James Stukes - SF - Rice HS - New York, NY

• 4 replies

kjd01067

James Stukes - SF - Rice HS - New York, NY
« on: June 25, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=820526

Maurice Wingate
NYCHoops.net

On every successful team there must be one guy who's down to get his hands dirty. For the NYCHoops #1 ranked team the NY Gauchos, that guy is James Stukes.

At 6'5" 215lbs, Stukes is a dominant both when he plays for Rice H.S. and when he plays AAU for the Gauchos.

His AAU Coach Dwayne Mitchell says, "James is an in-between player. He plays the 4 but is learning to play the 3. He's aggressive, has a good midrange game and knows how to attack the rim."

His hard work is paying off as colleges are starting to knock at his door. Currently, Southern U, Quinnipiac, Siena, L.I.U. and Iona have made offers and he's also received interest from St. John's University.

According to Coach Mitchell, the rising senior is keeping his options open. Stukes will be participating in the Eastern Invitational Camps and will be playing in the NIKE Peach Jam.

kjd01067

Re: James Stukes - SF - Rice HS - New York, NY
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 07:44:09 AM »
http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=825159

Maurice Wingate
NYCHoops.net

NYCHoops recently sat down with Rice H.S. junior forward James Stukes to discuss his game and to get a recruiting update.

Stukes plays for the NYCHoops #1 ranked NY Gauchos during the summer, along with Rice teammate Durand Scott, has been described as a rough and rugged big man who will defend the paint and create offensive primarily as a result of offensive rebounds.

When asked about how he plays the game, Stukes responded, "If a have a center, smaller than me guarding me, I gonna take him off the post. If I have a bigger player guarding me and I know he can't guard me, I gonna take him on the wing and go to the basket."

Stukes, at 6'5" 215lbs, is labeled as a powerful small forward but he wants to improve his dribbling and shooting skills to expand his game.

For Rice High School in Manhattan, NY, Stukes plays the four position but ideally he would like to play the three position. "My coach (Mo Hicks) says it going to be different this year but sometimes I will have to play the four," says Stukes, who shows that he is the consummate team player.

James Stukes willingness to do what's necessary to win has caught the eye of college coaches. He's already received interest from St. John's, Sienna, Quinnipiac, Iona and L.I.U. has received recent additional interest from Buffalo, Manhattan and Albany.

Randomhero423

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 07:45:33 AM »
sounds like anthony glover.

kob24

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 11:35:47 AM »
nah anthony was a beast. james is a maac player

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 08:58:15 PM »
To IONA?  Should be hearing this shortly