« Reply #220 on: May 01, 2014, 09:22:09 PM »
Jesus Christ

paultzman

Re: Keith Thomas - F - Westchester CC - ST JOHN'S
« Reply #221 on: May 01, 2014, 09:23:58 PM »

paultzman

« Reply #222 on: May 01, 2014, 09:29:06 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Decision expected Sunday for Westchester CC forward Keith Thomas. #sjubb

« Reply #223 on: May 01, 2014, 09:29:31 PM »
Jesus Christ

Is he available?

Choosing between ST Joes and St Mary's.

paultzman

« Reply #224 on: May 01, 2014, 10:05:45 PM »
@AdamZagoria: WCC forward Keith Thomas will announce Sunday or Monday, possibly at @SNYtv. Loyola, St. John's, USF, Fordham.

LJSA

« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2014, 02:55:14 AM »
Jesus Christ

Is he available?

We'll need someone adept at playing on water after our tears flood the arena.

Tha Kid

« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2014, 09:26:15 AM »
Jesus Christ

Least it's between Big East and A10...not any MAAC crap...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2014, 09:34:16 AM »
Jesus Christ

Least it's between Big East and A10...not any MAAC crap...

Or Bradley or Illinois Chicago

« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2014, 09:39:36 AM »
Jesus Christ

Is he available?

We'll need someone adept at playing on water after our tears flood the arena.

tough to fill an arena with tears when it's only at 1/4 capacity.

Poison

« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2014, 11:54:47 AM »
If we lose a recruit to Fordham, I don't think the board will care all that much.

desco80

« Reply #230 on: May 02, 2014, 12:25:06 PM »
I still think he's a lock for SJU.     That doesn't mean he'll be the double-double machine some of you are envisioning. 
But he should be in Queens in the fall.   

« Reply #231 on: May 02, 2014, 12:30:31 PM »
I still think he's a lock for SJU.     That doesn't mean he'll be the double-double machine some of you are envisioning. 

Did someone actually say he'll be a double double machine?

desco80

« Reply #232 on: May 02, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »

I looked back, and no they didn't.   So I take that back.

But in general the recruiting situation looks abysmal. 

« Reply #233 on: May 02, 2014, 12:44:48 PM »

I actually agree with you on this one. I'm not sure this kid is going to have the impact many are hoping for. I was really holding out hope for Cunningham. I hope I'm wrong.

But I honestly think people are getting too caught up with saying we MUST have solid big men who can make up for Jakarr's scoring. Plenty of teams get by with guard heavy scoring and let their big men be role players. Thomas I think can be serviceable. If he gives us 5 and 4 I'd be happy.

Harrison is primed for another big year and it wouldn't shock me if he gets 20ppg. I think Jordan is ready to break out with a year under his belt. Phil to me looks like he started to accept his role as a spot up shooter which is what he should be and all we need him to be. Add a savvy Branch coming off the bench who showed flashes of being a good scorer, and I think we can make up for the lack of impact players in the frontcourt. Although Obekpa is an impact player IMO even if it's not scoring. Jones is the wild card.

« Reply #234 on: May 02, 2014, 01:04:44 PM »
Signing a guy from Westchester CC, who is choosing between SJU, Fordham and Souh Fla, won't catapult this team into the top 75.

hnk

« Reply #235 on: May 02, 2014, 01:27:22 PM »
Yes baldi

derk

« Reply #236 on: May 02, 2014, 01:29:15 PM »

I actually agree with you on this one. I'm not sure this kid is going to have the impact many are hoping for. I was really holding out hope for Cunningham. I hope I'm wrong.

But I honestly think people are getting too caught up with saying we MUST have solid big men who can make up for Jakarr's scoring. Plenty of teams get by with guard heavy scoring and let their big men be role players. Thomas I think can be serviceable. If he gives us 5 and 4 I'd be happy.

Harrison is primed for another big year and it wouldn't shock me if he gets 20ppg. I think Jordan is ready to break out with a year under his belt. Phil to me looks like he started to accept his role as a spot up shooter which is what he should be and all we need him to be. Add a savvy Branch coming off the bench who showed flashes of being a good scorer, and I think we can make up for the lack of impact players in the frontcourt. Although Obekpa is an impact player IMO even if it's not scoring. Jones is the wild card.

He should project to be the starting PF on a team with very pedestrian board men. Who really knows but as a guy who was a very solid JUCO rebounder I'd be very disappointed with 5 and 4. He's got to give us 5-7 and 10 boards. OTOH if Jones beats him out and he's playing backup minutes, I'll take 5 and 5.

Foad

« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2014, 01:53:43 PM »
He's got to give us ... 10 boards.

Who was the last SJU player to average 10 rebounds per game? Zendon Hamilton? Before that Berry. Anyone else? Less than ten: Harkless, Shawnelle Scott, Sealy, Glover, Lamont Hamilton, Werdan, Wennington, Shelton Jones, Minlend.

« Reply #238 on: May 02, 2014, 02:12:59 PM »
17 players in all of D1 averaged 10 rpg last year, only 3 from power conferences, Randle and Stokes who both declared for the NBA and Richard Solomon from Cal.  That makes it all the more amazing that UNLV had two such players last year, both BE transfers.  They must have missed a lot of shots themselves since Birch and Smith average 7.5 off rpg between them.

Poison

« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2014, 02:51:29 PM »
My guess: 4.4 points per game, and 5.4 boards. If you're a 10 rebound per game guy, your options extend further than Loyala Chicago, Fordham and USF.  If he was really a legitimate solution to replace Jakarr Sampson and Orlando Sanchez, he'd have been on our radar before mid April.