Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S(Signed LOI)

• 177 replies
Re: Dwight Hardy - G - Indian Hills CC - Ottumwa, IA - ST. JOHN'S(Signed LOI)
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2008, 05:40:58 PM »
im not goin into it further, bc i think the people on the board can make up their own minds about which post was stupid...also i hate to stray from the thread topic, especially with bs...all im gonna say is, ur already at -3 karma after 4 posts...i think its safe to say why

You are demented pal . I voiced my opinion in my original post and you flat out attacked it.   I am certainly not new to posting having posted on Redmen for years.. so i could care less about your Karma or anyone elses for that matter.  I get out and watch my team and i get out often and watch high school kids.. If you dont like my opinion about the staffs direction re: recruiting then fine.. I love Omari and like Dwight .. but please dont attack me like im some rookie pal.. How many kids have you watched play before giving your " internet story" opinion?   One thing i hope we can all agree on is that the season is upon us  :) :) :)    Let's kick some tail tonight!!! 

Lets tone it down. You're new here. Everyone has a clean slate when they arrive but you are starting off on the wrong foot. Don't go back and forth calling someone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded or demented. You won't last very long if you keep that up. Keep the discussion to hoops. Any problems with another poster PM or Email me your concerns. This seems to be the theme of the night. DEK24@JohnnyJungle.com

Oh i get it now.. This is the new Redmen.com where moderators pick and choose there battles right?  Better re read this whole thread before you acuse me of calling anyone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded. I merely responded to another poster saying i made a " http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded " statement.  Thank you very much enjoy  :)  Never called anyone http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMpsttlXye8&feature=relateded .. AND I WILL SAY AGAIN  Lets go get a win tonight  :)   Pm me if you have any questions Dave

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
Jordan and Bird playin horse no doubt the best bball commercial of all times. 
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

mkras99

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2008, 01:37:00 PM »
Jucojunction has him as the 10th ranked juco:

http://jucojunction.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2309

Famous is 11th. 

sjd8886

« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2008, 01:48:53 PM »
well everyone says the kid can flat out score...his numbers show it...a welcome addition, especially since he'll be ready to play right when he walks in the door

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2008, 01:55:59 PM »
well everyone says the kid can flat out score...his numbers show it...a welcome addition, especially since he'll be ready to play right when he walks in the door

Hardy hadn't been putting up the same kind of numbers early this year but went for 21 with 4 three pointers saturday night.

mkras99

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »

Hardy hadn't been putting up the same kind of numbers early this year but went for 21 with 4 three pointers saturday night.
He really shone at last year's njcaa tourney - just put up outstanding numbers there.

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2008, 03:05:44 PM »

He really shone at last year's njcaa tourney - just put up outstanding numbers there.

I read he averaged 30 ppg in that tournament. Pretty impressive but you have to consider the level of competition. It is always a risk taling on a junior college kid. Although we have had some good luck in the past with them. Let's just hope he is more in the mold of a Bootsy, Boo or Mo instead of a bust like Patterson.

Can hardy play the point or is he strictly a two guard?

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2008, 05:21:13 PM »

I read he averaged 30 ppg in that tournament. Pretty impressive but you have to consider the level of competition. It is always a risk taling on a junior college kid. Although we have had some good luck in the past with them. Let's just hope he is more in the mold of a Bootsy, Boo or Mo instead of a bust like Patterson.

Can hardy play the point or is he strictly a two guard?

He hardly passed when i saw him at JFK.. That's not to say he cant be a pg.. but he def looks for his shot first :)

Randomhero423

« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2008, 07:03:59 PM »
he's a pure 2. 

« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2008, 07:52:21 PM »

Yes he did but I was only pointing out he hadn't had a break out game yet this year (they've played 4 or 5).  Last year he also apparently came on at the end of the season.  Remember reading that the last 8 weeks he was torrid including said JC championship tournament.

« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2008, 08:36:12 PM »
he's a pure 2. 

Have you seen him play?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2008, 09:43:25 PM »
Jucojunction has him as the 10th ranked juco:

http://jucojunction.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=2309

Famous is 11th. 

Is there any possibility that Famous has drastically improved? Everyone that has seen him seems to think he's terrible, but there are some big-time coaches paying visits, and top 11 is nothing to sneeze at.

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2008, 10:10:17 PM »
Welcome back my brother.
Dream took a few year but a dream deferr is better than a dream lost.
Coach M pop the champagne and we all celebratin at JFK.
Choz - what do you think of his game (assuming he's gotten better as the years have passed by)?  You think he can get us 12-15 ppg next year?

Hard to say bre since the 4 train dont get out to Iowa much.
Some of my peeps say DHs game is takin off and that he much stronger than he was back at JFK. But I only like given scoutin reports on playaz I seen wit my own eyes. That why I didnt say nuthin 'bout Justin when he was up at prep.

Anyways, here the Dwight Hardy I remember.
Dwight can pop like Radar. Give the brother some daylight and he knockin down. Aint sayin it a 22-footer. Just sayin if he got some room 18 and in, it goin down. That off the drib or off the catch. He work like hell to get hisself open and when he do, he poppin from evry angle imaginable.

So like the old McDonald's commercial with Jordan and Bird... he can hit through the rafter... off the wall... nothing but net! =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oACRt-Qp-s

Classic! Thanks Dave!

mkras99

« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2008, 07:26:06 PM »
Hardy finally breaks out this year:

http://www.ottumwacourier.com/sports/local_story_334004931.html?keyword=topstory

Hot-shooting Warriors roll

FORT SMITH, Ark. — Dwight Hardy hit seven-of-10 shots from 3-point range and the Indian Hills basketball team shook off the dust quickly after a 10-day break on the way to a 92-59 win over Weatherford Friday at the Arkansas-Fort Smith Thanksgiving Classic.

The Warriors took a 9-0 lead right out of the gates and Hardy drained five of his seven 3-pointers in the first half as Indian Hills took a 20 point halftime lead over Weatherford (Tex.). Hardy finished with a season-high 25 points, while Delvon Johnson added 18 points, also a season high. Johnson grabbed six rebounds while Marcus Relphorde led the Warrirors with seven to go along with his nine points in the 33-point IHCC victory.

The Warriors shot better than 61 percent from the field (38-of-62) on the way to improving their record on the season to 8-1. Indian Hills had been off since Nov. 18, when the Warriors took a 64-55 win at Kirkwood.

James Washington had nine points and led IHCC with eight assists. Khaliq Gross also had nine points in the contest while Dwight Buycks added eight.

Indian Hills will face Ranger Junior College, also out of Texas, today at the classic-style tournament. Ranger is 8-3 on the season and took an 83-63 loss to Missouri-West Plains in other action Friday.

IHCC 92, Weatherford 59

IHCC (92) — Dwight Hardy 25, James Washington 9, Dwight Buycks 8, Leon Powell 6, Delvon Johnson 18, Marcus Relphorde 9, Wellington Alvarenga 6, Khaliq Gross 9, Brad Burgus 2. Totals 38-62 6-9 92.

3-point goals — 10-21 (Hardy 7, Gross 2, Washington). Fouled out — None. Rebounds — 39 (Relphorde 7, Johnson 6). Assists — 24 (Washington 8, Hardy 5). Steals — 8 (Hardy 3). Blocks — 1 (Johnson) Total fouls — 23. Turnovers — 12.

Halftime — Indian Hills 48, Weatherford 28.

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2008, 07:43:13 PM »
Awesome that Hardy is shooting so hot but it does scare me a bit because Avery Paterson was draining an absurd amount of 3's too. Basically its awesome he can shoot but I hope he is not just hanging out at the 3 pt line waiting to drain open shots against weak competition. The answer to this question in unknown.

« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2008, 08:37:52 PM »
Awesome that Hardy is shooting so hot but it does scare me a bit because Avery Paterson was draining an absurd amount of 3's too. Basically its awesome he can shoot but I hope he is not just hanging out at the 3 pt line waiting to drain open shots against weak competition. The answer to this question in unknown.

From what other people have told me... he is not like that.

mkras99

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2008, 12:46:06 PM »
Another big game for Hardy:

http://ihccathletics.blogspot.com/2008/12/basketball.html

Monday, December 01, 2008
Basketball:
Fort Smith, Arkansas -- The fifth-ranked Indian Hills basketball team picked up their second wire-to-wire win in less than 24 hours when they defeated Ranger Junior College, 85-62 on Saturday at the Lions Thanksgiving Classic in a game that began at 11am.
The Warriors weren't bothered at all by the early start time as they roared out to a quick 21-7 lead, with Dwight Hardy scoring the final 10 points in the barrage. Hardy was coming off a season-high 25 points against Weatherford the day before and nearly matched that with 23 against the Rangers.
Ranger finally got untracked offensively after trailing by 14 points and cut the IHCC lead in half with a 7-0 run. Corin Henry did his best to keep the Rangers in the game in the first half, pouring in 18 points in the opening 20 minutes. But Henry got in foul trouble in the second half and added only three points in the final stanza.
Meanwhile, Indian Hills took advantage of 34 fouls called against RJC by making 73 percent of their 48 free-throw attempts. Not bad for a team that was shooting under 60 percent for the season from the foul line coming into the game. Dwight Buycks shot 22 free throws and made 16 of them on his way to a season-high 24 points that led the IHCC scoring. He and Hardy were the lone Warrior players with more than 10, but James Washington added nine and Leon Powell and Delvon Johnson had eight apiece.
Ranger matched IHCC's total of 23 field goals, but was hurt by 1-of-15 shooting from three-point range and the large number of fouls, including four technical fouls, whistled against the Texans.
The sweep in Arkansas capped a stretch of three straight road games for the Warriors who now play their next four games at home, starting with a contest against Moberly Area CC on Tuesday night at 7:00.

INDIAN HILLS 85, RANGER 62

INDIAN HILLS Dwight Hardy 7 7-7 23, James Washington 2 4-6 9, Dwight Buycks 4 16-22 24, Leon Powell 2 4-4 8, Delvon Johnson 4 0-0 8, Marcus Relphorde 1 2-4 4, Damian Windham 0 0-0 0, Wellington Alvarenga 0 0-0 0, Jerome Van Der List 1 0-0 3, Khaliq Gross 2 2-5 6, Brad Burgus 0 0-0 0, Donald Davis 0 0-0 0 Team 23 35-48 85

RANGER Corin Henry 9 2-3 21, Bryant Purvis 2 0-0 4, Duwan Kornegay 2 0-0 4, Darren Enemuch 0 2-2 2, Malik Edwards 2 2-5 6, Louis Crane 0 0-0 0, Marvin Storey 0 1-2 1, Jerome Burgos 1 0-0 2, Fred Williams 0 0-0 0, George Ceniceros 0 0-0 0, Jeremy Dean 3 7-11 13, Rondell Thomas 1 0-0 2, Tanner Bruffey 1 1-3 3, Chris O'Neal 1 0-0 2 Team 23 15-26 62

Halftime score: Indian Hills 42, Ranger 35; Three-point field goals: IHCC 4 (Hardy 2, Washington 1, Van Der List 1), RJC 1 (Henry 1)

Poison

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2008, 03:22:23 PM »
Another big game for Hardy:

http://ihccathletics.blogspot.com/2008/12/basketball.html

Monday, December 01, 2008
Basketball:
Fort Smith, Arkansas -- The fifth-ranked Indian Hills basketball team picked up their second wire-to-wire win in less than 24 hours when they defeated Ranger Junior College, 85-62 on Saturday at the Lions Thanksgiving Classic in a game that began at 11am.
The Warriors weren't bothered at all by the early start time as they roared out to a quick 21-7 lead, with Dwight Hardy scoring the final 10 points in the barrage. Hardy was coming off a season-high 25 points against Weatherford the day before and nearly matched that with 23 against the Rangers.
Ranger finally got untracked offensively after trailing by 14 points and cut the IHCC lead in half with a 7-0 run. Corin Henry did his best to keep the Rangers in the game in the first half, pouring in 18 points in the opening 20 minutes. But Henry got in foul trouble in the second half and added only three points in the final stanza.
Meanwhile, Indian Hills took advantage of 34 fouls called against RJC by making 73 percent of their 48 free-throw attempts. Not bad for a team that was shooting under 60 percent for the season from the foul line coming into the game. Dwight Buycks shot 22 free throws and made 16 of them on his way to a season-high 24 points that led the IHCC scoring. He and Hardy were the lone Warrior players with more than 10, but James Washington added nine and Leon Powell and Delvon Johnson had eight apiece.
Ranger matched IHCC's total of 23 field goals, but was hurt by 1-of-15 shooting from three-point range and the large number of fouls, including four technical fouls, whistled against the Texans.
The sweep in Arkansas capped a stretch of three straight road games for the Warriors who now play their next four games at home, starting with a contest against Moberly Area CC on Tuesday night at 7:00.

INDIAN HILLS 85, RANGER 62

INDIAN HILLS Dwight Hardy 7 7-7 23, James Washington 2 4-6 9, Dwight Buycks 4 16-22 24, Leon Powell 2 4-4 8, Delvon Johnson 4 0-0 8, Marcus Relphorde 1 2-4 4, Damian Windham 0 0-0 0, Wellington Alvarenga 0 0-0 0, Jerome Van Der List 1 0-0 3, Khaliq Gross 2 2-5 6, Brad Burgus 0 0-0 0, Donald Davis 0 0-0 0 Team 23 35-48 85

RANGER Corin Henry 9 2-3 21, Bryant Purvis 2 0-0 4, Duwan Kornegay 2 0-0 4, Darren Enemuch 0 2-2 2, Malik Edwards 2 2-5 6, Louis Crane 0 0-0 0, Marvin Storey 0 1-2 1, Jerome Burgos 1 0-0 2, Fred Williams 0 0-0 0, George Ceniceros 0 0-0 0, Jeremy Dean 3 7-11 13, Rondell Thomas 1 0-0 2, Tanner Bruffey 1 1-3 3, Chris O'Neal 1 0-0 2 Team 23 15-26 62

Halftime score: Indian Hills 42, Ranger 35; Three-point field goals: IHCC 4 (Hardy 2, Washington 1, Van Der List 1), RJC 1 (Henry 1)

Help me out here, what do these numbers mean?

Dwight Hardy 7 7-7 23

Did Hardy go 7-7 from the floor?