Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: around the big east
« Reply #2580 on: April 08, 2015, 03:44:20 PM »
Unless Dunn returns, DSR is probably the pre-season favorite for player of the year in the conference.
He's gone, no?  I thought he declared last week.

I heard Dunn as of yesterday is leaning towards coming back. Kind of shocked.
I as referring to Smith-rivera. I thought Rivera would be back, but he's not coming back.

Said he withdrew his name from the draft and will be back at Georgetown next year.

« Reply #2581 on: April 08, 2015, 03:51:56 PM »
Unless Dunn returns, DSR is probably the pre-season favorite for player of the year in the conference.
He's gone, no?  I thought he declared last week.

I heard Dunn as of yesterday is leaning towards coming back. Kind of shocked.
I as referring to Smith-rivera. I thought Rivera would be back, but he's not coming back.

Said he withdrew his name from the draft and will be back at Georgetown next year.
whoa. Good thing he got smart before the 25th. Next year will benefit him

« Reply #2582 on: April 13, 2015, 12:20:56 PM »
@JonRothstein: Kansas State transfer Marcus Foster will visit Creighton this weekend (4/17-19), source told @CBSSports. LSU also in the mix.

« Reply #2583 on: April 13, 2015, 05:29:31 PM »
@JonRothstein: Georgetown will take a foreign tour to Italy in August, JT3 told @CBSSports. Hoyas will play exhibition games and have 10 practices.

« Reply #2584 on: April 13, 2015, 07:01:29 PM »
@JonRothstein: Villanova will host Nebraska as part of the Big East-Big Ten Challenge, source told @CBSSports. Dates expected to be announced this week.

I'm still hoping we get a team like Nebraska.

« Reply #2585 on: April 13, 2015, 07:30:59 PM »
@JonRothstein: Villanova will host Nebraska as part of the Big East-Big Ten Challenge, source told @CBSSports. Dates expected to be announced this week.

Why? give us a big game. I want a Wisconsin return game.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #2586 on: April 13, 2015, 07:36:26 PM »
Why would Nova get Nebraska? I want to play Michigan, Michigan St., or Ohio State.

« Reply #2587 on: April 13, 2015, 07:36:34 PM »
That's awful.  Would think they would try to give Nova a better matchup
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #2588 on: April 13, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »

In 3 years I would agree. Think we will struggle next year.

« Reply #2589 on: April 13, 2015, 09:02:33 PM »

I wont be surprised or upset if we do struggle next year. But regardless I'd rather play the best teams from the big 10 each year. Publicity and a good measuring stick.

Moose

« Reply #2590 on: April 13, 2015, 09:40:23 PM »

I wont be surprised or upset if we do struggle next year. But regardless I'd rather play the best teams from the big 10 each year. Publicity and a good measuring stick.

My early Marillac-esque prediction is next years team will have a better record than Lavin's 2nd year.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2591 on: April 13, 2015, 10:00:56 PM »

My early Marillac-esque prediction is next years team will have a better record than Lavin's 2nd year.

+/- 13 wins and moose has the over? Me too, different league though.

TONYD3

« Reply #2592 on: April 13, 2015, 10:12:59 PM »
If we have Jordan we can be good.

« Reply #2593 on: April 13, 2015, 10:43:49 PM »

All depends on who else is added. Staff has filled some holes but we need to replace a lot of offense. Jordan and Williams will help but we need another player or two that can put the ball in the basket. Really hope they can pull off a miracle.

With that said I am very happy that they are building a roster for the next few years.

« Reply #2594 on: April 14, 2015, 12:30:12 AM »
@JonRothstein: Georgetown will take a foreign tour to Italy in August, JT3 told @CBSSports. Hoyas will play exhibition games and have 10 practices.
And in a related note coach JT3 said he expects this Hoya squad to jell by Feb or March. :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 12:30:47 AM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #2595 on: April 14, 2015, 10:06:15 AM »
And in a related note coach JT3 said he expects this Hoya squad to jell by Feb or March. :)

i went to Georgetown for the first time this weekend... WOW.  beautiful city and campus. truly has to be one of the best college environments in the country.   

« Reply #2596 on: April 14, 2015, 10:21:18 AM »
@JonRothstein: Villanova and Oklahoma will play a neutral site game in Hawaii on 12/7/15, sources told @CBSSports. Story: http://t.co/Yimwpl8Zz2

Johnny23

« Reply #2597 on: April 14, 2015, 10:53:46 AM »

i went to Georgetown for the first time this weekend... WOW.  beautiful city and campus. truly has to be one of the best college environments in the country.

Spent my 4 undergrad years down there and many more years down there with my relatives in the summers. It is a great city with a ton to offer a college kid. However, once you graduate, it's time to move on unless you work in politics or something related to the federal gov't. DC has changed a ton for the better (much safer) since the early 2000's.

redslope

« Reply #2598 on: April 14, 2015, 10:56:25 AM »
@JonRothstein: Villanova and Oklahoma will play a neutral site game in Hawaii on 12/7/15, sources told @CBSSports. Story: http://t.co/Yimwpl8Zz2
A date which will live in infamy

redslope

« Reply #2599 on: April 14, 2015, 01:44:47 PM »

The challenge offers some great natural rivalries that do not get played often such as Georgetown/MD; Xavier/Ohio St.; Butler/Indiana-Purdue; DePaul/NW-Ill; Marquette/Wisc-Minn; Creighton/Neb-Iowa; Nova/Penn St.; SH/RU; and what I would love as a double header in MSG SJU & Prov/ Mich & MSU