Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S(Signed LOI)

• 177 replies
According to Hoopmasters, St John's is showing interest in 6 2 180 pound JUCO guard Dwight Hardy from Indian Hills (IA) CC.

As a freshmen he led his team to a 6th place finish in the NCJCAA tourney and was named to the 12 player all tournament team. He scored a Tournament high 119 points, averaging 29.8 points per game. He scored at least 26 in every game and had a high of 36 points.

During the course of the year he averaged 18.9 points per game but averaged 26.3 over the last 12 games and 32.2 over the last five. He set the school single season record for three point FGs with 102.

He is a native of the Bronx (JF Kennedy) and is hearing from St John's the most, according to assistant coach Cody Hopkins.

http://www.hoopmasters.com/article.php?aid=1213327335
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 02:23:13 AM by JJ »

Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC. - IA
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
http://hsnewyork.scout.com/2/474255.html

scout write up from 2 yrs ago.

Went to patterson (N.C.) to prep for a year.

Intriguing- I assume an 09

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:27:03 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 10:29:21 AM »
DH can ball, no doubt.
Just wonderin how many guards the team gonna have.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

gonzalo

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 10:33:22 AM »
Just wonderin how many guards the team gonna have.

I wonder the same question.

Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 12:51:35 PM »
So anyone else know anything about this kid?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

kob24

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 07:27:25 PM »
im gonna make sure he commits. im gonna try my best. hes hella good

Randomhero423

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 07:35:55 PM »
where does he rank when it comes too:

Omari Lawrence
Durand Scott
Kevin Parrom
Sherrod Wright
Russell Smith
Sean Johnson
Malik Stith

kob24

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 07:49:07 PM »
omari and durand im gonna give a edge because they are younger.  but hes in a juco and is probaly stronger than them. hes tuff i coached him his last year of highschool. he played with justin and brian williams of tennesse in their last year of aau ball.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 12:16:40 AM »
omari and durand im gonna give a edge because they are younger.  but hes in a juco and is probaly stronger than them. hes tuff i coached him his last year of highschool. he played with justin and brian williams of tennesse in their last year of aau ball.

Is there any chance he would be qualified to play this year and have three years of eligibility or is he for next year?

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 07:04:51 AM »
I dont mind having 1 or 2 JUCO's.

It brings in instant experience,

& if a mistake, its only 2 years.

He sounds like a pure 2 not a PG
Molloy '71

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 08:06:26 AM »

Is there any chance he would be qualified to play this year and have three years of eligibility or is he for next year?

I might be wrong, but I think that once they start in JUCO, they will only have 2 yrs elig left.
Anyone know ?
Molloy '71

mkras99

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 11:21:32 AM »
Since he wasn't a qualifier coming out of high school, he's got to get his Juco degree before he can move on.

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 12:43:36 PM »

sounds encouraging then.

oldred10

• Ya Gotta Believe!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 01:00:39 PM »
Since he wasn't a qualifier coming out of high school, he's got to get his Juco degree before he can move on.

Thanks for the clarification mkras.... we could definitely use a "lights out" three point shooter like this kid.

"If u LOVE us that's GREAT... if u HATE us that's GREAT too... if ur in the middle... get the F*CK out!!" - Paul Stanley, KISS

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »
I think if we end up only having one 'ship left in 2009... it'd be better used on a big man.  Consider that this guy would come in as a junior and compete with Kennedy/ Horne (let alone Edmondson and Roberts, and perhaps Williams if he signs) for time for 2 years? 

So either one of those guys would have the transfer (or be "not asked back")... and even with that time's a tight squeeze.  I think it's really important to sign a 4 year player in 2009.  With a JUCO guard, assuming no one redshirts, that gives the team (assuming 4 yr players) Kennedy, Boothe, Horne, Burrell, Thomas, Evans, Coker, and now Hardy to replace in 2011.  8 freshmen?  Come on now.  There has to be a freshman shooter out there, too.

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 03:34:43 PM »
I'd think we'd all agree that if Williams comes this Sept,

last schol should only do to 3+ star big or 4 star any (easy to say)

eliminating Hardy, kilpatrick, etc.

But there are many things that can & prob will happen the next 10 months
Molloy '71

Poison

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 04:15:11 PM »
I think if we end up only having one 'ship left in 2009... it'd be better used on a big man.  Consider that this guy would come in as a junior and compete with Kennedy/ Horne (let alone Edmondson and Roberts, and perhaps Williams if he signs) for time for 2 years? 

So either one of those guys would have the transfer (or be "not asked back")... and even with that time's a tight squeeze.  I think it's really important to sign a 4 year player in 2009.  With a JUCO guard, assuming no one redshirts, that gives the team (assuming 4 yr players) Kennedy, Boothe, Horne, Burrell, Thomas, Evans, Coker, and now Hardy to replace in 2011.  8 freshmen?  Come on now.  There has to be a freshman shooter out there, too.

The way things have been going, we'll probably have more players leave the program.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 04:57:12 PM »
I agree with y'all.  I'd speculate on who would leave the program, but that's not cool; and the thing is, any one of the guards (the two frosh + Kennedy + Horne) could be a solid player.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 11:37:34 PM »
Having guys who can knock down shots makes things sooooo much easier. I know I am stating the obvious but we struggled so much scoring the ball........Hardy could be a legit scoring option. Mase comes out for a breather or in foul trouble we may not miss a beat. Hell he could be the primary outside scorer next year after Mase leaves. You hear it all the time that college basketball is a guards game well Norm is taking that to the next level.

kob24

« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2008, 10:10:21 AM »
yall cazy one scholarship left u go after omari, lance, kevin, or durand. plain and simple