St. John's Vs. Niagara Pre-Game Talk

• 37 replies
St. John's Vs. Niagara Pre-Game Talk
« on: December 10, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »
What would you like to see different in this game?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: St. John's Vs. Niagara Pre-Game Talk
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:15:06 PM »
 I love to see Coker & Tomas combine for 15pts & 15 rebounds.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 06:35:01 PM »
Small steps- how about combine for 10 pts & 10 rebs.
(since I doubt they combine for even 30 mins)

Niagra plays a small lineup.

A 6'10 ctr plus 4 guards.
Their top scorer (Fischer) a 6'3 230 lb G/fwd plays the 4

He leads their team in 3pts, f/t,& rebs -- interesting matchup
for Burrell.  Perfect time to play small

They had a nice start to their season till they lost
(on the road) to a bad Towsen team last night.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 06:43:02 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 08:36:41 PM »
Hmm don't know too much about Towson except the Preakness and loose woman

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 08:39:58 PM »
I'd like to see Ricky Torres finally get off the bench. How come Norm isnt playing this kid?

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 09:49:20 PM »
I'd like to see Ricky Torres finally get off the bench. How come Norm isnt playing this kid?

who is he backup power forward?

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 11:29:42 PM »
I'd like to see a CONVINCING win.

southernjohnny

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 11:37:59 PM »
 well if a small guy will be covering Burrell, and one legit big man...pound it in down low, keep pounding it in, til the big man fouls out...and if their best player is 6'3" , and will cover burrell, make him work on the defensive end...takes away from offensive game..

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 08:41:55 AM »
well if a small guy will be covering Burrell, and one legit big man...pound it in down low, keep pounding it in, til the big man fouls out...and if their best player is 6'3" , and will cover burrell, make him work on the defensive end...takes away from offensive game..

If that's the case them I'm sure they're going to zone us to death.  How we respond to it this time will be the key to success.  I think its huge that we come out fired up and blow them out of the building from the opening tip to make a statement like they were pist off about losing.  I also expect Larry to regain his touch and drop 20+ for a new career high!

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 09:14:22 AM »

;D ;D ;D .. where the heck did he end up anyway?

Bottom line - we NEED to blow this team out... like sj said, pound it in to JB/Coker & take it to the hoop "strong"... they are not a "big" team & our last resort should be the "3"... plus, i expect both EL & LW to have MUCH better games as well... we just need DJ/Horne to put the CLAMPS on Fischer & we should be alright.. SJU : 83 - 65.. ;) .. peace!

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 09:37:13 AM »

IMO, we should go with JB, DJ, Horne, Wright & Lawrence to start the game.  And use DJ/PH to "shadow" CF all over the court... if we can take him out of the game early & own the boards... we should be able to RUN this team right out of the building..  ;D .. the ONLY thing that worries me is the two-week lay-off. Which is another reason to go "small" & have our best defenders in there to start the game as well... if we "pressure" them from the opening tip & get a few fast-break dunks from "Air Horne".. 8) ... The Jungle will be Rockin'!!!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 09:57:14 AM by oldred10 »

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

Tha Kid

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 09:44:30 AM »

IMO, we should go with JB, DJ, Horne, Wright & Lawrence to start the game.  And use DJ/PH to "shadow" CF all over the court... if we can take him out of the game early & own the boards... we should be able to RUN this team right out of the building..  ;D .. the ONLY thing that worries me about this game is the two-week lay-off. Which is another reason to go "small" & have our best defenders in there to start the game as well... if we "pressure" them from the opening tip & get a few fast-break dunks from "Air Horne".. 8) ... The Jungle will be Rockin'!!!

Right on OldRed.  I want Paris Horne in the starting lineup, or if not, playing for 25-30 minutes and shutting Fischer down!

« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 09:44:55 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 10:36:36 AM »
I wouldnt expect much of a turnout for the jungle on saturday considering all of us students are done with finals on friday...but what i would love to see more than anything is Burrell starting to use some post moves rahter than the one power dribble that gets him stuck in the paint at least 4-5 times a game.

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 11:00:16 AM »
i agree the Jungle should be a bit deflated on Saturday but I am making the trip up to NY for it and we should have a handful of guys.

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 11:31:22 AM »
I'll be there....Jungle will be rockin'!

I also would love a halfcourt shot attempt for the Delta free flight if anyone has a hookup....the other contests arent worth it to me, I love the no risk high reward games haha....even if they are nearly impossible...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 11:39:14 AM »
my best advice would be to get there early and i'll show the you man you are looking for to get the half court shot

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 04:44:55 PM »
Johnny Jungle invited 650 students via facebook to the game today so we'll see....

Poison

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 05:52:09 PM »
I wouldnt expect much of a turnout for the jungle on saturday considering all of us students are done with finals on friday...but what i would love to see more than anything is Burrell starting to use some post moves rahter than the one power dribble that gets him stuck in the paint at least 4-5 times a game.

Why? Are most of the students from California?

Poison

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2007, 05:54:06 PM »

IMO, we should go with JB, DJ, Horne, Wright & Lawrence to start the game.  And use DJ/PH to "shadow" CF all over the court... if we can take him out of the game early & own the boards... we should be able to RUN this team right out of the building..  ;D .. the ONLY thing that worries me is the two-week lay-off. Which is another reason to go "small" & have our best defenders in there to start the game as well... if we "pressure" them from the opening tip & get a few fast-break dunks from "Air Horne".. 8) ... The Jungle will be Rockin'!!!

how can we beat a zone w out a shooter?

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2007, 05:55:34 PM »
this can be a very tough game for st johns.  niagara is usually (havent seen them yet this year) an extremely physical team who is willing to be dirty at times.  some of the guys (like tomas, dele, dj, paris) will really have their toughness tested.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap