St. Mary's

• 136 replies
St. Mary's
« on: December 15, 2014, 04:00:29 PM »
This will be a quality opponent. The center is 6'10", 255 senior averaging 22 points and 10 rebounds, and considered one of the better traditional post up bigmen in the country. . There are two 6'11' guys behind him.The next two highest scorers are the guards, both in double digits,  one of whom is shooting 545 from three and leads the team in attempts. He was 5 of 6 againt Creighton. The team overall shoots 392 from three. Rebound didderential for the season is over ten. Going into Creighton and leaving with a win is impressive. We will need our A game.

TONYD3

Re: St. Mary's
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 04:27:59 PM »
St. Mary's center is big and their offense runs through him. They throw it into him almost every possion . He is big , has some talent, but he is slow. He is a very good passer. Can't double and leave shooters open. This is a good team, not as good as the Deldova led team. Wining at Creightion is a good win. But they are a bottom 1/3 big east team this year.
GET UR ASS TO THE GAME!

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 05:53:25 PM »
I seen posters are telling people to get to carnesecca on friday.

I asked last week if using mass transit was a good idea, since I don't have a ride.
And it being in Jamaica.
I'm asking one more time. Good idea or no?

Foad

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 05:57:38 PM »
I seen posters are telling people to get to carnesecca on friday. I asked last week if using mass transit was a good idea, since I don't have a ride. And it being in Jamaica. I'm asking one more time. Good idea or no?

Trust me: there is no better idea than taking mass transit to Jamaica. If only for the atmosphere.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 06:01:00 PM »
I seen posters are telling people to get to carnesecca on friday. I asked last week if using mass transit was a good idea, since I don't have a ride. And it being in Jamaica. I'm asking one more time. Good idea or no?
Depends where you are comig from. SJU is at Jamicia Estates and off of Union Turnpike which is safe. If you can take a buses there you will have no worries. I never took the train to SJU, but I know it is a bit of a walk from the train to SJU. Not an expert on the train though. 
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 06:12:47 PM »
Depends where you are comig from. SJU is at Jamicia Estates and off of Union Turnpike which is safe. If you can take a buses there you will have no worries. I never took the train to SJU, but I know it is a bit of a walk from the train to SJU. Not an expert on the train though.

I'm in Woodside, if I go i'll probably take the 7 to flushing and take a bus from there.
Thanks.
I never been there, how much are the tickets?

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 06:29:11 PM »
I'm in Woodside, if I go i'll probably take the 7 to flushing and take a bus from there. Thanks. I never been there, how much are the tickets?
Buy tickets on stubhub or vivid seats. Saw them as little as 3 bucks. I would get to Jamica station. Could take LIRR or E train.Then take a Gypsey cab to campus. Cab should cost about 10 bucks. U could probably take a city bus. Cab is well worth the money in my opinion.  That is what I have done. Not the cheapest, but not a fan of city buses. If you take a cab, make sure it takes you to UNION and Utopia entrance. 

Moose

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 06:45:02 PM »
I'm in Woodside, if I go i'll probably take the 7 to flushing and take a bus from there. Thanks. I never been there, how much are the tickets?

You have never been to a game at Carnesseca?
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 06:46:24 PM »
Take the E to Queen Blvd/Union Turnpike, switch to the Q46 bus and it will take you right to campus.   I guess coming from Woodside you could switch to the E at Roosevelt ave. 

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 07:21:43 PM »

You have never been to a game at Carnesseca?

Nope, never felt like trooping it on the train then taking the bus.
Much easier just going to MSG, the subway is right at the corner.

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2014, 07:24:33 PM »
Take the E to Queen Blvd/Union Turnpike, switch to the Q46 bus and it will take you right to campus.   I guess coming from Woodside you could switch to the E at Roosevelt ave.

Thanks, maybe i'll just do that.

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2014, 07:34:15 PM »
Take the E to Queen Blvd/Union Turnpike, switch to the Q46 bus and it will take you right to campus.   I guess coming from Woodside you could switch to the E at Roosevelt ave.

Thanks, maybe i'll just do that.

Best way to go IMO. Just remember it's rush hour so expect a line for the Q46. You can take either the local or the Express Q46. Express makes less stops of course.

Poison

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2014, 07:39:00 PM »
Buy tickets on stubhub or vivid seats. Saw them as little as 3 bucks. I would get to Jamica station. Could take LIRR or E train.Then take a Gypsey cab to campus. Cab should cost about 10 bucks. U could probably take a city bus. Cab is well worth the money in my opinion. That is what I have done. Not the cheapest, but not a fan of city buses. If you take a cab, make sure it takes you to UNION and Utopia entrance.
Vivid charges an $8 eticket fee. F them. Might as well use StubHub. 

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 07:46:16 PM »
Buy tickets on stubhub or vivid seats. Saw them as little as 3 bucks. I would get to Jamica station. Could take LIRR or E train.Then take a Gypsey cab to campus. Cab should cost about 10 bucks. U could probably take a city bus. Cab is well worth the money in my opinion. That is what I have done. Not the cheapest, but not a fan of city buses. If you take a cab, make sure it takes you to UNION and Utopia entrance.

This is what I usually do when taking mass transit.  The problem is arranging a cab home.  Back to woodside from campus is probably $20.  Uber

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 08:08:42 PM »
This will be a quality opponent. The center is 6'10", 255 senior averaging 22 points and 10 rebounds, and considered one of the better traditional post up bigmen in the country. . There are two 6'11' guys behind him.The next two highest scorers are the guards, both in double digits, one of whom is shooting 545 from three and leads the team in attempts. He was 5 of 6 againt Creighton. The team overall shoots 392 from three. Rebound didderential for the season is over ten. Going into Creighton and leaving with a win is impressive. We will need our A game.

The three guys who get the most minutes are 6'2 6'1 5'11. This is not a team that will be able to kill us on the boards. Neutralize Waldow and we should be good. 
I didnt realize that Aaron Bright transferred there from Stanford. He is the 5'11 guard (generous) and is the type of guard who has given our guys problems in the past. Very  good shooter and able to get by his defender. He is my biggest concern. 
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 08:19:49 PM »

Then I gotta go to the stubhub store to pick them up? Nah I'm to lazy for all that extra stuff.
Just going directly from here to SJU, I'll call their ticket office to make sure plenty is still available
I'll pay the $25 in the upper corner, even though stubhub could be less.

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 08:22:07 PM »
Then I gotta go to the stubhub store to pick them up? Nah I'm to lazy for all that extra stuff. Just going directly from here to SJU, I'll call their ticket office to make sure plenty is still available I'll pay the $25 in the upper corner, even though stubhub could be less.

This isn't the stone age. You can print them out.

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 08:42:53 PM »
i'ts easy

1) stubhub.com
2) buy
3) print
4) show up
5) enjoy the game.

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 11:45:28 PM »
They have a senior laden lineup like us.  Looking at the ticket resale sites makes me think it won't be well attended..

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 01:26:44 AM »
I can pick you up. Driving from Manhattan.