think they have about 15,000 fans every night. It seems like a great atmosphere to play in."

When asked how the Marquette visit compared with his earlier trip to Xavier, Parrom responded, "Xavier is in Atlantic 10 and Marquette is in the Big East so there are going to be a lot of similarities. Marquette was a good visit and Xavier was a good visit. I think all of the visits that I will go on will be good visit. I just have to find what is good for me. Marquette is good for guards and so is Xavier, both schools were really good."

While the two visits were impressive, Parrom also has several other trips in mind before he intends to make a decision. "I will probably visit Clemson and South Carolina in August, and hopefully I will get to visit Miami (FL) in September also. I will probably have a few more visits as well, but those are the three that I know about."

South Carolina and Clemson tend to not be typical destinations for New York City kids, but they do intrigue Parrom. "I just know both of those schools are in the south, and I just want to take a look at some ACC and SEC schools. I just want to see how that could help my game."

Recently in the rankings Parrom rose from number 141 to 88. Parrom credits his 53 spot vault to hard work. "I have been working out every day at least twice a day morning and night. I have been working harder than I have ever been preparing for South Kent. I am just working harder now because I know I will have to play in the prep school division. I am just working harder every single day."

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2008, 10:38:16 PM »
Much respct to Mr. Greenweedz.
Brother is Chi-town all the way, but showin a lil luv to NYC.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2008, 12:22:33 AM »
http://www.johnnyjungle.com/On_the_Prowl_With_the_Panthers_7608

What does everyone think of St. John's being at the tip of his tongue being mentioned first? Doesn't matter or maybe indicating to something?

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2008, 01:02:53 PM »
Fingers crossed. We need some good news around here as it has been YEARS.

« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2008, 01:24:28 PM »
http://www.johnnyjungle.com/On_the_Prowl_With_the_Panthers_7608

What does everyone think of St. John's being at the tip of his tongue being mentioned first? Doesn't matter or maybe indicating to something?

been there...done that.  i'll need to see loi's before i'll believe.

kob24

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2008, 08:43:47 PM »
congrats to kev for making the allstar team for reebok u. i heard he was killing. im mad i didnt go but im raising a future mcdonalds all american. also sterling gibbs made the underclassmen allstar game. the future for the panthers is looking very very bright with this kid

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2008, 08:14:45 AM »
im mad i didnt go but im raising a future mcdonalds all american.

What it's all about.
Much blessings to you and the fam.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2008, 08:15:32 AM »
im mad i didnt go but im raising a future mcdonalds all american.

What it's all about.
Much blessings to you and the fam.

Lets keep that family in NYC!