How many of you?

• 23 replies
How many of you?
« on: December 12, 2007, 04:28:05 AM »
Look at the main page of the site? Or do you just jump straight to the forum?

There are so many updates all the time on the main page and I encourage all of you to look at it before linking up here. There is already an update in the process of writing this post.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: How many of you?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:50:55 AM »
JJ

I for 1 go straight to the forum. I check forum 2x /day (main much less)

You might want to put a link to main page on top of  forum page.

The "home" link brings you to forum main page only.

Steve
Molloy '71

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:04:26 AM »
JJ
You might want to put a link to main page on top of  forum page.
Steve

Seconded.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »
Sorry, there already.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 12:42:37 PM »
Where ?
Molloy '71

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 12:45:09 PM »
Straight for the boards...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »
yea this is a problem in my eyes and I'm going to be trying a few things to try and train you guys to go to the main page first as opposed right to the boards.

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 02:18:37 PM »
JJ,
I meant to ask, but why do I have to always input my username and password every time I access the boards? I click "Always stay logged in" every time, but as always, I have to type everything in again. Is there a fix? Thanks!

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 04:12:23 PM »
right to the boards
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 04:13:53 PM »
I check it out

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 04:43:28 PM »
See the difference between Johnny Jungle and BEB or Redmen.com is we have a fully functional website. We offer pre and post game articles, other editorials, cheerleader and dance team pages, recruiting page, and our not to forget our own Radio Station.

I know redmen.com has boxscores and recruiting database and people do check those but its different. They are more of an archive type style in their site. BEB is also just a forum too without a website and thats fine I'm not trying to claim one is better than the other but its just different. I think it would enhance your time here if you visited www.johnnyjungle.com before you hop to www.johnnyjungle.com/forum.

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 07:40:35 PM »
maybe i'm going to the wrong recruiting site..but the information seems to be very outdated.

i just read the niagara pre game analysis, which is very good.  it was also easy to get to.

Randomhero423

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 08:00:22 PM »
i go staright to the boards.  look at the cheerleadin/dancer stuff wen updated (very cool btw).  don't really read any of the analysis stuff since i won't be reading anything i won't know about STJ.  recruiting pg needs some help. but thing is, we look like a complete mystery. so not totally ur fault.

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 08:00:42 PM »
what's outdated about it? Maybe I can fix...

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 08:02:55 PM »
don't really read any of the analysis stuff since i won't be reading anything i won't know about STJ. 

can I serve you a slice of humble pie?

I think the pre-game articles you would enjoy getting to know our opponents inside and out. You may agree or disagree with it but isn't that why we all come to the boards anyways? To debate sports...

kjd01067

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 08:08:25 PM »
I make my way and read everything on the homepage.  But I usually don't do it till I see one of your posts that says somethings update JJ !

Randomhero423

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 08:12:28 PM »
don't really read any of the analysis stuff since i won't be reading anything i won't know about STJ. 

.can I serve you a slice of humble pie?

I think the pre-game articles you would enjoy getting to know our opponents inside and out. You may agree or disagree with it but isn't that why we all come to the boards anyways? To debate sports...

i'm not saying i know more about college sports than the writer (s).  just, i'm confident in knowing a lot about this STJ team. and i'm not intrested about niagara's team at all (as it should be a automatic win).  i'll probably be familar with enough BE teams by the time that begins.   i may read it when it comes to teams i'm not that knowledgeable about. 

it's defintely a good feature don't get me wrong.

Randomhero423

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 08:18:02 PM »
the recruiting pg looks alright.  riek's not considering STJ anymore btw.

i think it'd be better if there was more inside info/exclusive interviews w/ players.  and maybe scouting reports from posters (i'd have no prob doing that about recruits for nxt yr). 

i think the recruiting pg should be the one being updated the most w/ more info and reports about games people have been to.  i think that'd be awesome.

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 10:42:45 PM »

.can I serve you a slice of humble pie?

i'm not saying i know more about college sports than the writer (s).  just, i'm confident in knowing a lot about this STJ team. and i'm not intrested about niagara's team at all (as it should be a automatic win).  i'll probably be familar with enough BE teams by the time that begins.   i may read it when it comes to teams i'm not that knowledgeable about. 

it's defintely a good feature don't get me wrong.

You are entitled to your feelings however I love the game of basketball and I love to see it, talk about it, and read about it. Even if I think I am fairly well versed in a topic I like to gather others opinions on it as well because they could perhaps look at something a way I have not. I feel you are limiting yourself Randomhero if you are looking at these games with such tunnel vision. Niagara isn't a bad a team at all and I don't think they are a roll over win like the NEC nor do I think they are a great challenge but they should put up a good fight and if underestimated they could sneak away with a win. I like to read the Calm Before the Storm's because I'm interested in seeing what style of play these teams feature, who they have played and how they have looked, what we need to do to beat them, and the history between our matchups.

I also agree the recruiting page isn't superb and I would like to improve upon it and if I could get someone to help out with it to be a field type reporter that would be awesome. I'm hoping to expand next year with the addition of more staff to cover more events.

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 11:12:48 PM »
Go to the forum first, then like to check out the blog sites; zagsblog, hoops weiss, etc