Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S(Signed LOI)

• 177 replies
Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 10:14:52 AM »
yall cazy one scholarship left u go after omari, lance, kevin, or durand. plain and simple

you're crazy too ;D   only cause I think we need to save 2 ships for that group.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 10:48:13 AM »
Found this on Indian Hills CC site

http://www.ihcc.cc.ia.us/ihcc/Athletics/basketball/basketball.asp

Warriors End Up 6th at National Tournament; Hardy and Buycks Named to All-Tourney Team

(March 24) -- The Indian Hills Warriors dropped a 70-63 decision to Eastern Arizona in the 5th place game at the NJCAA National Tournament on Saturday (March 22) in Hutchinson, Kansas.  The Warriors (28-and-10 for the season) split their four games in the 2008 tourney.  The Region XI champions defeated Itawamba (MS) CC in the opening round 75-73 in overtime on Dwight Buycks' three-pointer with 9.9 seconds remaining.  IHCC then lost to South Plains (TX) 66-61 in the quarterfinals.  South Plains went on to win the national championship, beating Salt Lake (UT) CC in the title game, 67-56.  The game with Indian Hills was the closest contest that South Plains had in their four games on the way to the national title.  Indian Hills stayed alive in the tournament, and earned a spot in the game for 5th place, with a 76-75 win against Northeastern Oklahoma A&M, a game that wasn't decided until NEO missed a pair of free throws with 0.3 seconds to play.

Indian Hills' dynamic freshmen duo of Dwight Hardy and Dwight Buycks were both named to the 12-player all-tournament team for the national tourney, announced at the conclusion of Saturday's title game.  Hardy led the tournament in scoring with 119 points, one point below a 30.0 average for four games.  Buycks poured in 79 points in the Warriors' four games, one point under a 20.0 average for the tourney.  Hardy scored at least 26 points in every game in Hutch, with a high game of 36 against NEO.  Buycks' best game was a 24-point effort against Itawamba.

Both Hardy and Buycks started every one of IHCC's 38 games in their freshman campaign.  Hardy led the team in scoring at 18.9 points a game.  He averaged 26.3 points a game

Buycks just verballed today to Marquette as found on redmen.com

Would'nt it be ironic if Buycks to Marq leads to Williams to SJU-- leaving Hardy out ?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 10:51:16 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 11:01:02 AM »

Not crazy if Norm & Staff beleives Williams or Hardy to be equal or better
to all 09's  mentioned except Lance.

Of all on list other than Lance, only Durand Scott is rated higher & we are 1 of many on his list.
Do we lead for any of them ?

I say trust Norm & take Williams. We still have min 1 more for 09 if all come back
(which hasnt happened in 4 years ? )

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:02:32 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »
yall cazy one scholarship left u go after omari, lance, kevin, or durand. plain and simple
Roberts must feel he has virtually no shot at any of them.
I'm not sure if it makes him a realist or a defeatist.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 02:48:15 PM by Not The Sleaveless Guy »

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 02:59:12 PM »
Not crazy if Norm & Staff beleives Williams or Hardy to be equal or better
to all 09's  mentioned except Lance.

Of all on list other than Lance, only Durand Scott is rated higher & we are 1 of many on his list.
Do we lead for any of them ?

I say trust Norm & take Williams. We still have min 1 more for 09 if all come back
What has Norm Roberts done in 4+ years to warrant the trust of the fan base?

There have been two players, Burrell and Mason, that can start at the majority of Big East programs. Both of whom could be filed under the adage of "don't look a gift horse in the mouth." The rest have been frankly below-average to garbage. The majority of players that he has successfully recruited unfortunately have been out of their league. It'd be nice to have blind faith in the head coach and his judgement, but, at this point, it's too much to ask of the fans.

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 03:15:38 PM »

Is he a defeatist if the staff thinks Williams & Hardy are equal or better than all above cept Lance ?

I would think they have seen plenty of all above kids to make a better informed decision than us.

Molloy '71

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 05:00:46 PM »
We still have min 1 more for 09 if all come back

Even if someone doesn't come back the staff can't fill the ship until they do leave... and by then it will be too late to get in on any of these guys.

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 08:21:49 PM »
Is he a defeatist if the staff thinks Williams & Hardy are equal or better than all above cept Lance ?

I would think they have seen plenty of all above kids to make a better informed decision than us.
No, that wouldn't make him a defeatist.
He'd be delusional to think that Williams is better than Omari Lawrence, Kevin Parrom, or Durand Scott.

kob24

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 10:56:39 PM »

you're crazy too ;D   only cause I think we need to save 2 ships for that group.
lol i want him to get on his calhoun and drop two players to open space. but norm is very loyal

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2008, 02:49:19 PM »
http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox/2008/10/06/TOUGH_TO_RULE_OUT_BEILEIN

With a backcourt that Kidder maintains may be better than the one he had at Dixie that featured NBA player Marcus Banks and one-time NBA player Maurice Baker, Indian Hills is poised to make a legitimate run.

Kidder will have Marquette-bound scoring point guard Dwight Buycks and New York native Dwight Hardy at the shooting guard spot. Both averaged about 18 points per game last season as freshmen and Hardy finished the season on a tear, averaging about 38 per game over the last couple of weeks.

``They’re both going to be terrific Division 1 players,” Kidder said. ``Buycks has elite speed and can really get his own shot. He’s a scorpion defensively and has the uncanny ability to make plays on both ends of the court.”

``Dwight has the best IQ of any player I’ve coached in a long time,” he added. “He knows how to come off screens and is a throw-back player. I call him the Little Microwave because he can heat up quick.”

Kidder said that St. John’s is active in trying to bring Hardy back towards home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In fact, Sporting News has Indian Hills as the Preseason No. 1 team in the country. ``This is the most depth I’ve ever had,” Kidder said.

LJSA

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2008, 03:07:11 PM »
If the staff really wants Hardy, it looks like: 1) they think Lawrence can play small forward; 2) they are already looking to dump Edmondson or Roberts; or 3) they still have no clue how to balance a roster.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 03:40:57 PM »
I agree to a point - if this guy can light it up from the outside, and the newcomers and old guards can't, the team could use an outside shooter.   Really wish said shooter wasn't a JUCO - the team needs roster balance badly.

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2008, 05:08:26 PM »
If the staff really wants Hardy, it looks like: 1) they think Lawrence can play small forward; 2) they are already looking to dump Edmondson or Roberts; or 3) they still have no clue how to balance a roster.

or the staff is just staying active in case one of the current commits falls through.

gonzalo

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 03:51:05 AM »

1) That would be the reason why we are not recruiting small forwards (except Parrom).

2) We will have to wait if they will play this season.

3) It looks unfortunately true.

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 08:11:08 AM »
Omari aint no small forward.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Randomhero423

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 08:12:23 AM »
Omari aint no small forward.

he's a 2 guard.  that's it.

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2008, 02:19:11 PM »

1) That would be the reason why we are not recruiting small forwards (except Parrom).

2) We will have to wait if they will play this season.

3) It looks unfortunately true.

I think it's that Norm is confident that Kennedy will fill up most of the mins at the 3 spot after Mase is gone.

kjd01067

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 09:23:38 PM »
Kob have you heard anything recently on this guy?

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2008, 03:22:34 PM »
According to post regarding Stith & Lawerence he's signed early with us. 

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2008, 03:29:22 PM »
According to post regarding Stith & Lawerence he's signed early with us. 

Where are you seeing this ?
Molloy '71