Around Big East

• 3954 replies
Re: around the big east
« Reply #2600 on: April 14, 2015, 02:55:03 PM »
@JonRothstein: Villanova will host Nebraska as part of the Big East-Big Ten Challenge, source told @CBSSports. Dates expected to be announced this week.

I'm still hoping we get a team like Nebraska.
The challenge offers some great natural rivalries that do not get played often such as Georgetown/MD; Xavier/Ohio St.; Butler/Indiana-Purdue; DePaul/NW-Ill; Marquette/Wisc-Minn; Creighton/Neb-Iowa; Nova/Penn St.; SH/RU; and what I would love as a double header in MSG SJU & Prov/ Mich & MSU

Man that would be great if they did a double header at MSG ever year. Contingent on us being a part of it of course.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2601 on: April 17, 2015, 12:50:35 PM »
@GoodmanESPN: Kansas State transfer Marcus Foster is headed to weekend visit to Creighton. Told ESPN he is also considering Miami, LSU, Gonzaga.

sju89tr

« Reply #2602 on: April 17, 2015, 02:08:24 PM »
@JonRothstein: Georgetown will take a foreign tour to Italy in August, JT3 told @CBSSports. Hoyas will play exhibition games and have 10 practices.
And in a related note coach JT3 said he expects this Hoya squad to jell by Feb or March. :)

i went to Georgetown for the first time this weekend... WOW.  beautiful city and campus. truly has to be one of the best college environments in the country.   

I went there in 2012 when the Hoyas were recruiting my son. I felt truly sick thinking that I could have a kid at Georgetown. Honestly though a wonderful institution, beautiful campus, city, and their athletic facilities are very nice.   

paultzman

« Reply #2603 on: April 21, 2015, 04:17:02 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: At least Big East-Big Ten Challenge got one game right with Georgetown-Maryland. That's very good.

« Reply #2604 on: April 21, 2015, 04:20:23 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: At least Big East-Big Ten Challenge got one game right with Georgetown-Maryland. That's very good.
I've been waiting for that one for 22 years - lol.  GTown's been bitching about no home court advantage at Verizon Ctr. 

Perfect time to play them  ;D

paultzman

« Reply #2605 on: April 21, 2015, 04:45:04 PM »
@BSnowScout: B1G v Big East
Xavier @ Michigan
Creighton @ Ind
Rutgers @ St. John's
Ill @ Prov
Neb @ Nova
Penn St vs DePaul
Iowa vs Marquette
G'town vs MD

« Reply #2606 on: April 21, 2015, 04:48:49 PM »
Xavier @ Michigan
Creighton @ Ind
Rutgers @ St. John's
Ill @ Prov
Neb @ Nova
Penn St vs DePaul
Iowa vs Marquette
G'town vs MD

So no mich st, wisc, or ohio st, in the first year. Those are the guys I want.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #2607 on: April 21, 2015, 06:01:31 PM »
Nova got the worst matchup.  Then us.

TONYD3

« Reply #2608 on: April 21, 2015, 06:44:11 PM »
Xavier @ Michigan
Creighton @ Ind
Rutgers @ St. John's
Ill @ Prov
Neb @ Nova
Penn St vs DePaul
Iowa vs Marquette
G'town vs MD
Who ever put this together should be fired. Penn.State vs Depaul. Awful

« Reply #2609 on: April 21, 2015, 06:48:32 PM »
Aside from Georgetown/Maryland, zzzzzz.

« Reply #2610 on: April 22, 2015, 02:42:06 AM »
Aside from Georgetown/Maryland, zzzzzz.
Totally agree. As for SJU-Rutgers I would rather see the surviving members of the 75-76 teams play each other.  :)

paultzman

« Reply #2611 on: April 22, 2015, 01:14:06 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Big East and Big Ten officially announce underwhelming slate of games. #sjubb-Rutgers Nov. 19 at MSG.

redslope

« Reply #2612 on: April 22, 2015, 05:13:58 PM »
The 2 leagues blew it with not having some natural rivalries and putting this for the most part, in campus arenas.  Should have selected 4 venues for doubleheaders in major cities impacting conferences such as NY, DC, Chi and Indianapolis--all have major NBA arenas and make them rivalry games where the teams don't usually play each other.

MCNPA

« Reply #2613 on: April 22, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »
The 2 leagues blew it with not having some natural rivalries and putting this for the most part, in campus arenas.  Should have selected 4 venues for doubleheaders in major cities impacting conferences such as NY, DC, Chi and Indianapolis--all have major NBA arenas and make them rivalry games where the teams don't usually play each other.

They should have done more to create real draws.  SJU vs Michigan and Nova vs Michigan State at the Garden would have been great.  Two Michigan teams, lots of Michigan school alums in NYC.   Another double header with georgetown vs Maryland and Wisconsin vs marquette in DC or Chicago.  If they needed to match up Rutgers, it should have been with the hall as a triple header at msg.  Plenty of other good choices but they screwed it up.

« Reply #2614 on: April 22, 2015, 05:27:07 PM »
@NYPost_Brazille: Big East and Big Ten officially announce underwhelming slate of games. #sjubb-Rutgers Nov. 19 at MSG.

Game will be at CA. Billy Joel concert at MSG on Nov 19.

« Reply #2615 on: April 22, 2015, 05:42:45 PM »

That's actually not too bad then, it's easy for the students to attend and should be a fun environment as (one of) the first home games for mullin versus an empty msg.  now I don't mind that it's rutgers so much

« Reply #2616 on: April 22, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »

Damn, was hoping Billy Joel was playing at halftime of the SJU-Rutgers game.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #2617 on: April 22, 2015, 07:13:00 PM »
Is just bad scheduling is it that the B10 doesn't respect the BE?
Cougar O' Malley

Moose

« Reply #2618 on: April 23, 2015, 01:07:19 AM »
Would I have liked to play MSU or Mich? Sure

But Maui is gonna be a killer for us for starters. I'll take an easy one to help us get above 500
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2619 on: April 23, 2015, 07:52:09 AM »
Would I have liked to play MSU or Mich? Sure

But Maui is gonna be a killer for us for starters. I'll take an easy one to help us get above 500

Agree. Being above 500 is key to our future recruiting. Other coaches would use it against us if we are a below 500 team next year. Once we have the horses play the best teams out there.