"It's ChowDAH Frenchie"

• 20 replies
"It's ChowDAH Frenchie"
« on: November 15, 2013, 09:39:11 AM »
First there was the feud between Simpson's Mayor Diamond Joe Quimby's nephew and a french waiter and now we have Bourgault vs Hooper. According to today's Post Bourgault and Hooper are in a battle to get random minute(s) and limited shots. According to Lavin it is Bourgault's turn against Wagner. I am pretty sure Lavin has noticed how well rotating Kenyon and Amare game to game for limited minutes has worked and has decided to steal the idea for his two supposed shooters.

In other SJU news in the Post it seems that Harrison rehabbed his Lavin eyerolling  at the same time and same place as Mike Rice was rehabbing his ball throwing at players heads. It seems they struck up a friendship.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 09:51:59 AM by we are sju »

CC

Re: "It's ChowDAH Frenchie"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 10:07:55 AM »
Lucus and Rice were at STJ's 2nd exb game, sitting close to the bench. You must have missed it, it made huge news on one of the other boards, posters couldnt believe that Lucas ,and a former BE coach were actually at a BASKETBALL game :o

Foad

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 10:20:36 AM »
According to today's Post Bourgault and Hooper are in a battle to get random minute(s) and limited shots.

Ominous. If this is really a battle and history is any indication Bourgault will surrender to Hooper and denounce Lipscomb to the authorities.

In other SJU news in the Post it seems that Harrison rehabbed his Lavin eyerolling  at the same time and same place as Mike Rice was rehabbing his ball throwing at players heads. It seems they struck up a friendship.

This OTOH is heart warming. It sounds like the great romances of the past, Abelard and Eloise, Tristan and Isolde, Henry Lee Lucas and Otis Toole, Lenny Lake and Charlie Ng.

boo3

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 10:31:38 AM »
 Can't imagine Marco will get much more than this game to prove anything.. he had all of last season and didn't do much.

My hope is that a solid, consistent 9 man rotation is settled in the next couple of weeks. Any more than than and it becaomes a muddled mess with guys shuffling in and out for no apparent reason.

Jordan
Harrison
Pointer
Samson
Sanchez

Obekpa
Greene
Branche
Hooper/GG

boo3

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 10:34:33 AM »
http://nypost.com/2013/11/15/johnnies-focus-on-three-pointers/

Focus has been on defense, and defending the 3 in particular..  Lets see what difference a week of practice makes?

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 10:37:41 AM »
Can't imagine Marco will get much more than this game to prove anything.. he had all of last season and didn't do much.

My hope is that a solid, consistent 9 man rotation is settled in the next couple of weeks. Any more than than and it becaomes a muddled mess with guys shuffling in and out for no apparent reason.

Jordan
Harrison
Pointer
Samson
Sanchez

Obekpa
Greene
Branche
Hooper/GG

Kinda like the random shuffling in the first half against the Badgers while they built up a seventeen point margin?  We made our run in the second half when the shuffling eased up.

boo3

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 10:47:52 AM »

Jordan
Harrison
Pointer
Samson
Sanchez

Obekpa
Greene
Branche
Hooper/GG

Kinda like the random shuffling in the first half against the Badgers while they built up a seventeen point margin?  We made our run in the second half when the shuffling eased up.

Well, yeah..  But I expect that from a team integrating new players (in the first game of the season..

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »
They keep animated series on way to long.  I know its easy money for the networks but it becomes stale quick.

I personally like Doctor Who...

CC

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 11:37:22 AM »

Jordan
Harrison
Pointer
Samson
Sanchez

Obekpa
Greene
Branche
Hooper/GG

Well, yeah..  But I expect that from a team integrating new players (in the first game of the season..

The first game of the season, and needing to gel is a little off base. They practiced together this summer and played 7 games in Europe then played 2 exb games, one that came down to the buzzer. They should know eachother by now

boo3

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 11:42:49 AM »

Jordan
Harrison
Pointer
Samson
Sanchez

Obekpa
Greene
Branche
Hooper/GG

The first game of the season, and needing to gel is a little off base. They practiced together this summer and played 7 games in Europe then played 2 exb games, one that came down to the buzzer. They should know eachother by now

Jordan and Greene sat out in Europe due to injuries..

CC

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 11:45:00 AM »

Jordan
Harrison
Pointer
Samson
Sanchez

Obekpa
Greene
Branche
Hooper/GG

Not true Jordan played some of the games over there.

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
Wasnt impressed with Marco last year. But it is impossible for either of them to play well if they come in for 3 hockey like 45 second shifts a game.  Harrison, pointer , and sampson have top play 30 minutes plus.  Greene, branch, and jordan need to play. I don't see how these get any minutes.

boo3

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 11:48:06 AM »

Jordan
Harrison
Pointer
Samson
Sanchez

Obekpa
Greene
Branche
Hooper/GG

You are correct.. No excuses.. they should be a fine tuned machine..

CC

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 12:04:35 PM »

Jordan
Harrison
Pointer
Samson
Sanchez

Obekpa
Greene
Branche
Hooper/GG

You are correct.. No excuses.. they should be a fine tuned machine..

Lets hope and I think Jordan is the least of our worries, excited to see him progress

desco80

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 12:16:50 PM »
Boo, it's hypocritical to slap the reactionaries around for jumping to conclusions after just 1 game and then turn around and blow what they are saying out of proportion.   
This team has been playing together for awhile; there are some new pieces, but most of the team has been together for at least a year or two. 
Should some bumps be expected?  Of course.   There were probably more than there should have been against Wisconsin though.

Life goes on.  Let's see where things go from here. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:19:34 PM by desco80 »

boo3

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2013, 12:33:01 PM »
Boo, it's hypocritical to slap the reactionaries around for jumping to conclusions after just 1 game and then turn around and blow what they are saying out of proportion.   
This team has been playing together for awhile; there are some new pieces, but most of the team has been together for at least a year or two. 
Should some bumps be expected?  Of course.   There were probably more than there should have been against Wisconsin though.

Sorry Sir...

CC is not a reactionary..  He pointed out i was wrong and I acknowledged him..He was indeed correct..

Once again, the truth lies in the middle.  No team is a "fine tuned Machine" in their 1st game of the season..  Real game action, against a team like Wisconsin, can't replicated in practice or scrimmage..

It always takes time for team to gel when integrating new pieces..
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 12:33:38 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 12:38:17 PM »
Jut to be clear, I don't hate on Hooper, never saw him play. My point with him is same as it was with Marco. If you have a specialized player that is a shooter, you can't play them in short burts and take them out after a miss and expect them to perform. It is impossible.

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 12:49:26 PM »
http://nypost.com/2013/11/15/johnnies-focus-on-three-pointers/

Focus has been on defense, and defending the 3 in particular..  Lets see what difference a week of practice makes?
Obviously this cannot be laid on this particular coach or these players but the 3 point line has been around for what about 25 years and we are finally making it a point of emphasis. Seems like we always have trouble with 3 point shooting and defending. With CO back there to defend the basket we need to stay on the 3 pt shooters and not slough off to defend closer to the basket.

desco80

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 12:57:11 PM »

Sorry Sir...

CC is not a reactionary..  He pointed out i was wrong and I acknowledged him..He was indeed correct..

Once again, the truth lies in the middle.  No team is a "fine tuned Machine" in their 1st game of the season..  Real game action, against a team like Wisconsin, can't replicated in practice or scrimmage..

It always takes time for team to gel when integrating new pieces..

"The truth lies somewhere in the middle",  is a phrase that needs repeating over and over on these boards at the moment.

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 01:30:39 PM »
A couple of points:

1.  We were beaten by a superior team.  Wisconsin was/is ranked and we aren't.  There is a reason for that.  They are a good 3 pt shooting team and we are a weak 3 pt defending team.  Hence, a relatively easy victory for them.

2.  First recruiting class, coach brings in Harrison as a 3 pt shooter.  Second class, Bourgault.  Third, Hooper.  He has definitely tried to address our 3 pt needs on the offensive end.  I'm sure they have also worked on defending the 3 since he's been here (despite what the results may indicate).  That it was the point of emphasis this week doesn't mean it wasn't always worked on.